No Rumination Tonight

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'll give ya a thought...….
Just once, I would like to see this team play four quarters of football. Especially the offense.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Fade":3jhc8wy3 said:
The season ended last week for me.

How could anyone honestly be excited for the playoff game?

I'm sorry but I just can't be.

Yikes.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":7svfeti6 said:
Fade":7svfeti6 said:

How could anyone honestly be excited for the playoff game?

I'm sorry but I just can't be.

Yikes.

Why are you a fan? Only when we win? Sad honestly. Wish you the best.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
i know because who likes championships anymore when you can get bounced in the 1st or embarrassed in the divisional

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Season ended?

Playoffs aren’t exciting??

I remember the days where just sniffing the playoffs got me dreaming for weeks on end.

95 percent of NFL fans would read this thread and shake their head.

I want to win Super Bowls too, but let’s take a step back here....

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":r5dnzraf said:
Fade":r5dnzraf said:

You a quitter? Wow. Ok.
You could do the Rumination Shane.. :lol:
He's obviously onto next season with the cap figures :sarcasm_on:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3srq1do9 said:
i know because who likes championships anymore when you can get bounced in the 1st or embarrassed in the divisional

It's likely the Seahawks won't win another Super Bowl in the next 20 years. It doesn't matter if Pete Carroll is here or not, it's just that hard.

So if one's philosophy is "Championship or It's All Worthless", I highly suggest giving up watching. This is very likely to end in many years of hate and discontent.

There are things that are wrong with this team and lots of valid complaints. But if you can't appreciate in the least getting a playoff berth and your team having a chance to play another week in the postseason, this isn't fun and I don't understand why you're watching.

iigakusei

Reaction score
That is unfortunate as I always look forward to your posts.
Too bad you didnt watch the game last night as it was a great game.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'll ruminate a bit then:

- This is a very young team and it shows:
- With the 9ers in hurry up, Flowers gets a sack and the D sets up a group pose instead of getting back to the line
- Metcalf still makes catches with his body, lacks situational awareness (specifically him trying to truck a DB in bounds as time was running out instead of getting out and stopping the clock), although he seems to make time to rehearse his TD celebrations...
- Barton is late on nearly every play because the game is still too fast for him.
- We have yet to play 60 minutes of football, therefore we can't play decent football in the first quarter nor put away bad teams.
- etc, etc
- I liked that we were coming up and tackling more in the 2nd half. KJ's big stuff right after the half might have been the catalyst too, but all year we've been drag-down tackling or doing a shoulder check without wrapping up. I know some of it is going for the strip, but it makes us a soft team. Opponents should expect to get blown up as soon as they touch the ball and be thinking about career security instead of ball security and YAC. I haven't seen this kind of physical tackling since Rocky Seto left.
- I liked our man defense today. I would have been happy to have Bobby on Kittle and play 10v10 all day.
- I liked that Hill kept the play in front of him, even though he didn't figure much near the los.
- I didn't like our zone D, nor our slow adjustments. (Reference your fav Norton v. Carrol thread here)
- I liked Travis Homer today. He looks small, but he showed he's tough enough to play inside and didn't shy away from contact.
- Russ consistently under throws his deep balls. He's always done this. I just wish he'd drive the ball with a little less loft sometimes.
- Russ was shaky in his decision making in the 4th quarter. He got caught in no-man's land a few times where he had to pass or run since he was crossing the los. A few times he made magic, but there were a couple times where he just stopped and waited to get tackled where he could have tucked and ran for +gains. Not sure what was going on there, but I have a theory which I will expound on in my next bullet.
- Our sideline lost this game for us today. The slow adjustments on D that got us carved up aside, on our last drive Russ was finding his rhythm in the 2 minute offense. The 9ers were gassed and it was really a question of how much time we were going to leave them after we scored. We had a couple instances where the play clock was short, but Russ was getting the ball snapped in time after his reads and adjustments. THEN PETE called a timeout because he didn't trust his QB to snap the ball on time. 9ers D got to catch their breath, momentum stopped, and then the micromanagement around the goal line that lost us 2nd and goal from the 1, no timeouts to challenge the no PI call, no timeouts to play short of the goal line, no timeouts to run the ball, and no timeouts to go breathe in a bag and let your $30MM QB win the game.

To paraphrase Brad Pitt in Moneyball, "When you are getting the results you want Pete, hang up the phone." /rant

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1lf43b7s said:
hawksincebirth":1lf43b7s said:

It's likely the Seahawks won't win another Super Bowl in the next 20 years. It doesn't matter if Pete Carroll is here or not, it's just that hard.

So if one's philosophy is "Championship or It's All Worthless", I highly suggest giving up watching. This is very likely to end in many years of hate and discontent.

There are things that are wrong with this team and lots of valid complaints. But if you can't appreciate in the least getting a playoff berth and your team having a chance to play another week in the postseason, this isn't fun and I don't understand why you're watching.
That’s not what I said at all.
Historic defense 1 title
Historic qb being wasted in his prime. Year after year since the play. It’s the same song and dance. And I watch because I love the Seahawks. Why do you care why I watch anyway? Eventually Pete will get fired or be forced to retire and I hope you all see what we’ve seen for a few seasons at that point. I’ll enjoy our playoff run. Then I’ll come here and voice my opinion because that’s what this place was made for right ?

