Bosworth vs. Holmgren

MO Hawk

Reaction score
So the Boz raises the 12 flag, but still Holmgren hasn't? Steve Hutchinson (traitor) raised it, Holmgren didn't? Some litle league all star baseball team raised it a while back and Holmgren didn't.

Anyone at Seahawks headquarters want to explain what is going on with that? KJR, ask Holmgren about this when he is on the show.

Boycie

Reaction score
As long as Pete is here I doubt he raises the flag. Before Pete, Holmgren had the most success, but this is Pete’s show and I don’t think they want to mess with the success from yesteryear.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2uwypkk7 said:
As long as Pete is here I doubt he raises the flag. Before Pete, Holmgren had the most success, but this is Pete’s show and I don’t think they want to mess with the success from yesteryear.

Don't see what raises the flag has to with this but sure

907Hawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1zaayzs8 said:

This checks out.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If Seattle were to make it to the NFC Championship Game and it was in Seattle, I don't see how you couldn't use Holmgren.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kobebryant":2rvqlc7z said:
Why is this framed as Bosworth vs. Holmgren?

I would assume it's because the OP found it ironic that The Boz raised the flag - someone who ultimately offered very little to the franchise other than tons of hype - before Holmgren, who was at the time the most successful coach in franchise history, leading the team to their first ever Super Bowl. I agree, it's ironic. I have no problem with The Boz raising the flag, but it's hard to ignore that it does seem a bit odd that he got to do it before one of the most successful coaches in our franchise history.

Personally, I don't think it's a snub. I think it has more to do with wanting to find the perfect time to do it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Maybe Holmgren has bee asked and does not want to??? I hope no one asks Jerramy Steven's or Hope solo combo to do it...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":9jem2gvz said:
If Seattle were to make it to the NFC Championship Game and it was in Seattle, I don't see how you couldn't use Holmgren.

I don't know if she would, but I would think this would be a time for Jody to raise the flag the same way Paul did for us.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
kidhawk":3firw0lv said:
Seahawk_Dan":3firw0lv said:

I don't know if she would, but I would think this would be a time for Jody to raise the flag the same way Paul did for us.
Jody, right, good call if Seattle were to get to the Championship in Seattle.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The team is gonna run out if notable Seahawks soon and soon it'll be Grant Feasel or something raising the flag.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There will be plenty to raise the flag..Like Angry

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1tza4tf3 said:
Seahawk_Dan":1tza4tf3 said:
The team is gonna run out if notable Seahawks soon and soon it'll be Grant Feasel or something raising the flag.

IMHO. There’s nothing wrong with recycling some.

Good point. I'm not sure many, without looking it up, would remember who has and hasn't raised the flag. On another note does anyone see Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman raising the flag someday? The other thing to consider is we probably have 2-3 each year currently playing but who will be retired soon who could be added to the flag raising pool.

I guess the reason for this post is I would love to see Holmgren honored and raising the flag would be one way to do that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Holmgren's never been one for the fluff, nonsense and window dressing of the NFL, he's old school.

I can guarantee you they've asked him to raise the flag, and he's obviously said no. There's no reason they wouldn't ask him.

Latest posts