Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFC Final Playoff Picture

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Week 15 NFC Playoff Picture
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 am
  • 49ers are going down to the Falcons this week in a shocker. Atlanta has been playing well since Quinn's job is on the line the last few weeks. 49ers are banged up.
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2299
    Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 am


Re: Week 15 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:42 pm
  • Vikings and Cowboys up at halftime.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17317
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Week 15 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:43 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:49ers are going down to the Falcons this week in a shocker. Atlanta has been playing well since Quinn's job is on the line the last few weeks. 49ers are banged up.


    I don't post often but I felt really confident this was going to happen. Go Hawks.
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2299
    Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 am


Re: Week 15 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:49ers are going down to the Falcons this week in a shocker. Atlanta has been playing well since Quinn's job is on the line the last few weeks. 49ers are banged up.


    I don't post often but I felt really confident this was going to happen. Go Hawks.


    You called it, bro. Nice work.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17317
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


  • Per the original post, I think the Hawks are not going to win the SOV tiebreaker over SF. I did the math, and I think SF will hold either a 2 or a 3 game lead (3 if the Saints win tomorrow) in SOV after this week over the Hawks.

    So I think it's very unlikely the Hawks will make up that many games in SOV the last 2 weeks and be able to win the division at 12-4 if they beat AZ and lose to SF. possible, but very unlikely.

    I think the Hawks are going to need to beat SF to win the West. I mean, the 49ers are probably not losing to the Rams on Saturday night anyway, but even if they do I do not think the Hawks can realistically clinch the West with just a win over Arizona.
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1347
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm
    Location: NJ


  • also the Hawks are guaranteed a bye if they win out and go 13-3. in a 3-way tie with GB and NO at 13-3, the Hawks are the #1 seed. or if either GB or NO drops a game to finish 12-4, the Hawks have a bye.
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1347
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm
    Location: NJ


  • JonRud wrote:also the Hawks are guaranteed a bye if they win out and go 13-3. in a 3-way tie with GB and NO at 13-3, the Hawks are the #1 seed. or if either GB or NO drops a game to finish 12-4, the Hawks have a bye.


    You are right. I thought that Seattle could clinch the SoV, but I did the math and I agree not possible. If Sea Wins out, then yes they are assured no worse than a week one bye.
    Last edited by Polaris on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • JonRud wrote:Per the original post, I think the Hawks are not going to win the SOV tiebreaker over SF. I did the math, and I think SF will hold either a 2 or a 3 game lead (3 if the Saints win tomorrow) in SOV after this week over the Hawks.

    So I think it's very unlikely the Hawks will make up that many games in SOV the last 2 weeks and be able to win the division at 12-4 if they beat AZ and lose to SF. possible, but very unlikely.

    I think the Hawks are going to need to beat SF to win the West. I mean, the 49ers are probably not losing to the Rams on Saturday night anyway, but even if they do I do not think the Hawks can realistically clinch the West with just a win over Arizona.


    I did the math in detail and you are right. The difference between the quality of our Atlanta Win and their New Orleans win is too massive to make up. Seattle can not clinch next week and I've updated the original post accordingly.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 621
    Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 am


  • zchurch74 wrote:Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?


    Almost certainly the Niners. Because the Niners have beaten better teams (SoV tie break) Edit: However, if we wind up tied in overall record AND we beat San Fran in week 17, then Seattle takes the division because of the head to head tiebreak.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre MNF]
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:09 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?


    Almost certainly the Niners. Because the Niners have beaten better teams (SoV tie break) Edit: However, if we wind up tied in overall record AND we beat San Fran in week 17, then Seattle takes the division because of the head to head tiebreak.




    So in regards to the division only, we could theoretically lose to the Cards but beat the Niners in week 17 and take the tiebreaker....

    If it wasnt for seeding, and since the Rams play the Niners on Saturday, it would almost be tempting to rest some guys vs the Cards if the Niners were to win Saturday night.

    Almost tempting. But seeding, etc. :D
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2659
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre MNF]
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:14 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?


    Almost certainly the Niners. Because the Niners have beaten better teams (SoV tie break) Edit: However, if we wind up tied in overall record AND we beat San Fran in week 17, then Seattle takes the division because of the head to head tiebreak.


