Injury News?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I haven't seen the official report, but I'm hearing that Iupati is a gameday decision but that Clowney, Diggs and Hunt should all be good to go. Anyone got the official list yet?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":321zjete said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1213218410634579968[/tweet]

That tweet seems short some names...hopefully that means being playoffs time means people are pushing through and coming to play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As of an hour ago the only for sure outs are Brown, Kendricks and Turner.

Iupati and Jeron Brown are questionable.......everyone else is a go. It's the playoffs baby, if you can walk upright, you're playing.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
That's it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1213201802327232512[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":20kg7312 said:
That's it.

Nice...I'm pumped to see the defense again with Diggs back there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3b6cmltp said:
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/1/3/21048071/eagles-seahawks-final-injury-report-zach-ertz-miles-sanders-lane-johnson-questionable-nelson-agholor

Lists both injury reports.

It sounds like Ertz may have a chance, a far greater one than Lane.

I get that the Eagles and Ertz desperately want to play, but dude has a lacerated kidney and broken rib. C'mon man, that's not something trainers clear a guy to play with. That's serious internal injuries.

Even with a flak jacket I'd be shocked if Ertz is cleared to play Sunday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Such huge news to get Diggs back and having Clowney out there (hopefully both for the entire game)
As far as Ertz, I appreciate his toughness etc. But at some point, you're just risking way too much with those injuries he has. One big hit by Diggs and dude is going be out. Why push it? Playoffs or not, seems like a bad choice. That being said, if they actually ALLOW him to play, that's just as stupid.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
J Brown is out for the season?..I read that somewhere.
As for Ertz ..It hurt watching him try to play last week,
I bet he is out.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":zni1fdyg said:
Such huge news to get Diggs back and having Clowney out there (hopefully both for the entire game)
As far as Ertz, I appreciate his toughness etc. But at some point, you're just risking way too much with those injuries he has. One big hit by Diggs and dude is going be out. Why push it? Playoffs or not, seems like a bad choice. That being said, if they actually ALLOW him to play, that's just as stupid.

Hopefully he doesn't play if he's a reasonable risk to get seriously hurt or killed.

You've already banked $36 million dude. I get the drive but football and additional money is not worth being seriously chronically injured or dead.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":tbjvx76s said:
SoulfishHawk":tbjvx76s said:

Hopefully he doesn't play if he's a reasonable risk to get seriously hurt or killed.

You've already banked $36 million dude. I get the drive but football and additional money is not worth being seriously chronically injured or dead.

I'm hoping it's mere gamesmanship on Philly's part, similar to what happened with Kittle earlier in the season.

The former doc for the Chargers opined that Ertz can't be medically cleared: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... ffs-eagles

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1fgmiwuf said:
KitsapGuy":1fgmiwuf said:
That's it.

Nice...I'm pumped to see the defense again with Diggs back there.
You and me both :irishdrinkers:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
That's actually not as beat up as I thought. But you have to consider that you are down to your 4th string RB. Which is a big deal in of itself. But I thought for a long time off Beast Mode actually did pretty good for you. He is no Carson or Rashaad Penny (who was just starting to come on and show you what he has) at this point though. So that's a big loss in that category heading into the playoffs.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1z86hy47 said:

Having Diggs back might be enough for us to win this game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":i28ea8gs said:
SoulfishHawk":i28ea8gs said:

Having Diggs back might be enough for us to win this game.

Yep. I think fans of teams not the Seahawks may underestimate how much he lifts our defense when he’s healthy.

As for our Running game, Homer is fast and a good outside runner and in space runner. We have Lynch with Turbin as a backup to get those tougher short yards and if Turbin is needed he can get those 4 or 5 yard safety passes from Russ. I’d much rather have Carson/Penny but I think we can make do.

Offensively I’m more concerned about the LOS. Missing Iupati and Brown and Hunt having missed practices with injuries that could make for a difficult night in the passing game.

John63

Reaction score
well we are as healthy as we have been in awhile.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The injury report never tells the full story. I thought Pocic looked pretty weak in his backup efforts this month and then we only recently found out he was trying to play through a core injury that ended up sidelining him for the season. Similarly, I'm sure most of us remember the train wreck when Bobby tried to play a couple years ago immediately after the hamstring injury where he was 50% at best.

NFL playoffs are all hands on deck and we're going to play anybody we can. It would be awesome if Diggs and Clowney were 100% but the reality is that they are probably 75% at best and our game plan and expectations as fans should be set accordingly. The Eagles are dealing with the same stuff and at this point it never really matters who had the better roster on paper at the start of the year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
AgentDib FTW once again. I was wondering why Pocic was sucking. And I do remember the Bobby Wagner with a pulled hammy a couple years ago. I think one of those was the Rams game where they beat us like 150 to 3 at the Clink, and Gurley rushed for 500 yards. Yes, I'm exaggerating, but not by much, and Bobby Wagner playing with a pulled hammy was NOT pretty.

Crossing my fingers that we can get something, anything, from Phil Haynes. And hoping for more John Ursua sightings.

Jville

Reaction score
E0fc0e064d2c965d88a480copsmax6500quality80E0fc0e064d2c965d88a480dopsmax6500quality80

Excellent summary on injuries for this week's Eagles game >>> [urltargetblank]https://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/content/2020-01-03-quandre-diggs-jadeveon-clowney-cleared-to-play-against-eagles/[/urltargetblank]