Is Lambeau Field Our Kryptonite?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When I first found out we were headed to Green Bay my gut reaction was, "ugh."

I thought about our history there, and outside of that awesome MNF victory on November 1st, 1999 when Holmgren came back to Green Bay for the first time, and we ended up winning in glorious fashion (and your's truly was there to witness it), we just haven't had very good experiences there.

Is it the mystique? The ghosts of Green Bay Past that haunts opponents? No idea, but I have always known Lambeau Field is no place you want to be, especially in January when the temps dip to below 35.

Then I started thinking...Wait a minute. This is the Packers team I just told a friend a week ago was the softest 13-3 team I think I have ever seen. Rodgers has been off, as has been his timing with his receivers all season long. Their offense is average, but their defense has been decent.

This is a beatable Packers team, even at home. Even in January.

While I admit, I would hardly be shocked if the Rodgers-led Packers end our season next Sunday, I can't help but wonder if there is something magical going on with Lynch coming home, talking about Unfinished Business. After all, is it that preposterous to believe a surging Vikings team could topple the 49ers? Or the Russell Wilson-led Seahawks shock the Packers? If so, we are talking about the NFC Championship being played in Century Link in two weeks.

Maybe Marshawn has known something we haven't all along.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If we lose it won’t be because of mystic things or ghosts.
It we be the same reasons we’ve lost games this year, that I won’t get into.

I’m hoping for a win, expecting a loss.
Combination of all of the injuries and winning today, I think the Hawks are playing with “house money”.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I really think the NFC is very balanced at the top and any team can win any game. Our biggest problem is keeping healthy guys in the field. We need to stay as healthy as possible because even though we are a good team at the top, as we start to use more of our depth we have a dramatic drop off. Right now we could really use the miracle of a healthy Duane Brown but when Wilson is in his game he can still win games with his elusive quickness whether it’s escaping for a pass or rushing for a first down.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
It's a very tough place to play. Especially this time of year. Who knows what the weather will be? It can be absolutely terrible this time of year. Rodgers can be very good in any game and especially at home. Nothing about it is ideal. But nobody is unbeatable. You have a chance. So go there and give it your best shot. You could win I suppose. But I think the Packers at home will be much less injured and much better than the Eagles. So it will be a lot harder. Your team can be really excellent at times too. You have a chance. All the injuries you currently have do not help. We will see.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If Seattle manages to pull off this win to advance to the NFCCG, it will arguably be a top 3 moment in Seahawks history.

Going back to the ghost of Zorn playing in a Packers uniform to Hasselbeck's "we want the ball and we're gonna score" to blowing a 14-0 first quarter lead to have Favre play out of his mind in a blizzard, we have a couple ghosts on that field.
Granted, that was a different team then, but still. It's giving me flashbacks.

And the time before last time we were there, Wilson threw 5 picks in a blowout loss.

C'mon Seahawks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fortunately, we play up to opponents. I give us a 45% chance of victory. We can totally do it, but I'm giving Green Bay the edge.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If we lose it won’t be because of mystic things or ghosts.
It we be the same reasons we’ve lost games this year, that I won’t get into.

I’m hoping for a win, expecting a loss.
Combination of all of the injuries and winning today, I think the Hawks are playing with “house money”.

niveky

Reaction score
8-1 is what we have to remember. This team has just had more pure grit and determination on enemy soil this year. They have dug deeper and played with a different intensity on the road all year long. Has it been pretty, has it been easy...no..but I feel like this team has as good of a shot as any of the teams left to make it to the superbowl.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Tough game? Sure, cold weather ? Sure.. Keep in mind the redskins held them to 20 in lambeau and almost beat them... They needed last second kicks both games against a shitty Lions team... They have Adams and a good back... That's it on offense .. Totally beatable if we punch them in the mouth and stop making stupid mistakes .

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I am hoping Russ gets a chance to say on the air, 'We want the ball and we're going to score." and then we go out and actually, you know, score to win the game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3asmcv95 said:
I am hoping Russ gets a chance to say on the air, 'We want the ball and we're going to score." and then we go out and actually, you know, score to win the game.
That would be so epic, words could hardly describe it.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
GB is 3-2 in the last 10 years in Home Playoff games.
Russell Wilson is 0-3 @ GB
Russell Wilson is 4-3 vs GB
Seattle is 0-4 @ GB in last 10 years
GB has the #19 Run D in the NFL

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Erin is probably the 2nd most "emotional" quarterback in the league behind Cam Newton. If (BIG if) our defense can get in his grill early and often, then we can totally take this game.
But, if the refs decide that poor wittle Erin is getting roughed up too badly I can see this game going south in a hurry.
This game is going to be one of those that Pete & co. will have to be laser focused on the small shit. I think we shock the world!

mort

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1tmjv8i0 said:
GB is 3-2 in the last 10 years in Home Playoff games.
Russell Wilson is 0-3 @ GB
Russell Wilson is 4-3 vs GB
Seattle is 0-4 @ GB in last 10 years
GB has the #19 Run D in the NFL

Sprinkle in some “fail mary” b roll and you can color commentate the game next week ;p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mort

Reaction score
GB is totally beatable
Go HAWKS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Bobby is going to need to take charge on defense and drill home the importance of DISCIPLINE. Refs throw a bull shit flag? No sweat. Get back to your spot and take it out on number 12. Get beat over top because of miscommunication? Don't let it happen again.
It all sounds so obvious but we cannot afford to beat ourselves, because we are already gonna have to beat; the elements, refs, crowd/atmosphere, and the Packers.
Also, Russ and Beast are gonna have to decide to take matters into their own hands at some point too if Pete/Schotty overthink and outsmart themselves. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? Russ ain't getting fired, ever.