    A tied overall record and a Week 17 tie would give Seattle the division as well.
    Avisday1
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:45 am


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre MNF]
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:19 pm
  • Avisday1 wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?


    Almost certainly the Niners. Because the Niners have beaten better teams (SoV tie break) Edit: However, if we wind up tied in overall record AND we beat San Fran in week 17, then Seattle takes the division because of the head to head tiebreak.


    A tied overall record and a Week 17 tie would give Seattle the division as well.


    True. That's because Seattle would own the head to head tiebreak with a 1-0-1 vs San Fran.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 15 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:43 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:49ers are going down to the Falcons this week in a shocker. Atlanta has been playing well since Quinn's job is on the line the last few weeks. 49ers are banged up.


    I don't post often but I felt really confident this was going to happen. Go Hawks.


    You called it, bro. Nice work.



    Thank you!
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2299
    Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 am


Re: Week 15 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:51 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Why do we care if the Rams beat the 49ers? If we don't beat them week 17 they will get the division. I guess it would allow us to lay a stinker against Carolina or AZ

    Because watching the 49ers lose feels good, and the Rams aren't a potential threat to win the division over us.

    Duh. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31548
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • I'm playing around with the ESPN engine and getting different results. According to that, if we win and SF lose next week, we win the division regardless of who wins in SF vs SEA. That is because we seem to win the tiebreaker of won/loss in common games vs SF. I think that in all other week 16 scenarios, whoever wins in week 17 wins the division.

    Also, we could still end 6th seed if we lose out and Minn wins out.
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1533
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:13 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • JerHawk81 wrote:I'm playing around with the ESPN engine and getting different results. According to that, if we win and SF lose next week, we win the division regardless of who wins in SF vs SEA. That is because we seem to win the tiebreaker of won/loss in common games vs SF. I think that in all other week 16 scenarios, whoever wins in week 17 wins the division.


    The ESPN Playoff Machine is dodgy when it comes to SoV and SoS tiebreaks. I had to go back and do it by hand. Basically San Fran currently leads in SoV and we lead in SoS. For SoV, we need to look at the games we won and San Fran didn't and vice versa. That means Atlanta, Minnesota, and Philadelphia for us vs New Orleans, Washington, and Green Bay for San Francisco. Whichever has the better W-L gets the SoV. Either way it won't be determined until week 17.

    Also, we could still end 6th seed if we lose out and Minn wins out.


    If that happens Minn wins the NFC North because they would have to beat Green Bay and then Minn would own the tie break. That means San Fran and Seattle are locked in the #5 seed because both Seattle and San Fran beat Green Bay on any possible tie break.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • As a Hawk fan this might come across as a bit weird but, it is theoretically possible that 5 teams in the NFC finish with identical 12-4 records. Depending on who beats who, the playoff implications magnify. Can anyone remember any year when this could have happened?

    And, because of the rules, it would send a 12-4 team on the road to play a playoff game against an either 8-8 or 9-7 Cowboy or Eagles team.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2905
    Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:51 am


  • seedhawk wrote:As a Hawk fan this might come across as a bit weird but, it is theoretically possible that 5 teams in the NFC finish with identical 12-4 records. Depending on who beats who, the playoff implications magnify. Can anyone remember any year when this could have happened?

    And, because of the rules, it would send a 12-4 team on the road to play a playoff game against an either 8-8 or 9-7 Cowboy or Eagles team.


    I can't remember a year when any conference has been so top-heavy. It's looking like it will take at least 10 and likely 11 wins in the NFC just to be a wild card.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre MNF]
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:01 am
  • If Minney loses out and Rams win out, who gets the bid for the last seed? and how?
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9394
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre MNF]
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:02 am
  • For all those keeping track of SoV between Seattle and San Fran here are the current numbers:

    For Seattle this is the sum of Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Atlanta: 22-20
    For San Fran this is the sum of Green Bay, Washington, and New Orleans: 24-17 [This may go up to 25-17 if
    New Orleans wins tonight]
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre MNF]
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:06 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:If Minney loses out and Rams win out, who gets the bid for the last seed? and how?


    The Rams get the last seed. That's because if the Rams win the last two, their conference record would improve to 8-4 while if Minny loses the last two, their conference record becomes 7-5. Rams get the tiebreak.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • The Playoff Machine is fun.

