- whoever the strength & conditioning coach is

- Tedric Thomson
- Lano Hill
- Akeem King
- Ziggy Ansah
- Jason Myers
- Germain Ifedi (if not extra-cheap)
- Jaron Brown

and last, but not least, (and not exactly out-of-the-team) but ...

- Pete Carroll as a HC (hire him as a team motivator or whatever). I know (this last wish) is not happening but it's how I feel about it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
LJ Collier--We're paying him several million for every tackle he makes. Or doesn't. Point is at $10M, he should have shown up more regardless of being banged up earlier. Who wasn't banged up?

Shaquem Griffin--showed up last game but where was he this time? We can and did hire "special teams aces" off the street as well as grow them. They're supposed to grow into defensive starters in this case. Don't see it happening no matter how many books or TV interviews the brothers do.

Iupati--breaking down

Pocic--supposedly the solution but isn't if he can't stay healthy.

seabowl

Reaction score
think actually think Myers is ok. Better than most around the league

olyfan63

Reaction score
My edits
Joyodongo":2mgp8ad5 said:
My personal "black list":

- Tedric Thomson
- Lano Hill
- Jaron Brown

- Pete Carroll as a HC (hire him as a team motivator or whatever). I know (this last wish) is not happening but it's how I feel about it.

TOSSUPS
- Ziggy Ansah - looked better once he started getting healthy. But yeah, like 10 wasted games at start of season. And way overpriced for what we got.

- Ken Norton Jr. - Man, at times the Seahawks D looked really pathetic. Other times they looked really good. But the failure to slow down the Rams in the rematch, that was a bit damning. and seeing teams march down the field 10-15 yards at a time, that happened way too often this year. Could also be that a 2nd year of Norton is night and day better than Year 1 as DC, including players development. Pete's D needs an ET or QD type of safety to make it go, and we only had that for about 3 games. My sense is that Norton is the ass-kicking tough guy, which Pete needs, but Norton needs to improve at game planning and in-game adjustments. We have seen some of that this year, just not as much as was needed. Also, Norton needed time to truly know the players and their capabilities to scheme properly for them. I say, if we beat the Eagles and SackQuem finally gets his first sack, give Norton another year.

KEEPERS
- Akeem King - as far as I know, he's been young and cheap and actually made some key plays this year. Serviceable. He was actually the defender on a game-clinching defensive play against Minnesota, IIRC. Passable depth at DB is hard to come by.

- Jason Myers - You're on drugs, man. Myers has been solid. No games lost this year by our kicker, and a couple games won. He had one streak of a couple games where he lost his stroke and was erratic. Personally, I think he had the flu in a way that affected his balance and thus his kicking, or an injury that caused that result. Once healthy, his stroke was back, and has stayed back.

- Pete Carroll - Those are some really good drugs you're on. But I'm glad you see Pete's value as the guy who makes the program go. Yes, he needs to do a Dick Vermeil and let his coordinators operate more freely. Got Dick a SB with the Greatest Show On Turf. We can hope he realizes that's what "Always Compete" should mean for him as a coach; compete by leadership, not by micromanaging assistants.

- Brian Schneider - Seahawks ST have been league average, as far as I know. Yes, the New Orleans fiasco. ST helped lose that game for us. Point is, we could do worse. Who out there would want to come to Seattle and would be better?

One you missed...
- C. J. Prosise - people have complained all year. But, he was cheap, he knew the Hawks system, and he did play reasonably well when he played. I say he's worth bringing back on a cheap 1 or 2 year deal where he's off the cap if we cut him. Why not turn him into a WR-RB hybrid, maybe he'll last longer. Dump Jaron Brown, keep CJ. I'd love to see the Hawks use CJ on Jet Sweeps and such like the Rams do with their WRs.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
George Fant. Him being winded shows he's out of shape and it played a big factor in why we got that delay of game. To be that out of shape this late in the season is telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getnasty

Reaction score
dopeboy206":mpnuj9fk said:
George Fant. Him being winded shows he's out of shape and it played a big factor in why we got that delay of game. To be that out of shape this late in the season is telling.

Of all the times to want to cut Fant you choose right after he play dynamite filling in for Brown and he wasn't winded he was injured.

OP
OP
Joyodongo

Joyodongo

Reaction score
olyfan63":254l0uix said:
My edits
Joyodongo":254l0uix said:
My personal "black list":

- Tedric Thomson
- Lano Hill
- Jaron Brown

TOSSUPS
- Ziggy Ansah - looked better once he started getting healthy. But yeah, like 10 wasted games at start of season. And way overpriced for what we got.

- Ken Norton Jr. - Man, at times the Seahawks D looked really pathetic. Other times they looked really good. But the failure to slow down the Rams in the rematch, that was a bit damning. and seeing teams march down the field 10-15 yards at a time, that happened way too often this year. Could also be that a 2nd year of Norton is night and day better than Year 1 as DC, including players development. Pete's D needs an ET or QD type of safety to make it go, and we only had that for about 3 games. My sense is that Norton is the ass-kicking tough guy, which Pete needs, but Norton needs to improve at game planning and in-game adjustments. We have seen some of that this year, just not as much as was needed. Also, Norton needed time to truly know the players and their capabilities to scheme properly for them. I say, if we beat the Eagles and SackQuem finally gets his first sack, give Norton another year.

