Hard count by Erin

seabowl

Reaction score
Clowney and the rest of the DL better be prepared for a plethora of hard counts by Rodgers as he has really hurt us in the past with this. Also if we play the base D/zone with little pressure on him he will likely pick the D apart with wide open receivers like we've seen against us much of the year. IMO our D scheme is the key to the game.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I don't think Clowney's gonna be good with the no pressure thing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Not having Michael "Offsides" Bennett will cut the potential down exponentially :)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I say if he gets us on one of those our D Line goes all out and crushes him even if it draws a roughing the passer. Make him pay. What is 10 yards, you know they are already getting 5 amd a 1st down but a big hit could change the rest of the game

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3891x37y said:
I say if he gets us on one of those or D Line goes all or and crushes him even id it draws a roughing thr passer. Make him pay. What is 10 yards, you know they are already getting the FD but a big hit could change the rest of the game

I heard someone say, can't remember where, if somebody jumps offsides don't try and get back. Make a beeline for Rodgers.

I concur.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Erin Andrews is covering this game so this thread title really confused me.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2puu6n5r said:
I say if he gets us on one of those our D Line goes all out and crushes him even if it draws a roughing the passer. Make him pay. What is 10 yards, you know they are already getting 5 amd a 1st down but a big hit could change the rest of the game

That’s where defenses screw up. They stop playing on the “free play.” Just go all out and get the unabated to the QB whistle. Saves a huge downfield completion.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Reaneypark":fzdvihd7 said:
Wenhawk":fzdvihd7 said:

That’s where defenses screw up. They stop playing on the “free play.” Just go all out and get the unabated to the QB whistle. Saves a huge downfield completion.

The refs give Erin the free play seemingly more than any other QB in history, so hopefully the defense will be ready for it and play all the way through.

James in PA

Reaction score
With Erin, it’s always a “free play. “. Rest of the league? Refs stop the play nearly every time. Infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
James in PA":2vy17xxo said:
With Erin, it’s always a “free play. “. Rest of the league? Refs stop the play nearly every time. Infuriating.

That's part of the strategy. The defender has to be "unabated to the QB" for the ref to blow the play dead. If they pull up, the "free play" goes on. Get past the O-line and they're supposed to blow the whistle before he can get the ball off.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
No whistle, no foul?
I got called for a late hit one time when the whistle had not been blown and the runner wasn't yet down. Seems kind of an arbitrary thing to me where defense is in a position of being forced into a penalty.
Rodgers is adept at exploiting any opportunity for advantage.

Seymour

Reaction score
Come on man!!

It is Aaron or Lord Rodgers

2019_06_11_Aaron_Rodgers_Announcement_Twitter_And_Web_v1.jpg

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I've never understood pulling up on a defensive offsides. Too often it leads to the free, big play.

Maybe 1 time in 10, the defense gets back onside before the snap.

If I'm the D-line coach, I'm telling my guys,

"Once you start moving, keep moving until the whistle. Even if they are giving the opposing QB the free play, I want you on him ASAP, so he can't turn the free play into a big play. Hit that Mofo so he, and the refs, think twice about trying for/ allowing the free play. "

Boycie

Reaction score
Smellyman":3czq95dn said:
Wenhawk":3czq95dn said:
I say if he gets us on one of those or D Line goes all or and crushes him even id it draws a roughing thr passer. Make him pay. What is 10 yards, you know they are already getting the FD but a big hit could change the rest of the game

I heard someone say, can't remember where, if somebody jumps offsides don't try and get back. Make a beeline for Rodgers.

I concur.

This I like!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Reaneypark":17std3eh said:
Wenhawk":17std3eh said:

This.

The mistake other defense make is they pull back and give the free play.............and I'm sure this is what's being coached this week. If you jump, just keep running at Rodgers.

They can have the free play, but Aaron's gonna get hit in the process. Or the refs will stop it.

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe we get lucky & they wont call the obvious offsides like the Eagles game and Erin thinking its a free play gives up a nice INT to Diggs. :)

James in PA

Reaction score
rcaido":10j128b1 said:
Maybe we get lucky & they wont call the obvious offsides like the Eagles game and Erin thinking its a free play gives up a nice INT to Diggs. :)
That play pissed me off so much that I almost started a thread about it. It sure looked like Russ thought he had a free play. But nope, no flag and an incomplete pass. And here comes the punter. It was so clear and obvious. Such incompetence.

chrispy

Reaction score
Brady Henderson
ESPN
Bobby Wagner called Aaron Rodgers a "master of the craft" when it comes to drawing defenders offsides with his hard count. He said the Seahawks have to be conscious of that as well as Rodgers' tendency to catch defenses off guard by quick-snapping the ball while they're substituting. He got the Seahawks on one such play in the 2017 opener with a touchdown pass to Jordy Nelson. "We have to make sure we don't get hurt by those little things," Wagner said, "little details that he can beat you on."