    Though according to the playing around.. if GB drops a game for whatever reason we can't get higher than 2nd seed if NO wins out .. bleh.
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


  • JonRud wrote:Per the original post, I think the Hawks are not going to win the SOV tiebreaker over SF. I did the math, and I think SF will hold either a 2 or a 3 game lead (3 if the Saints win tomorrow) in SOV after this week over the Hawks.

    So I think it's very unlikely the Hawks will make up that many games in SOV the last 2 weeks and be able to win the division at 12-4 if they beat AZ and lose to SF. possible, but very unlikely.

    I think the Hawks are going to need to beat SF to win the West. I mean, the 49ers are probably not losing to the Rams on Saturday night anyway, but even if they do I do not think the Hawks can realistically clinch the West with just a win over Arizona.


    The ESPN playoff machine must be wrong then because every different way I do it if the 49ers lose to the Rams we win the division regardless of week 17.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 pm


  • andyh64000 wrote:
    JonRud wrote:Per the original post, I think the Hawks are not going to win the SOV tiebreaker over SF. I did the math, and I think SF will hold either a 2 or a 3 game lead (3 if the Saints win tomorrow) in SOV after this week over the Hawks.

    So I think it's very unlikely the Hawks will make up that many games in SOV the last 2 weeks and be able to win the division at 12-4 if they beat AZ and lose to SF. possible, but very unlikely.

    I think the Hawks are going to need to beat SF to win the West. I mean, the 49ers are probably not losing to the Rams on Saturday night anyway, but even if they do I do not think the Hawks can realistically clinch the West with just a win over Arizona.


    The ESPN playoff machine must be wrong then because every different way I do it if the 49ers lose to the Rams we win the division regardless of week 17.


    The ESPN Playoff Machine gets dodgy when you get to SoV and SoS tiebreakers. Don't trust it when the tiebreaks get that deep.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • The ESPN playoff machine is wrong. they need a new programming team over there.
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1347
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm
    Location: NJ


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:56 am
  • Would love to see it end up like this

    1.Seattle
    2. GB
    3. New Orleans
    4. Dal/Phi
    5. SF
    6. Min

    WC
    NO>Min
    SF>Dal/Phi

    DIV
    Sea>SF
    NO>GB

    NFCCG
    SEA>NO
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 4522
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:44 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:Would love to see it end up like this

    1.Seattle
    2. GB
    3. New Orleans
    4. Dal/Phi
    5. SF
    6. Min

    WC
    NO>Min
    SF>Dal/Phi

    DIV
    Sea>SF
    NO>GB

    NFCCG
    SEA>NO


    with your seedings, my preference is

    WC
    Min > NO
    Dal/Phi > SF

    DIV
    Sea > Min
    Dal/Phi > GB

    NFCCG
    Sea > Dal/Phi
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1347
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm
    Location: NJ


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:30 pm
  • Now is this possible as the nfl playoff machine never is too accurate

    Hawks beat Arizona. 49ers lose, Packers lose. Number 2 seed clinched no need to play diggs and others next week?
    theseahawkguy
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 97
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:46 pm


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:17 pm
  • theseahawkguy wrote:Now is this possible as the nfl playoff machine never is too accurate

    Hawks beat Arizona. 49ers lose, Packers lose. Number 2 seed clinched no need to play diggs and others next week?


    not really. it's only possible for the Seahawks to clinch the NFC West prior to playing the 49ers if the 49ers lose to the Rams, Hawks beat Arizona, and the Hawks clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker prior to the SF vs Sea game (Hawks currently trail by 3 games with 6 games that affect this left to be played).

    the only realistic way for this to happen is this.

