First offseason move- Fire Norton

James in PA

Reaction score
I really wish they would. I have not been impressed at all with Norton as a DC. I doubt Pete will do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Reaction score
I agree.

Been an issue all year. We have the personnel but the system has been awful; the most concerning thing is lack of changing too or adaption.

quadsas

Reaction score
You can't fix Tre Flowers not knowing how to tackle or to cover

w00t

Reaction score
I can’t believe no one is talking about that garbage player aka Delano Hill. When he was in we gave up back to back 3rd and long.

kmeleon

Reaction score
John63":1sj16eo6 said:
kmedic":1sj16eo6 said:
Enough said.

It will not matter he is doing what PC wants.

+1. Bend don't break is the motto, unfortunately he just doesn't have the players yet on D to only bend a good portion of the time. We'll get there. I do like how we blitzed a bit in the 2nd half, I'd like to see that continue next year.

John63

Reaction score
kmeleon":2r9qyy77 said:
John63":2r9qyy77 said:
kmedic":2r9qyy77 said:
Enough said.

+1. Bend don't break is the motto, unfortunately he just doesn't have the players yet on D to only bend a good portion of the time. We'll get there. I do like how we blitzed a bit in the 2nd half, I'd like to see that continue next year.

The problem is it may take to long and then we will need a new QB.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
John63":19tjz3ti said:
kmedic":19tjz3ti said:
Enough said.

Please, it does matter. We have never had such a poor defense in the Pete Carrol era. Norton is not a D coordinator. Let him coach the linebackers thats fine with me but get someone else to run the D.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Good LB coach, and clearly has the respect of that room, but dear God the defense has been painful to watch this season.

I wouldn’t be upset if he was fired.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I'm not enough of an x's and o's guy to intelligently comment on scheme, but with some of the talent gaps we had at times this year on defense, I'm just wondering if its fair to lay all of the blame on Norton.

The defense wasnt good this year. Just wondering how much of that was actually his fault.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hire some new scouts also. Our draft has been sub par for years. Imagine if we had hit on the first round draft picks? Maybe we would have an actual pass rush, and DBs who could cover.

John63

Reaction score
Natethegreat":6sitnlci said:
John63":6sitnlci said:
kmedic":6sitnlci said:
Enough said.

Please, it does matter. We have never had such a poor defense in the Pete Carrol era. Norton is not a D coordinator. Let him coach the linebackers thats fine with me but get someone else to run the D.

Yeah we have never tried to run the PC defense with this many young guys and injuries. But in the end this is PCs defenae, so changing the DC will not change the defense

John63

Reaction score
CPHawk":4xnev9w2 said:
Hire some new scouts also. Our draft has been sub par for years. Imagine if we had hit on the first round draft picks? Maybe we would have an actual pass rush, and DBs who could cover.

Everything you just mentioned is PCs job.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
John63":836q2h8y said:
Natethegreat":836q2h8y said:
John63":836q2h8y said:
kmedic":836q2h8y said:
Enough said.

Yeah we have never tried to run the PC defense with this many young guys and injuries. But in the end this is PCs defenae, so changing the DC will not change the defense
You act like Pete doesn't let his coaches coach. He gives general direction and certainly has input but to say the D coordinator has no say, input, or influence on the team is silly.
There is a reason 2 D coordinators from this team where hired by others teams as head coaches. Its because they were good at their jobs. Norton is not good at his job. Hence why no one will be looking to hire him should he be fired from his position.

Polk738

Reaction score
Can anyone even explain what Delayno Hill was even doing on the field on the last two plays?