Wilson didn't know they were playing the Pack next week?

seabowl

Reaction score
In the post game on the field interview Wilson admitted to not knowing they were going to play the Packers next week. Now likely he was so dialed into what he and the Hawks were doing that he did not even think to look but man I don't think I could have that laser focus. I guarantee that many of the Hawks knew who they were facing even before the game started but that is why Russ is who he is.

Go Hawks!!!!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5xt2wd9h said:
Yep, I guarantee he knew. But he's setting an example of focusing on the task at hand.

So you're saying he lied.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's really no way to go w/out knowing these days. I'm not calling him a liar, I think he's being a leader.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know if he was or not. I just don't care. I love the focus and it's just another subtle way to show that he concentrates on what is in front of him. Not looking forward.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I can certainly understand him not knowing, it makes no difference who or where you play next week, only if there is a next week.. Worry about the game today and the rest takes care of it's self. Lose today and it doesn't matter.
It's only the fans that get all caught up in if A and B happens, we go to C, if A gets upset, we will play J. All wasted energy in my opinion, they will prepare for the next game after today, today is the only thing that matters.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He wasn't trying to act like he was hot #### or anything, he just mentioned it casually and the interviewer pursued it. I think he just didn't want to look past the game they had to play, which would be dangerously presumptuous and distracting. That ain't who he is, he's a pro.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's clearly the leader of this team, has been for years. It's scary to thing what the record would be w/out the guy.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fv9d96d1 said:
I don't know if he was or not. I just don't care. I love the focus and it's just another subtle way to show that he concentrates on what is in front of him. Not looking forward.
How dare you question his truthfulness!!! Actually I saw a vid after the game of another player who also said he had no idea who they were facing next week so it's possible. Either way it dont matter...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I believe him. Players don't focus ahead like us fans do. It's entirely probable he wasn't even thinking about next week's potential opponents before or during the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, it's Russ, he probably really didn't know. Not that it matters even a little bit.
But his focus is next level, so it's actually likely. All I know is he knew how to tear out the hearts of the Eagles.....again.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
With the first going into OT so not ending until well into warm-ups, I can see some players getting into focus mode and not knowing. Especially these days when so many guys have headphones on (like Russ does) so you may not even catch any teammate talk.
That last 30 min those guys are probably locked into the job at hand so I don't find it unlikely that people weren't concerned about how the first game ended.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Aros":395wzbmq said:
Honestly I believe him. Players don't focus ahead like us fans do. It's entirely probable he wasn't even thinking about next week's potential opponents before or during the game.
This is the reality. Fans way overestimate how much players care who or where they play. They don't care and they really don't care in the playoffs as long as they are still in it. They are nowhere near us fans in that category. Most of them don't even care enough to know who's next on the schedule during the regular season most of the time and that is set in stone for months before they even start.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Aros":3rdxwsw2 said:
This is the reality. Fans way overestimate how much players care who or where they play. They don't care and they really don't care in the playoffs as long as they are still in it. They are nowhere near us fans in that category. Most of them don't even care enough to know who's next on the schedule during the regular season most of the time and that is set in stone for months before they even start.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2nzzehez said:
There's really no way to go w/out knowing these days. I'm not calling him a liar, I think he's being a leader.
So.. We have a lying leader? :lol: :sarcasm_on:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, Russ is so locked in, he probably didn't know. It doesn't even sort of matter. No reason to not believe him at this point. He won the game and is about to win another :lol:
Plus, everyone knows I'm one of the biggest Russ fans. Not that it hasn't been thrown in my face about 133 times. And that's ok :irishdrinkers:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
We'll never know if he was aware of the Vikings game -- and it doesn't matter. Don't you have anything better to think about?