RW can't win without a great run game...

renofox

Reaction score
has been PC's philosophy.

Today he finally let the offense partially go away from that and it worked.

Will this game help PC be a little more open minded in future games?

Seymour

Reaction score
Carroll will NEVER change his mind IMO.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We wouldn’t have won if Russell hadn’t run great tonight!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
This year's Seahawks are more reliant on Wilson's completion percentage on potential chunk plays than I've ever seen with this team before.

The plus side is that Wilson is probably the best chunk plays QB in the NFL this year. The downside is that even with the best those are low percentage plays that are infrequent. The difference between success on four of five or two of five of those a game is just a razor thin margin.

justafan

Reaction score
renofox":340wseo3 said:

The best teams left can run the ball. It still works today. With the OL and RBS hurt he has to change.

Polk738

Reaction score
Went better than last year's WC when they couldn't run the ball, at least this time they realized they weren't going to win the game running against a brick wall and to actually let Russ take over the game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Polk738":1u7ue9lr said:
Went better than last year's WC when they couldn't run the ball, at least this time they realized they weren't going to win the game running against a brick wall and to actually let Russ take over the game.

Yes. Shotty learned from last years debacle. We passed a lot this game and only ran to essentially set up the play action shots.

Much better gameplan.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
justafan":37d9i64p said:
renofox":37d9i64p said:

The best teams left can run the ball. It still works today. With the OL and RBS hurt he has to change.

PC has consistently refused to go away from the run game (until midway through the 4th qtr) in plenty of games that resulted in a Seahawks loss. See last year's WC game.

In this game he minimized the run game beginning in Q1.

I hope this is a sign of better game planning to come.

John63

Reaction score
renofox":28t7ms3j said:
justafan":28t7ms3j said:
renofox":28t7ms3j said:

PC has consistently refused to go away from the run game (until midway through the 4th qtr) in plenty of games that resulted in a Seahawks loss. See last year's WC game.

In this game he minimized the run game beginning in Q1.

I hope this is a sign of better game planning to come.

Agreed if not for oline penalties I suspect t we score even more.

mort

Reaction score
Mad Dog":14ta9p79 said:
Yes. Shotty learned from last years debacle. We passed a lot this game and only ran to essentially set up the play action shots.

Much better gameplan.

+1 thank goodness, shotty’s not a doorknob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has always appreciated run / pass balance. That sentiment is a matter of record in his transcripts.

Excellent play calls by the offensive coordinator tonight.

But the offense might have been upstaged by the defense ................ a defense credited with 11 tackles for losses and seven sacks. And then there are all those QB hurries and hits that were not listed as official NFL statistics.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
mort":189hsk0e said:
Mad Dog":189hsk0e said:

Much better gameplan.

+1 thank goodness, shotty’s not a doorknob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plays
40 pass
17 rush

This was not Schotty. He doesn't make this radical of a gameplan - PC does.

PC actually game planned a pass first offense. Don't think I've ever seen this before.

Maybe he read all the complaints in this forum (lol) and loosened up a little.

Even PC is never too old to learn. We can only hope.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":3cpqhy5t said:
Pete Carroll has always appreciated run / pass balance. That sentiment is a matter of record in his transcripts.

But the offense might have been upstaged by the defense ................ a defense credited with 11 tackles for losses and seven sacks. And then there are all those QB hurries and hits that were not listed as official NFL statistics.
Even if nobody wants to admit it, having Diggs back, helped free up the WHOLE Defensive scheme.

Jville

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3da5y1au said:
Jville":3da5y1au said:

Even if nobody wants to admit it, having Diggs back, helped free up the WHOLE Defensive scheme.

Your absolutely right about Diggs return. Huge difference maker. They are a different team with Diggs on the field. [tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1213997391533223937[/tweet]
Huge Defensive Night :2thumbs:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3nwhp4s8 said:
This year's Seahawks are more reliant on Wilson's completion percentage on potential chunk plays than I've ever seen with this team before.

The plus side is that Wilson is probably the best chunk plays QB in the NFL this year. The downside is that even with the best those are low percentage plays that are infrequent. The difference between success on four of five or two of five of those a game is just a razor thin margin.

This year's Seahawks are actually taking more advantage of quick short throws and check downs. Not just chunk plays. 2017, and 2018 the team was more reliant on chunk plays. This year the passing game has been more expanded with short, intermediate, and deep routes. The offense took a step back when Lockett and Brown got injured

Seanhawk

Reaction score
renofox":7rmpq1kw said:
This was not Schotty. He doesn't make this radical of a gameplan - PC does.

PC actually game planned a pass first offense. Don't think I've ever seen this before.

Do you have any facts to back this up or is it just pure speculation? Don't answer. It was rhetorical.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Jville":35vb8wnw said:

I know the defense played great in the Red Zone but although they only allowed 9 points, I was upset with them the way they allowed McCown to dictate the game. Ansah got outrun by a freakin 40 year old lol. Unbelievable.

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":16roq4o0 said:
Popeyejones":16roq4o0 said:

This year's Seahawks are actually taking more advantage of quick short throws and check downs. Not just chunk plays. 2017, and 2018 the team was more reliant on chunk plays. This year the passing game has been more expanded with short, intermediate, and deep routes. The offense took a step back when Lockett and Brown got injured

Sometimes they do, sometimmes they play that old, style run at all cost throw long crap. Here is hoping whatever got into them remains, we play the tempo, quick passing game we can beat any0one, we go back to the run and throw long we will loose...alot.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":lldat37z said:
Jville":lldat37z said:

I know the defense played great in the Red Zone but although they only allowed 9 points, I was upset with them the way they allowed McCown to dictate the game. Ansah got outrun by a freakin 40 year old lol. Unbelievable.

Yeah, I posted this elsewhere, but they had seven sacks yet somehow managed to get zero pressure on McCown all day long. I think all of them were pure coverage sacks.