    Week 16
    LA beats SF
    Sea beats Ari

    Week 17 Sea vs. SF is flexed to Sunday night

    Seahawks make up 3 game deficit in strength of victory between Week 16 and Week 17 games (possible but not likely). if this all happens, the Seahawks would clinch the NFC West before the SF game kicks off.

    if the Seahawks game Week 17 remains at 1:25pm, it's less likely they would clinch before the game because there will probably be other 1:25pm games that affect the final strength of victory. so it's best if the Hawks are flexed to Sunday night, because then there is a small chance the game would not matter to them.
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1347
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm
    Location: NJ


Re: Week 16 NFC Playoff Picture
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:25 pm
  • Well that as they say is that. Update. With the last second win over the Rams by the Niners, SoV is now a moot issue between Seattle and San Fran. Whoever wins the NFC West, it will come down to week 17, and it will depend on who wins the game. That is now locked in concrete. The Rams are now eliminated from the playoffs.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • It's amazing to me how much stuff can still change in the seeding with just 1 week left to play. It's incredible how much of a log jam it is at the top of the NFC especially this year. Usually it's more clear than this after week 16 is done and just week 17 is left to play. It's quite remarkable.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre-MNF]
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:19 am
  • The news says the Niners game is for the division, but isn't this game actually for the (far more important) 2 seed in the conference?
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2392
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre-MNF]
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:54 am
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:The news says the Niners game is for the division, but isn't this game actually for the (far more important) 2 seed in the conference?


    Maybe but that depends on what happens with New Orleans and Green Bay. If both win out, then Seattle can not get a week off even if we win because the best Seattle can now do is 12-4 and they would be 13-3. Also if San Francisco ties then San Francisco could also wind up as low as the third seed of both Green Bay and New Orleans wins out (it's the only way SF can win the division and not get home field).

    Here is the straight skinny:

    1) If San Francisco wins, they win the division AND get home field advantage. Period.
    2) If San Francisco ties, they win the division. If both Green Bay and New Orleans lose or tie at least once, then San Fran gets home field. If one of them win out, then San Fran gets a first week bye and the #2 seed. If both win out, San Fran takes the #3 seed.
    3) If Seattle wins, Seattle wins the division and is no worse than the #3 seed. However if both Green Bay and New Orleans win out, they can not get a first week bye.
    4) If Seattle wins and Minnesota takes the division OR Green Bay wins the division but loses at least once, then Seattle is assured of at least the #2 seed and a week one bye.
    5) If there is a three way tie between Green Bay, New Orleans, and Seattle (or Minnesota, New Orleans, and Seattle), then Seattle gets home field. This is the only way Seattle can get home field now.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture [Pre-MNF]
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:05 pm
  • Thanks for the breakdown. I guess it was more complicated than it looked, but we could still get a first-round bye, which is MASSIVE. Even more so because our offense suddenly has totally different players and people need to game-plan.

    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2392
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am


The NFC West title
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:38 pm
  • With Green bay Packers victory night means there is no chance for us to get a first round bye in the play offs.This would also mean that the 49ers have clinched the NFC west title? Right
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2838
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: The NFC West title
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:49 pm
  • Chawker wrote:With Green bay Packers victory night means there is no chance for us to get a first round bye in the play offs.This would also mean that the 49ers have clinched the NFC west title? Right


    Not true, but things have to go right.

    1) We have to beat San Francisco. That is the bare minimum, after that we have to hope that Green Bay loses.

    If BOTH Green Bay and New Orleans lose, then Seattle can still hypothetically get home field.

    So no, we aren't quite eliminated from a first round bye quite yet, but the odds are slender.

    Edit: If Seattle beats San Fran, Seattle wins the NFC West no matter what else happens. To get the first week bye, we have to be seeded ahead of either New Orleans or Green Bay. That's not possible with New Orleans on a simple head to head, but is with a three way tie break.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: The NFC West title
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:25 am
  • Polaris wrote:
    Chawker wrote:With Green bay Packers victory night means there is no chance for us to get a first round bye in the play offs.This would also mean that the 49ers have clinched the NFC west title? Right


    Not true, but things have to go right.

    1) We have to beat San Francisco. That is the bare minimum, after that we have to hope that Green Bay loses.

    If BOTH Green Bay and New Orleans lose, then Seattle can still hypothetically get home field.

    So no, we aren't quite eliminated from a first round bye quite yet, but the odds are slender.

    Edit: If Seattle beats San Fran, Seattle wins the NFC West no matter what else happens. To get the first week bye, we have to be seeded ahead of either New Orleans or Green Bay. That's not possible with New Orleans on a simple head to head, but is with a three way tie break.



