Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks' 2020 opponents are set.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:59 am
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Seahawks' 2020 opponents are set.
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:08 am
  • Whisper is Dolphins road game might be in London.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:49 am
  • I love this schedule as of now
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:38 am
  • How is Minnesota coming here for the third straight year?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:48 am
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:How is Minnesota coming here for the third straight year?
    They’re 2nd in their division and we’re 2nd in ours? Also to balance out home and away games? I remember we always had to go to Carolina each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 am
  • You mad bro?
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:34 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Whisper is Dolphins road game might be in London.

Let's hope not. No NFC West team should have to play in London. Already too many miles having to play the AFC East and NFC East.
    Keyhawk
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:11 am
  • Miami and Buffalo finally looking like decent teams and that is when we get to play them. Just funny after Patriots has been using those easy wins every year as a stepping stone to bye weeks and Superbowl runs lol

Good schedule. Fun games 5 playoff teams
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:45 am
  • Overall looks less daunting than our schedule this year was.
    If we can get our lines issue and off-season contracts successfully resolved we should do pretty well.
    Appyhawk
    NET Starter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

Hopefully the 6-2 version of the Falcons will show up instead of the 1-7 version.

Gonna take the girlfriend to a game at the Clink next season... She's a big Hawks fan and attended Super Bowl XXV back in the day (Disney employee who got a free ticket) but she's never attended a regular season game.

Leaning on the Patriots game if Brady comes back... otherwise probably Dallas or SF.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:53 am
  • Finally not playing an away game in Carolina? What is this the first time in a decade?
    FloridaSeahawk18
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:05 pm
  • FloridaSeahawk18 wrote:Finally not playing an away game in Carolina? What is this the first time in a decade?

The NFL scheduling at its best.

This year the NFC West plays the NFC South so Atlanta gets Seattle at home... and next year the 2nd place NFC West plays the 2nd place NFC South on the road... so Atlanta gets Seattle at home again... back to back.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:51 pm
  • FloridaSeahawk18 wrote:Finally not playing an away game in Carolina? What is this the first time in a decade?

Yes!

I know the schedulers can't please everyone, but dang. WAY too much Panthers during the 2010s.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:16 pm
  • Code: Select all
    49ers             Seattle

@New Orleans      Minnesota
    Green Bay         @Atlanta
    @Dallas           Dallas
    @NY Giants        NY Giants
    @New England      New England
    @NY Jets          NY Jets
    Philadelphia      @Philadelphia
    Washington        @Washington
    Buffalo           @Buffalo
    Miami             @Miami

84-76 (.525)      75-85 (.469)
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Whisper is Dolphins road game might be in London.

I hope not. I'll be living in Miami by then and I would LOVE to see the Seahawks play there. I've got too many other trips happening in 2020 to add a trip to London, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:01 pm
  • AubHawk71 wrote:
    FloridaSeahawk18 wrote:Finally not playing an away game in Carolina? What is this the first time in a decade?

Yes!

I know the schedulers can't please everyone, but dang. WAY too much Panthers during the 2010s.

The schedule makers don't pick the opponents or where the games are played. That's already been decided on a rotation that's been in place since 2002 when they had the division re-alignment. The schedule makers only decide WHEN the teams are playing.

Every team in the NFC South played every team in the NFC West in 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.

The rest of the years y'all ended up playing the Panthers was due to finishing in the same place of the divisional standings as they did the previous year.

2012 - because y'all both finished 3rd in the NFC West/South in 2011
      2014 - because y'all both won the NFC West/South in 2013
      2015 - because y'all both won the NFC West/South in 2014
      2018 - because y'all both finished 2nd in the NFC West/South in 2017

Other years, where our divisions didn't play each other, y'all finished in a different place than the Panthers...

2011 - in 2010 y'all finished 1st in the West but the Panthers finished 4th in the South, so as a result y'all played the Falcons (who won the South in 2010) and they played the Cardinals (who finished last in the West in 2010)

2017 - in 2016 y'all finished 1st in the West but the Panthers finished 4th in the South, so as a result y'all played the Falcons (who won the South in 2016) and they played the 49ers (who finished last in the West in 2016)

Whether these "same-place finisher" games are home or away is based on a different rotation that is on a 6-year cycle.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

• I know it's very early, but ICYMI:

http://bit.ly/Hawks_2020_Schedule

- Seattle Seahawks -
    Home:
    Arizona Cardinals
    Los Angeles Rams
    San Francisco 49ers
    Dallas Cowboys
    Minnesota Vikings
    New England Patriots
    New York Giants
    New York Jets

Away:
    Arizona Cardinals
    Los Angeles Rams
    San Francisco 49ers
    Atlanta Falcons
    Buffalo Bills
    Miami Dolphins
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins
    FlayvaMeister
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:29 pm
  • That is not a easy schedule by any means, even Giants and Jets are going to be improved let alone our division, Washington has Rivera as Coach now also and are trying to bring Del Rio in as DC, can't see that being very easy either if late.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:19 am
  • chris98251 wrote:That is not a easy schedule by any means, even Giants and Jets are going to be improved let alone our division, Washington has Rivera as Coach now also and are trying to bring Del Rio in as DC, can't see that being very easy either if late.

Cuz it’s so telling before the draft, free agency, pre-season.....

