Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking cigarettes

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Smoking cigarettes
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:57 am
  • Hello we are from Texas and will be flying up to Seattle for the Seahawks vs 49ers game at the end of the month. My girlfriend smokes and looks like it says there isn’t any designated area to smoke in the stadium. Are you allowed to step out, smoke and re-enter the stadium? Is there ANY place to smoke and be able to come back and watch the game? Thanks for any help!

Joseph
    Jdfinspect
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Smoking cigarettes
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:43 pm
  • Nope. There is nowhere that you are allowed to smoke in the stadium, and you are not allowed to leave and then re-enter after kick off.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 pm
  • Tell her to take up chew.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 pm
  • Am allergic to smoking and makes my eyes water and sinuses act up!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:26 pm
  • Levi's is the same way due to people claiming allergies when what's really happening is that they would rather not smell smoke and stadium janitorial having to clean it up.

Fact, in any outdoor venue, park, whatever you are exposed to deadly automobile exhaust. You're outdoors, you only smell it for a bit, and you smell cigarettes or whatever people are smoking less.

But it is what is. Your GF isn't going to quit to placate the offended--that's not how quitting works. She could do the patch/gum or take a e-cig into the bathroom at halftime.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:35 am
  • Thanks everyone. I’m pretty sure she can go a couple of hours without smoking, atleast she better haha. This is her football team so we made it our Christmas trip. Heard it’s a great environment to be in. Enjoy the holidays everyone! Thanks again for the help!
    Jdfinspect
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:46 pm
  • Not saying they still do it but I went to a game and they allowed us to smoke up by the clock on that landing, not suppose to but they didn't bother the few there doing it. Half time I was able to get a smoke in.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:16 pm
  • Last time I went to a Seahawks game, which wasn’t that long ago, they had a smoking area in the south east corner of the stadium. That was like two years ago so I don’t know if it’s changed.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:19 pm
  • I smoked a pipe for years. But last year I was able to give it up thanks to a vape gadget I got called Vuse. Since I started using that I haven't missed smoking at all. Best of all it doesn't bother anyone else as it is odorless. The vapor looks like you breathing on a cold day. If you work at it you can exhale in such a way that there is no visible vapor plume. Best of all I'm redeveloping much better lung capacity, so I feel better. Smoking STINKS, so that part of a bad habit is fixed too!
    Hope this helps someone else who hasn't been able to quit. I loved my pipe. Now I don't miss it at all.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:52 pm
  • Is weed OK :?: :0190l:
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:35 pm
  • xray wrote:Is weed OK :?: :0190l:

Ask Josh Gordon :)
    rjas77
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 pm
  • rjas77 wrote:
    xray wrote:Is weed OK :?: :0190l:

Ask Josh Gordon :)

He said yes.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 pm
  • just fire up a blunt. it should be ok in seattle.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:39 pm
  • Yeah, it must be a regional thing.

At the Titan's stadium, they had a smoking section near the bathrooms.

And at the Cowboy's stadium, you got a little wristband to go outside to smoke, and then you can re-enter.
    taz291819
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:47 pm
  • just get some nicotine loungers
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:just get some nicotine loungers

So is that a chair coated in nicotine that you relax in while it soaks in through your skin?

(sorry man, I had to......couldn't help myself)
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:just get some nicotine loungers

So is that a chair coated in nicotine that you relax in while it soaks in through your skin?

(sorry man, I had to......couldn't help myself)

LOL.. Damn auto correct.. but that would be cool! :P
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:59 pm
  • Passepartout wrote:Am allergic to smoking and makes my eyes water and sinuses act up!

Me too! I also start coughing as it makes my throat burn. Had someone come back in to a Hockey game after smoking, sat down next to me, and I started coughing so violently I almost passed out.

Never used to effect me, but as I get older.... mold too. I can tell instantly if there is mold in a room.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:32 am
  • Any trip is an opportunity to give up the habit.

I've read the physical addiction to nicotine lasts for 36 hours. He psychological "want" addiction lasts longer, but 36 hours for the "need" feeling.

If you get an 8-hour sleep before getting up and around for a 5? hour flight for which you need to be at the airport an hour ahead of time, then you've accounted for around 15-16 hours of that 36. Best done when heading home or you won't have a good time in Seattle. But if you can show her half of the physical addition is covered by time she *can't* smoke, then she might be able to meet it half-way.

I was luckier - I quit in France, so I had a train trip to a Paris-Chicago flight, then a stopover and a Chicago-LA flight, followed by an LA-Santa Maria drive in my boss' car. My entire journey was in smoke-free environments, and I arrived home in the evening, so all I had to do was not have a smoke before going to bed, and I was well past 36 hours when I woke up the next day.

Easiest cold-turkey quit ever.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:09 am
  • If you have a GF that is so addicted to tobacco that she can't go 3 hours without smoking, then I'd suggest looking for a new GF. She'll never be able to give it up and will reap all sorts of bad health consequences as will you. The premature aging is pretty awful too. Not many attractive 50 year old woman that were heavy smokers.

But they say love is blind.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 am
  • ..and watching Captain Kangaroooo...
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:53 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:..and watching Captain Kangaroooo...

.......and writing something nasty on the wall.........
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:56 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:Any trip is an opportunity to give up the habit.

I've read the physical addiction to nicotine lasts for 36 hours. He psychological "want" addiction lasts longer, but 36 hours for the "need" feeling.

If you get an 8-hour sleep before getting up and around for a 5? hour flight for which you need to be at the airport an hour ahead of time, then you've accounted for around 15-16 hours of that 36. Best done when heading home or you won't have a good time in Seattle. But if you can show her half of the physical addition is covered by time she *can't* smoke, then she might be able to meet it half-way.

I was luckier - I quit in France, so I had a train trip to a Paris-Chicago flight, then a stopover and a Chicago-LA flight, followed by an LA-Santa Maria drive in my boss' car. My entire journey was in smoke-free environments, and I arrived home in the evening, so all I had to do was not have a smoke before going to bed, and I was well past 36 hours when I woke up the next day.

Easiest cold-turkey quit ever.

For those of us that are, or in my case have been, thoroughly addicted it takes more than 36 hours and the psychological "urge" goes at least a year. It's been over 13 years now and I still on the rare occasion get the "wow, a cigarette would be nice right now" thought. When you are someone it REALLY gets its hooks into, it's not like you described. But I am truly glad it was easier for you.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information