    If just GB loses (and not New Orleans), wouldnt the Hawks get the #2 seed with a win over SF (so still get a bye; just not home field advantage throughout)? I believe they have the tiebreaker over the Packers. I doubt the Packers will lose to the Lions, but crazier things have happened.
    Stuje1
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 61
    Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 am
    Location: chicago, il


Re: The NFC West title
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:56 am
  • Stuje1 wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    Chawker wrote:With Green bay Packers victory night means there is no chance for us to get a first round bye in the play offs.This would also mean that the 49ers have clinched the NFC west title? Right


    Not true, but things have to go right.

    1) We have to beat San Francisco. That is the bare minimum, after that we have to hope that Green Bay loses.

    If BOTH Green Bay and New Orleans lose, then Seattle can still hypothetically get home field.

    So no, we aren't quite eliminated from a first round bye quite yet, but the odds are slender.

    Edit: If Seattle beats San Fran, Seattle wins the NFC West no matter what else happens. To get the first week bye, we have to be seeded ahead of either New Orleans or Green Bay. That's not possible with New Orleans on a simple head to head, but is with a three way tie break.



    If just GB loses (and not New Orleans), wouldnt the Hawks get the #2 seed with a win over SF (so still get a bye; just not home field advantage throughout)? I believe they have the tiebreaker over the Packers. I doubt the Packers will lose to the Lions, but crazier things have happened.


    Yes. If we win and GB loses, then the Hawks can do no worse than the #2 seed and the week off. The only chance for home field is if BOTH GB and NO lose and Seattle wins.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:28 pm
  • The owner of a Slidell car dealership and well-known New Orleans Saints fan is doing what he can to help the black and gold earn a top seed in the NFC playoffs.

    Matt Bowers took to Twitter on Tuesday morning to reach out to Detroit Lions quarterback David Blough and offer "to hook him up" with a new vehicle if Detroit can beat the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.

    Posted in NFL Nation...with link.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9394
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:32 pm
  • To get a first round buy-
    ---we have to win, NO and GB BOTH have to lose.

    Anything other than that and we are either 3rd or 5th seed. In this instance we play the niners except for one other scenario that isn't that likely (but more likely than us getting 1st seed)

    It looks like this game pretty much decides whether we play the niners at our house or theirs in the playoffs.

    This according to the espn playoff machine.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1294
    Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:47 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:To get a first round buy-
    ---we have to win, NO and GB BOTH have to lose.

    Anything other than that and we are either 3rd or 5th seed. In this instance we play the niners except for one other scenario that isn't that likely (but more likely than us getting 1st seed)

    It looks like this game pretty much decides whether we play the niners at our house or theirs in the playoffs.

    This according to the espn playoff machine.


    The ESPN Playoff Machine can't be trusted. It has been dodgy all season. If Green Bay loses and Seattle wins, then Seattle wins the tiebreak with Green Bay by common opponents. That gives Seattle a first week bye. If BOTH New Orleans and Green Bay loses and Seattle wins, then all three will be tied at 12-4, and New Orleans will have an inferior conference record to both GB and Seattle in that case and will drop first. Then Green Bay loses out to Seattle by common opponents, and that is the only way Seattle can get home field. If both Green Bay and New Orleans win (or tie), then yes Seattle is the third seed.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:03 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:To get a first round buy-
    ---we have to win, NO and GB BOTH have to lose.

    Anything other than that and we are either 3rd or 5th seed. In this instance we play the niners except for one other scenario that isn't that likely (but more likely than us getting 1st seed)

    It looks like this game pretty much decides whether we play the niners at our house or theirs in the playoffs.

    This according to the espn playoff machine.


    False.. if packers lose and we win we get at minimum the second seed
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4151
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:45 am
  • I say We because I’m a STH that goes to games and yells every single down the defense is on the field. If you believe the 12’s have had any instrumental value in the teams performance over the last 2 decades then I’m absolutely a part of the team and have a right to use We.

    I think if you haven’t committed anything to the teams success ie you’ve never purchased merchandise, bought tickets, cheered on the defense. Then probably you are pushing it using We in referencing the team.

