The running game...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Last week...well in the 2nd half I thought they used Homer well on some creative plays to the outside avoiding the middle as much as possible. Let's face it Homer looks like he weighs a 175 lbs....running up the gut wont work. So...why the change from last week? Very good D last week and Homer did well. We need to have at least some resemblance of a run game.

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2a4r8ct0 said:
Last week...well in the 2nd half I thought they used Homer well on some creative plays to the outside avoiding the middle as much as possible. Let's face it Homer looks like he weighs a 175 lbs....running up the gut wont work. So...why the change from last week? Very good D last week and Homer did well. We need to have at least some resemblance of a run game.

Not really, outside of Wilson we had no e today, as long as we go quick passing we are fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Their D is 3rd in the league against the run, we had Hunt, Haynes and Fant or Jones in the game, we were not going to get 174 yards like last time, we had to use what we had to keep the LB's up to the line so the WR's had space and it worked, those complaining about the run game have to look at the bigger picture. To stop the pass they would have had to concede the run.

Basically they told Wilson, Lockett, Moore and DK to beat them, they did.

tersal

Reaction score
chris98251":yondtouq said:
Their D is 3rd in the league against the run, we had Hunt, Haynes and Fant or Jones in the game, we were not going to get 174 yards like last time, we had to use what we had to keep the LB's up to the line so the WR's had space and it worked, those complaining about the run game have to look at the bigger picture. To stop the pass they would have had to concede the run.

Very well put though I would have enjoyed seeing more play action on first down.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":i7m9w23f said:

I agree. It’s the one negative I am bringing out of this game. Hopefully they learned from it and get back to putting him in space. I love seeing him hit the edge at full speed. I cringe when he heads towards the line

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
chris98251":1d3umi7k said:

Great post!

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
Hope to see more check down or Wilson roll out pass to lynch . Today was small example of what marshawn can do as a receiver.. Especially liked 3rd and 1 play which in past years worked majority of the time. Russ has option to keep during planned rolled out or hit rb,te or wr moving with him

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was a pleasant surprise to see them use Marshawn in the passing game!
He made a nice catch too, almost made it look easy, when it wasn't.
SF's defense basically disregarded the pass in week 17 when Marshawn was in.
Another week of practice, we talkin bout practice, and Marshawn gets even more involved as a pass receiving option.