AubHawk71

Reaction score
To be honest, you could have just copy and pasted last week's Rumination, because it was pretty much all of the same old same old against SF.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Own The West":1qg6657t said:
I have a theory which I will expound on in my next bullet.
- Our sideline lost this game for us today. The slow adjustments on D that got us carved up aside, on our last drive Russ was finding his rhythm in the 2 minute offense. The 9ers were gassed and it was really a question of how much time we were going to leave them after we scored. We had a couple instances where the play clock was short, but Russ was getting the ball snapped in time after his reads and adjustments. THEN PETE called a timeout because he didn't trust his QB to snap the ball on time. 9ers D got to catch their breath, momentum stopped, and then the micromanagement around the goal line that lost us 2nd and goal from the 1, no timeouts to challenge the no PI call, no timeouts to play short of the goal line, no timeouts to run the ball, and no timeouts to go breathe in a bag and let your $30MM QB win the game.

To paraphrase Brad Pitt in Moneyball, "When you are getting the results you want Pete, hang up the phone." /rant

Nice analysis on that bullet point. The needless burning of TOs to avoid Delay of Game penalties probably cost us the game at the end. Let's hope Pete and Russell use that game for some soul-searching and process change.

John63

Reaction score
olyfan63":2b7w1nyl said:
Own The West":2b7w1nyl said:
I have a theory which I will expound on in my next bullet.

Nice analysis on that bullet point. The needless burning of TOs to avoid Delay of Game penalties probably cost us the game at the end. Let's hope Pete and Russell use that game for some soul-searching and process change.

Ahh 1 rally they do this time and time again and have not changed. 2 this is PC he is the one calling the time-outs instead of letting Wilson run what he wants, which by the way is when we move the ball the best. When it comes right down to it, PC is a control freak and until he learns to trust and let go we will continue to be a decent to really good season team and bad playoff team.

John63

Reaction score
Own The West":cydi0b8o said:

- This is a very young team and it shows:
- With the 9ers in hurry up, Flowers gets a sack and the D sets up a group pose instead of getting back to the line
- Metcalf still makes catches with his body, lacks situational awareness (specifically him trying to truck a DB in bounds as time was running out instead of getting out and stopping the clock), although he seems to make time to rehearse his TD celebrations...
- Barton is late on nearly every play because the game is still too fast for him.
- We have yet to play 60 minutes of football, therefore we can't play decent football in the first quarter nor put away bad teams.
- etc, etc
- I liked that we were coming up and tackling more in the 2nd half. KJ's big stuff right after the half might have been the catalyst too, but all year we've been drag-down tackling or doing a shoulder check without wrapping up. I know some of it is going for the strip, but it makes us a soft team. Opponents should expect to get blown up as soon as they touch the ball and be thinking about career security instead of ball security and YAC. I haven't seen this kind of physical tackling since Rocky Seto left.
- I liked our man defense today. I would have been happy to have Bobby on Kittle and play 10v10 all day.
- I liked that Hill kept the play in front of him, even though he didn't figure much near the los.
- I didn't like our zone D, nor our slow adjustments. (Reference your fav Norton v. Carrol thread here)
- I liked Travis Homer today. He looks small, but he showed he's tough enough to play inside and didn't shy away from contact.
- Russ consistently under throws his deep balls. He's always done this. I just wish he'd drive the ball with a little less loft sometimes.
- Russ was shaky in his decision making in the 4th quarter. He got caught in no-man's land a few times where he had to pass or run since he was crossing the los. A few times he made magic, but there were a couple times where he just stopped and waited to get tackled where he could have tucked and ran for +gains. Not sure what was going on there, but I have a theory which I will expound on in my next bullet.

Not bad agree on most, disagree on some, really disagree on some, but hey you took the time, it is your opinion and so good.

So before you ask on the deep balls I am torn on one hand yes it would be nice if he drove the ball more, but on the other hand that also provides more chance of an in completion, but throwing high he gives his WR a chance and given he is always top 5 in deep ball throwing, completion etc I will go with his philosophy.

I totally Agree our sideline lost this game, and not just in the 4th but in wasting a whole half.

I agree on Homer like him as a 3rd down back he can catch, he is fast, he is smart and Russ seems to trust him

I agree on Metcalf though I did see a hand catch or 2, so he is getting better.

I agree on Barton

I agree on not playing a whole 60, not sure you will see it again under PC.

I disagree about not liking our zone, I absolutely HATE IT we might as well just let them score if we play zone for a whole series. All it does is hope the QB or RB makes a mistake, instead of being proactive.

The reality is PC ball leaves very little margin for error and that is a huge problem, that might not rear its head enough in the regular season, but given we are 2-3 in the post since 2014 it has reared its head in the playoffs.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1kokyc2m said:
Shanegotyou11":1kokyc2m said:
Fade":1kokyc2m said:

You a quitter? Wow. Ok.
You could do the Rumination Shane.. :lol:
He's obviously onto next season with the cap figures :sarcasm_on:

I wouldnt start something and then quit before season ended especially on a 11 and 5 squad. Lol.
:pukeface:

Also we have tons of knowledgeable people just as much as him or myself. Fade is a solid poster but quitting cuz we lost to arizona is strange. So yea if i started something i wouldnt quit doing it especially with a 11 and 5 season. :sarcasm_off:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I feel you, Fade.

Punches in the gut are hard to take at times. A lot of disappointments, missed opportunities, and playing below expectations take their toll. But hang tough, bro.

We are in the playoffs. We start slow, but we play to the end EVERY game, and there's only 3 games left to the SB. I never expected we'd reach the SB. I still don't think we will, but if we do...we'll get our asses handed to us by the Ravens.

But hey, at least the Patriots won't be there!!!

I enjoy your ruminations. Don't stay away too long!

HomerJ