    That’s my opinion at least. The vocal cord polyps I’ll be living with in my 60’s are my Team ID.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1725
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:23 am
  • Looking at the Standings page at nfl.com, it wrongly indicates we have not clinched a playoff spot yet, but on the Playoff Picture page we indeed have!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1043
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:27 pm
  • Update: As of 1:24PST, Green Bay has beaten the Detroit Lions. Along with a New Orleans win, Seattle is now eliminated from any contention for a first week bye. This also clinches a first week bye for Green Bay.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:48 pm
  • OK help me understand this if you guys know.

    ~ Saints won.

    ~ Packers won.

    So you can no longer get a playoff bye or the #1 or #2 seed no matter what. Minnesota is apparently locked into the #6 seed. So you can get what the #3, #4 seed? Can you get the #5 seed? #3, #4, #5?

    Anyway you play the wild card weekend no matter what from what it seems at this point. Perhaps we have more to play for. The 49ers have the #1 seed, a playoff bye and homefield advantage with a win. It's not an easy task BTW. We can just as easily lose and get the #5 seed too. I'm just saying that's in play. But it's not guaranteed.

    Anyway not having the #1 or #2 seed and a playoff bye is a big deal IMO. It may even make your team somewhat less motivated. As you play the wild card weekend no matter what happens from here on out.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:57 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:OK help me understand this if you guys know.

    ~ Saints won.

    ~ Packers won.

    So you can no longer get a playoff bye or the #1 or #2 seed no matter what. Minnesota is apparently locked into the #6 seed. So you can get what the #3, #4 seed? Can you get the #5 seed? #3, #4, #5?

    Anyway you play the wild card weekend no matter what from what it seems at this point. Perhaps we have more to play for. The 49ers have the #1 seed, a playoff bye and homefield advantage with a win. It's not an easy task BTW. We can just as easily lose and get the #5 seed too. I'm just saying that's in play. But it's not guaranteed.

    Anyway not having the #1 or #2 seed and a playoff bye is a big deal IMO. It may even make your team somewhat less motivated. As you play the wild card weekend no matter what happens from here on out.


    Seattle can now get two seeds. If Seattle wins, Seattle will be the #3 seed. If Seattle loses, Seattle will be the #5 seed.

    If San Francisco wins, then SF is the #1 seed, GB is the #2 seed and NO is the #3 seed and Seattle is the five seed.
    If San Francisco ties, then SF becomes the #3 seed and GB takes the #1 seed.

    Basically if Seattle wins, it's GB 1, NO 2, Seattle 3, Phi/Dal 4, SF 5, Min 6
    If Seattle loses, then it's SF 1, GB 2, NO 3, Phi/Dal 4, Sea 5, Min 6
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


Re: Week 17 NFC Playoff Picture
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:01 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:OK help me understand this if you guys know.

    ~ Saints won.

    ~ Packers won.

    So you can no longer get a playoff bye or the #1 or #2 seed no matter what. Minnesota is apparently locked into the #6 seed. So you can get what the #3, #4 seed? Can you get the #5 seed? #3, #4, #5?

    Anyway you play the wild card weekend no matter what from what it seems at this point. Perhaps we have more to play for. The 49ers have the #1 seed, a playoff bye and homefield advantage with a win. It's not an easy task BTW. We can just as easily lose and get the #5 seed too. I'm just saying that's in play. But it's not guaranteed.

    Anyway not having the #1 or #2 seed and a playoff bye is a big deal IMO. It may even make your team somewhat less motivated. As you play the wild card weekend no matter what happens from here on out.


    Seattle can now get two seeds. If Seattle wins, Seattle will be the #3 seed. If Seattle loses, Seattle will be the #5 seed.

    If San Francisco wins, then SF is the #1 seed, GB is the #2 seed and NO is the #3 seed and Seattle is the five seed.
    If San Francisco ties, then SF becomes the #3 seed and GB takes the #1 seed.

    Basically if Seattle wins, it's GB 1, NO 2, Seattle 3, Phi/Dal 4, SF 5, Min 6
    If Seattle loses, then it's SF 1, GB 2, NO 3, Phi/Dal 4, Sea 5, Min 6


    That's interesting. Thanks. So Green Bay is locked into a playoff bye which is a big deal IMO. Perhaps we have the most to play for in this game. We will see what happens.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online