Im ready for a coaching change

Crizilla

Reaction score
Why does Pete come out and say yeah we are going to use lynch more? Giving GB the entire game plan. Then they wait until the 4th quarter to start actually using Wilson who they made the highest paid QB in the league. I'm sorry but I think it's time to move on. There's no debating this one. This is the 2nd straight year in which the coaches threw this game away by waiting way way way too late to start using Wilson. Plus they have yet to figure out how to defend modern offenses. Stats back it up this is the worst defense under Pete since 2010. It's time to move on it really is. The Seahawks may have been the only team in the league to let Adams catch every single pass thrown to him without a Seahawk being 5 yards in his range. Unreal I couldn't believe what I was watching.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Love Pete, but last few years Seattle either squeaks into the playoffs to get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round, or miss entirely the way they did a few years back when they finished 9-7. It might be time, to look into an offense minded coach. Look what reid has mahomes doing

kmeleon

Reaction score
8/10 years he's made the playoffs. Wish for whatever you want but he's not going anywhere.

He frustrates me as well but do you really want to take a chance on going back to mediocrity at best? No thanks, I'll ride with Carroll as long as he keeps making the playoffs and wants to coach. Don't forget, they're rebuilding. We need some o-line players, maybe a WR in the draft or FA and a bit more of an overhaul on the D and we're SB contenders next year.

evergreen

Reaction score
He thinks he had the2012 defense. It’s more like 2009 defense. Average defense and we win. Plus got to sign Brit now. Hunt is only back up. Lose the strength and conditioning coach.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Those who want to fire Pete need to root for another team. Pete is not without flaws but he is one of the top 3-5 coaches in the league. People need to get out of Madden and fantasy football and try to understand the real world.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Running straight the middle didn’t work with Lynch, and yet they kept running him up the middle. They were having some success with Homer in previous games, why didn’t they play Homer more instead of Lynch?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Crizilla":t6l1ady7 said:
Why does Pete come out and say yeah we are going to use lynch more? Giving GB the entire game plan. Then they wait until the 4th quarter to start actually using Wilson who they made the highest paid QB in the league. I'm sorry but I think it's time to move on. There's no debating this one. This is the 2nd straight year in which the coaches threw this game away by waiting way way way too late to start using Wilson. Plus they have yet to figure out how to defend modern offenses. Stats back it up this is the worst defense under Pete since 2010. It's time to move on it really is. The Seahawks may have been the only team in the league to let Adams catch every single pass thrown to him without a Seahawk being 5 yards in his range. Unreal I couldn't believe what I was watching.

Tough to take anybody seriously that makes a statement like that.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is excellent. You just had a lot of injuries this year. You will be fine. You are well coached.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SlickRick":qgxyj6rr said:
Love Pete, but last few years Seattle either squeaks into the playoffs to get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round, or miss entirely the way they did a few years back when they finished 9-7. It might be time, to look into an offense minded coach. Look what reid has mahomes doing

Pete deserves criticism, but this isnt it.

Getting to and winning playoff games in the NFL is hard. You don't dismiss seasons ending in "only the divisional round" unless you are a Patriot fan or you are super young and inexperienced with how things work.

Pete has been successful here. I want him to be better at some aspects of his job. But he has been successful.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Considering how long we kept Bevell and Cable I would say there is a 0% chance we change coordinators.

John63

Reaction score
Crizilla":3vvw5z3r said:

YUP

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm ready for a change too. Its not going to get any better as long as Pete is still here. Precious time is being wasted with Russ and this offense. Making the playoffs is nice but whats the point if you never get any further than the 1st round? Any offensive minded coach will do. Even if it doesnt work out, its worth the shot at this point.

Rat

Reaction score
It cannot be debated that Pete's Seahawks tenure has been beyond amazing. We are very, very fortunate that he was hired. Even the biggest homers couldn't have imagined it going this well. Whoever eventually replaces him: wow, how intimidating is THAT going to be?

That all being said, I don't fault those who don't believe his current version will maximize the roster we have and lead this team to another championship. I think there's good reason to think that the changes needed to get back to that level are unlikely to happen under his watch.

I wouldn't fire him, but if he suddenly decided to retire and told me in private before announcing it, I'd probably do that whole "Oh no, Pete! Are you sure?" thing where I don't change the inflection of my voice.

Just because something is the best for a time, doesn't mean it will remain the best in perpetuity. Perhaps it's time to move on.

John63

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":nu17gl1q said:
Those who want to fire Pete need to root for another team. Pete is not without flaws but he is one of the top 3-5 coaches in the league. People need to get out of Madden and fantasy football and try to understand the real world.

Ahh why root for another team? I am a seahawks fan, I dont have to e a PC fan. I think PC is a liability right now. Guess what as a fan I have the right to say it and to say to fire him. Its because i.ama Seahakws fan I can and should say it because I want what's best for the TEAM.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
John63":1xjnfhg0 said:
Year of The Hawk":1xjnfhg0 said:

Ahh why root for another team? I am a seahawks fan, I dont have to e a PC fan. I think PC is a liability right now. Guess what as a fan I have the right to say it and to say to fire him. Its because i.ama Seahakws fan I can and should say it because I want what's best for the TEAM.

Because anyone who wants Pete fired knows nothing about football. Pete is not without fault but to want to fire him.... Sheeesh. Yes you can say whatever you want. Freedom of speech is freedom to let the world know how little you know.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
All young offensive minded coaches, some being rookie head coaches, in that order, took down Pete Caroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 16 loss to Cardinals
Week 17 loss to 49ers
Divisional Playoff loss to Packers

Really makes you think.

chris98251

Reaction score
Crizilla":1h0yrzz1 said:
All young offensive minded coaches, some being rookie head coaches, in that order, took down Pete Caroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 17 loss to 49ers

Really makes you think.

Makes you think we need a good Nickel to replace Coleman so we are not in a base defense so much, Diggs fixes our over the top problem, all those teams listed use a heavy pass system with speed receivers mostly.

getnasty

Reaction score
Crizilla":2u1an72o said:

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 17 loss to 49ers

Really makes you think.

Rams and Cardinals missed the playoffs so whatever there
Packer and Niners are far more talented and barely won so not sure what the point is.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
getnasty":1vu18p6l said:
Crizilla":1vu18p6l said:

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 17 loss to 49ers

Really makes you think.

Rams and Cardinals missed the playoffs so whatever there
Packer and Niners are far more talented and barely won so not sure what the point is.

So? That Cardinals lost cost the team the 1 seed basically. Seahawks coaching staff blew it at the end. Not hard to see that.