:34853_doh:
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:25 am
  • I think it looks tougher than this years...lot of air miles as well.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:17 pm
  • MD5eahawks wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:That is not a easy schedule by any means, even Giants and Jets are going to be improved let alone our division, Washington has Rivera as Coach now also and are trying to bring Del Rio in as DC, can't see that being very easy either if late.

Cuz it’s so telling before the draft, free agency, pre-season.....

:34853_doh:

Yes this is early, but some things are not going to change, teams on the rise are not really going to step back much but improve, we have a lot of Playoff teams on the schedule as well that fit that category, why I think it will be tough, rising and hungry and young mostly.

Home:
    Arizona Cardinals - Improving, I said at the beginning of the season when we won they are going to be spoilers by the end of the year. Guess what those that dismissed that at the time have disappeared yet b!@ch when we lost to them.

Los Angeles Rams - Have too much talent to go away, I think they have cap issues and have possibly peaked for their run till they get more draft picks again and clean the cap up.

San Francisco 49ers - They are not going away and will improve even more.

Dallas Cowboys - Mystery team, who is Coach, they have a great D line when they are healthy but are up against a Cap situation, Dallas seems to find money in couch cushions however to pay people. They are not going to be a gimme game, have the horses and we match up with them awkwardly.

Minnesota Vikings - Playoff team, don't see them rolling over, they will make some moves to be sure but will be a challenging team to play.

New England Patriots - Brady or no Brady, Cassell, Grappalo, seemed to do well there because of Belichek, McDaniel could also be gone, Bill will find another, the machine keeps turning out a challenging team.

New York Giants - This is the first team that we should really be able to take advantage of, new Coach, new systems, a QB still fresh and learning.

New York Jets - Jets have been also rans for a while but seem to have brought it together at the end of the 2019 and are playing together much better, are they good not yet but they are finally making strides in the right direction. We should be able to win going away, I say should, we know how these games play out for us.

Away:
    Arizona Cardinals - see above

Los Angeles Rams - see above

San Francisco 49ers - see above

Atlanta Falcons - Quinn realized he was trying to do too much and released control to his staff of the offense and let them do their jobs and the wins started to occur, Pete you listening? They will be a challenge especially on the road, they have a good front office so should not step back and could actually get better.

Buffalo Bills - Young, rising team, good defense, offense that getting better, finally challenging the Patriots, should improve on this year, this is going to be a tough game.

Miami Dolphins = Who knows what's going to happen in Miami, they seemed to get it together a bit and beat the Patriots, but the mess in Miami is still a mess and they have not been able to have any continuity between seasons in a long time, more firings and more change happening, at least we can work on Tans while there, we should win this one. I don't see a substantial improvement and maybe a step back again.

Philadelphia Eagles - Pederson and the front office will put this back together, they are as beat up or more so then us, tough game, we seem to have the match up advantage with them based on the last few meetings, still a tough game and I am sure outcome of this Sunday if we move forward will be a bit of an extra motivation as well.

Washington Redskins - This is going to be a problem I think, they are going to have a defense with both Rivera and Del Rio running the show, we know they will be aggressive there, it's the offense that is their question mark and who the GM is going to be, Rivera is suppose to have some control over players but hey it's Washington, the disaster that is Washington is still going on till they prove it isn't. The Field is still the biggest challenge there it seems and it will depend on when we get to play them how much so. We should win.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:33 pm
  • Ugghhhh

Playing at/on Washington's $h!t field......
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 am
  • It’s almost impossible to predict games this early based on opponents and locations only. Setting aside the obvious off season team building tools of free agency and the draft, we also don’t know when the games will be played. A season opener in Miami and a late season game in Buffalo could potentially wreak havoc on predictions. Who remembers the early season game a few years ago in San Diego and how the hot temperature virtually neutered our team? When plays almost a bigger part than where.

I don’t even seriously look at the opponents until after free agency, the draft and publication of the final schedule. Until then it’s kind of like looking at a bunch of gifts under the tree with no tags to tell you who they are for.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:48 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Ugghhhh

Hopefully we get them in October when it's still in decent shape but the heat and humidity have subsided back east. And hopefully Miami is in Nov or Dec
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Yeah, I'm honestly not looking forward to it when we have to go there in 2021. But we have to go play on Chicago's equally dog **** field again next year.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 pm
  • I read a story the other day that due to scheduling conflicts with the Sounders, the Hawks are all but guaranteed to open the 2020 regular season on the road. I’m calling it now: MIAMI (and dark jerseys).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 am
  • Keeping the fingers crossed they don't send the Hawks to London vs. Miami.
    Would love to take another trip out there, we had a blast back in 2008 out there. The fans were some of the nicest we ever met at a road game.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:35 am

Is this post based on recent information or just Seahawks games you watched 6-7 years ago?
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:39 am
  • That field in DC has been horrific for years. it's no secret. It flat out ruined RG3's career. And has injured many since......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:22 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:Ugghhhh

Is this post based on recent information or just Seahawks games you watched 6-7 years ago?

Pretty much any game you happen to catch you see holes and turf getting tossed in the air from tackles and guys running, it has been $h!t for years, hard to decide which was worse, that place or the sewer field in Oakland.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:40 pm
  • 13-3
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:51 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *