Smoking cigarettes

Jdfinspect

Reaction score
Hello we are from Texas and will be flying up to Seattle for the Seahawks vs 49ers game at the end of the month. My girlfriend smokes and looks like it says there isn’t any designated area to smoke in the stadium. Are you allowed to step out, smoke and re-enter the stadium? Is there ANY place to smoke and be able to come back and watch the game? Thanks for any help!

Joseph

Chapow

Reaction score
Nope. There is nowhere that you are allowed to smoke in the stadium, and you are not allowed to leave and then re-enter after kick off.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Levi's is the same way due to people claiming allergies when what's really happening is that they would rather not smell smoke and stadium janitorial having to clean it up.

Fact, in any outdoor venue, park, whatever you are exposed to deadly automobile exhaust. You're outdoors, you only smell it for a bit, and you smell cigarettes or whatever people are smoking less.

But it is what is. Your GF isn't going to quit to placate the offended--that's not how quitting works. She could do the patch/gum or take a e-cig into the bathroom at halftime.

OP
OP
J

Jdfinspect

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I’m pretty sure she can go a couple of hours without smoking, atleast she better haha. This is her football team so we made it our Christmas trip. Heard it’s a great environment to be in. Enjoy the holidays everyone! Thanks again for the help!

chris98251

Reaction score
Not saying they still do it but I went to a game and they allowed us to smoke up by the clock on that landing, not suppose to but they didn't bother the few there doing it. Half time I was able to get a smoke in.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Last time I went to a Seahawks game, which wasn’t that long ago, they had a smoking area in the south east corner of the stadium. That was like two years ago so I don’t know if it’s changed.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I smoked a pipe for years. But last year I was able to give it up thanks to a vape gadget I got called Vuse. Since I started using that I haven't missed smoking at all. Best of all it doesn't bother anyone else as it is odorless. The vapor looks like you breathing on a cold day. If you work at it you can exhale in such a way that there is no visible vapor plume. Best of all I'm redeveloping much better lung capacity, so I feel better. Smoking STINKS, so that part of a bad habit is fixed too!
Hope this helps someone else who hasn't been able to quit. I loved my pipe. Now I don't miss it at all.

mrblitz

Reaction score
just fire up a blunt. it should be ok in seattle.

taz291819

Reaction score
Yeah, it must be a regional thing.

At the Titan's stadium, they had a smoking section near the bathrooms.

And at the Cowboy's stadium, you got a little wristband to go outside to smoke, and then you can re-enter.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":33gd6w8o said:
Bobblehead":33gd6w8o said:
just get some nicotine loungers
So is that a chair coated in nicotine that you relax in while it soaks in through your skin?

(sorry man, I had to......couldn't help myself)

LOL.. Damn auto correct.. but that would be cool! :p

ivotuk

Reaction score
Passepartout":2rsc1p1k said:
Am allergic to smoking and makes my eyes water and sinuses act up!

Me too! I also start coughing as it makes my throat burn. Had someone come back in to a Hockey game after smoking, sat down next to me, and I started coughing so violently I almost passed out.

Never used to effect me, but as I get older.... mold too. I can tell instantly if there is mold in a room.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Any trip is an opportunity to give up the habit.

I've read the physical addiction to nicotine lasts for 36 hours. He psychological "want" addiction lasts longer, but 36 hours for the "need" feeling.

If you get an 8-hour sleep before getting up and around for a 5? hour flight for which you need to be at the airport an hour ahead of time, then you've accounted for around 15-16 hours of that 36. Best done when heading home or you won't have a good time in Seattle. But if you can show her half of the physical addition is covered by time she *can't* smoke, then she might be able to meet it half-way.

I was luckier - I quit in France, so I had a train trip to a Paris-Chicago flight, then a stopover and a Chicago-LA flight, followed by an LA-Santa Maria drive in my boss' car. My entire journey was in smoke-free environments, and I arrived home in the evening, so all I had to do was not have a smoke before going to bed, and I was well past 36 hours when I woke up the next day.

Easiest cold-turkey quit ever.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If you have a GF that is so addicted to tobacco that she can't go 3 hours without smoking, then I'd suggest looking for a new GF. She'll never be able to give it up and will reap all sorts of bad health consequences as will you. The premature aging is pretty awful too. Not many attractive 50 year old woman that were heavy smokers.

But they say love is blind.