I still can't believe what I just saw

Crizilla

Reaction score
not letting the highest paid QB in the league take over the game until way late in the game. Same thing with the Dallas playoff game last year. Pete's philosophy only works with a good enough defense. I'm absolutely shocked that the coaching staff screwed this up for the 2nd straight year. If the Seahawks would have played the entire game like they played in the 4th quarter, they would have put up 30+ points. This loss all on the coaching staff. I'm done.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Are you excited for the trade downs and then the reach?

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pete is trash against younger coaches. Shanahan, McVay, and now LaFluer. All much younger guys who have a feel of the game today. Pete got his ass handed to him by a rookie head coach. Wow.

Polk738

Reaction score
I don't understand how they can be so un-creative in the running game-3 straight hand offs to Lynch up the middle that went no where, no crack toss to Homer on the outside? No screens to Lynch, such boring conservative play calling.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Crizilla":2kmxvd5t said:
not letting the highest paid QB in the league take over the game until way late in the game. Same thing with the Dallas playoff game last year. Pete's philosophy only works with a good enough defense. I'm absolutely shocked that the coaching staff screwed this up for the 2nd straight year. If the Seahawks would have played the entire game like they played in the 4th quarter, they would have put up 30+ points. This loss all on the coaching staff. I'm done.

Second straight year? happened in Atlanta in 2013, then again in Carolina in 2015. This has happened multiple times already. Last year in Dallas, we never really bounced back in that game. The games i mentioned ring more similar to tonight in my opinion. Insurmountable leads. GIVE THE QB THE ******* BALL TO RUN WITH IT!!

mrblitz

Reaction score
on defense, can they find a way to take 17 out of the game? adams was running free 'most of the time'...

on offense, homer should be involved earlier.

basically though, they need to start winning the 1st half of games. whatever it takes...

knownone

Reaction score
To be fair, they tried to let Russ take over the game mid way through the 2nd quarter, and our line just couldn't give him time. It would have been nice if they had a sense of urgency earlier in the game, but I don't think this was in the same stratosphere as that Cowboys game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TBH I sdon't think we gameplay very well. We see what the opponents are doing and react. That's why it takes some time to get going.

I wish we'd come in with a gameplan the opponents couldn't read a mile away.

Threedee

Reaction score
seahawksny":2u8122bv said:
Crizilla":2u8122bv said:

Second straight year? happened in Atlanta in 2013, then again in Carolina in 2015. This has happened multiple times already. Last year in Dallas, we never really bounced back in that game. The games i mentioned ring more similar to tonight in my opinion. Insurmountable leads. GIVE THE QB THE ******* BALL TO RUN WITH IT!!

Come to think of it, tonight's game was much more competently coached than the Dallas game was. More progress!!

John63

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2pp2wk0v said:
TBH I sdon't think we gameplay very well. We see what the opponents are doing and react. That's why it takes some time to get going.

I wish we'd come in with a gameplan the opponents couldn't read a mile away.

PC has said they use the first half to see what the defens eis doing.

s to game planning what game plan, lets test the defense and see what they are doing for a half and then say Wilson go win the game. Not much of a plan.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Crizilla":1k61qi19 said:
It must suck to be a poor loser.... but you have a lot of company in here, lots of know-it-all armchair QB's who know more than the coaches...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
quadsas":36qutkem said:
MontanaHawk05":36qutkem said:
Pass first fetishist.

more like using our best player the way he should be used fetishist

And what would you do when we abandoned the run entirely and all of a sudden defenses simply shift back entirely into coverage since they don't have to guard the run?

What would you do when pass-first...just yielded the same result?

Or when Russell Wilson throws a pick?

quadsas

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":35gccaws said:
quadsas":35gccaws said:
MontanaHawk05":35gccaws said:
Pass first fetishist.

And what would you do when we abandoned the run entirely and all of a sudden defenses simply shift back entirely into coverage since they don't have to guard the run?

You tell me what happened in the 2nd half

CPHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2lxg1vzl said:
quadsas":2lxg1vzl said:
MontanaHawk05":2lxg1vzl said:
Pass first fetishist.

Let's be honest, GB didn't have to do anything special to stop Marshawn. Why run him so much? He wasn't going further than 2-3 yards.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":324ngusc said:
quadsas":324ngusc said:
MontanaHawk05":324ngusc said:
Pass first fetishist.

No, you don't abandon the run but you would think you could call something other than dives up the middle. You don't think you could throw in a draw, toss, jet sweep, or a screen?