Horrible refs, horrible coaching and still almost won

mikeak

Reaction score
They fought their hearts out but just to much to overcome

Been tired off the first half coaching for a few years though....

Also let's not forget how close we were considering our injuries.

Excited about next year

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hate to blame officiating, but man that was a very poorly officiated ball game.

Just goes to show how costly the last two weeks of the regular season was

knownone

Reaction score
That's the same official who gifted the Packers a win against the Lions earlier this year. We didn't deserve to win this game based on how we played in the first half, but the referees played a massive role in the outcome of the game.

ducks41468

Reaction score
mistaowen":20s1uyuc said:

Pretty much. Appalling defensive display, couldn't get a key stop to save their lives. The running backs had 46 yards on 17 carries. The coaches were as usual asleep at the wheel for most of the game, as they have been for years and years and years and simply never learn their lesson. It's a miracle we made it as far as we did. Geno Smith probably makes us a 2 or 3 win team

kidhawk

Reaction score
Truly plenty of blame to go around. This was a tough one because I believe in Russ for a last minute TD but we will never know.

Another early off season. We played with a lot of heart but not enough depth to get past the injuries.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Huge bummer losing to the team with the ugliest, most racist fanbase in football. I'll be rooting for the niners.

cymatica

Reaction score
The decision to punt at the end was the nail in the coffin. Wilson was balling and I guarantee he would have willed a 1st down. But no, let's rely on a bottom feeding defense against one of the best QBs. No excuse for punting there.

12thbrah

Reaction score
We lost all the 50/50 calls. Its like the refs just assumed Green Bay converted on that 3rd down

evergreen

Reaction score
Yeah it was like a white flag. If you don’t get it maybe only give up a field goal. It would be nice to have an average defense.

cheese22

Reaction score
The last 1st down was horrible spotting. The top of Graham's head landed on the yellow line which means the ball had to be short. The side ref marked the ball 2 football lengths beyond the yellow line. Pathetic!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":3gsru673 said:
The decision to punt at the end was the nail in the coffin. Wilson was balling and I guarantee he would have willed a 1st down. But no, let's rely on a bottom feeding defense against one of the best QBs. No excuse for punting there.

It would've been 4th and 11.
The bigger issue was the 3rd down playcall. They called a similar trips wide formation on the 2 point conversion. They called it again on 3rd down and same result.
They needed to be moving the pocket for Wilson. I blame Schotty and Norton equal for this loss. Very poor gameplanning all year

John63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2vhrh31l said:
I hate to blame officiating, but man that was a very poorly officiated ball game.

Just goes to show how costly the last two weeks of the regular season was

When you play close games and dont bother for a while half you open the door for the officiating to decide the games.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Little Jimmy was at least one yard short he slide one yard past the line to gain and the side judge gave him one extra yard .... and some how that play only three angles and one 50 yards away with the worse camera ever and ground level the nfl makes billions a year and that’s the best cameras they can get my cell phone takes better video... refs gave them that game for sure gotta go 49ers vs Packers for ratings I guess can’t beat the Packers and their 12th man (refs ) no team can.... o well on to next year ..... :cry:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
cheese22":29fpul8q said:
The last 1st down was horrible spotting. The top of Graham's head landed on the yellow line which means the ball had to be short. The side ref marked the ball 2 football lengths beyond the yellow line. Pathetic!

Same junk on the Aaron Jones TD too. Helmet crossed the line to gain, but not the ball.

Its like the ghost of Testeverde is after us

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
cheese22":2uelxvdp said:

He was short BUT the yellow line was significantly ahead of the markers on the ground

Holding calls, lack of holding, bad facemask call etc was a lot more disturbing to me

And run, run, run up the middle for a 3 and out???

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
cymatica":3jcli2bc said:

Agreed. When they called the punter out I told my wife, "That's the game". They had converted nearly every chance they had, so we give them another.And they did. Twice.
All things considered our guys put together a pretty darn good season. Here's hoping we can improve our weaknesses and be better next year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":1fywtfqr said:
Little Jimmy was at least one yard short he slide one yard past the line to gain and the side judge gave him one extra yard .... and some how that play only three angles and one 50 yards away with the worse camera ever and ground level the nfl makes billions a year and that’s the best cameras they can get my cell phone takes better video... refs gave them that game for sure gotta go 49ers vs Packers for ratings I guess can’t beat the Packers and their 12th man (refs ) no team can.... o well on to next year ..... :cry:

The funny thing is that we took the Packers ( at home) all the way to the end , as banged up as we were and against the referees as well. That doesn't bode well for state Farm boy
:lol:

knownone

Reaction score
Jerhawk":39feha7j said:
cheese22":39feha7j said:

Same junk on the Aaron Jones TD too. Helmet crossed the line to gain, but not the ball.

Its like the ghost of Testeverde is after us
That play blew my mind. I would have been fine if they said the play stands because you couldn't see anything, but they confirmed it. There is not a single angle where you see the ball clearly cross the line.