KEEPERS
- Akeem King - as far as I know, he's been young and cheap and actually made some key plays this year. Serviceable. He was actually the defender on a game-clinching defensive play against Minnesota, IIRC. Passable depth at DB is hard to come by.

- Jason Myers - You're on drugs, man. Myers has been solid. No games lost this year by our kicker, and a couple games won. He had one streak of a couple games where he lost his stroke and was erratic. Personally, I think he had the flu in a way that affected his balance and thus his kicking, or an injury that caused that result. Once healthy, his stroke was back, and has stayed back.

- Pete Carroll - Those are some really good drugs you're on. But I'm glad you see Pete's value as the guy who makes the program go. Yes, he needs to do a d*ck Vermeil and let his coordinators operate more freely. Got d*ck a SB with the Greatest Show On Turf. We can hope he realizes that's what "Always Compete" should mean for him as a coach; compete by leadership, not by micromanaging assistants.

- Brian Schneider - Seahawks ST have been league average, as far as I know. Yes, the New Orleans fiasco. ST helped lose that game for us. Point is, we could do worse. Who out there would want to come to Seattle and would be better?

One you missed...
- C. J. Prosise - people have complained all year. But, he was cheap, he knew the Hawks system, and he did play reasonably well when he played. I say he's worth bringing back on a cheap 1 or 2 year deal where he's off the cap if we cut him. Why not turn him into a WR-RB hybrid, maybe he'll last longer. Dump Jaron Brown, keep CJ. I'd love to see the Hawks use CJ on Jet Sweeps and such like the Rams do with their WRs.

Yes, I missed Prosise, I had him in mind and very high on the list but I forgot to put him on it.
Ken Norton: Isn’t this already his 2nd year? I think the D has a decent amount of talent but they have clearly underperformed. A lot of blame should go to the coaching staff.
Same with ST. It’s been 2 out of 3 games a liability for several years now.
Myers: Is there any Seahawks fan confident whenever he kicks any PAT/FG?
PC: I’m really tired of the same old narrative (SB, winning seasons). I honestly think he’s one of the worst in-game coaches (time management, 4th downs, game planning to your opponent ...), and it’s getting worse and worse (this season was atrocious).

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

TwilightError

Reaction score
Ken Norton does not seem to get it done. As for players, its better not to overreact after a tight loss.

TwilightError

Reaction score
On a positive note, Travis Homer looked good and John Ursua caught a really important pass.

kmeleon

Reaction score
getnasty":3kgfnmlr said:
dopeboy206":3kgfnmlr said:

Of all the times to want to cut Fant you choose right after he play dynamite filling in for Brown and he wasn't winded he was injured.

WOW! No crap! The guy's play last night in place of Brown was really good. He protected well from what I saw for the most part, Jones last week was ugly.

Let's not kick him off the team :roll:

Slick

Reaction score
I sit in the north end two rows up from the field above the field suites and definitely wasn't winded; appeared to have either a cramp or wind knocked out.

getnasty":232pbcam said:
dopeboy206":232pbcam said:

Polk738

Reaction score
With how good Travis Homer has looked in this game I see no reason to resign CJ Prosise, that just seems asinine to me

AgentDib

Reaction score
Polk738":3m0ziet1 said:
With how good Travis Homer has looked in this game I see no reason to resign CJ Prosise, that just seems asinine to me
Remember how people were stupidly arguing Penny vs. Carson earlier in the season? If we resign Prosise he will probably get hurt, but Homer also has a high likelihood of getting hurt if given the 3rd down back over a full season. The modern approach to RBs is having a gaggle of them and even then you may run out like we did this season. We want 8+ RBs in training camp and then we can keep the 4-5 best and hopefully stash at least one more on the practice squad.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I feel Norton is not suited to being defensive coach. Linebacker coach? Yes, but not defensive coach. Get someone who is a D line coach here imo. Pete can coach up the defensive backfield.

Also TT and Hill are sub par safeties.

blaisio

Reaction score
I think we should cut Turbin. He hasn't even scored a td yet, what the heck!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lano Hill - adds nothing, slow to react, awful angles, tackles own players

Ken Norton Jr - need someone like Dan Quinn who has a terrific DL background, pass rush is basically the worst in the league. Secondary play should be better if there is any semblance of a pass rush.

Jaron Brown - almost feels like something terrible will happen anytime the ball goes his way

Tre Flowers - I don't necessarily want him gone but he needs competition this year. Way too easy completing passes against him. He may have the 3rd year growth Shaq did.

TT - literally had to change the scheme because Pete didn't trust him as the FS single high. Safety depth needs some fresh blood with Diggs hopefully taking the spot for many years.