When will we hold Pete accountable for

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Conservative first halves?

They are indefensible. We have Russell mother-freaking Wilson. Judge him by the 2nd halves only for his career and he's the greatest QB to ever live.

Pete Carroll stubbornly insists on conservative, bland, highly predictable offensive game plans for the first halves of games and that ONLY works effectively if we have a truly great defense or we're playing a really bad defense.

To those that want to blame tonight on the injuries...then how the hell do we perform infinitely better in the second half of virtually every game?

Also, in case anybody laughingly thought this isn't a common theme; in the last few divisional playoff games alone, notice a theme?

YOU CAN'T PISS AWAY THE FIRST HALF OF EVERY GAME AND EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST QUALITY OPPONENTS!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/1216553470355918849[/tweet]

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11i5bygn said:

They are indefensible. We have Russell mother-freaking Wilson. Judge him by the 2nd halves only for his career and he's the greatest QB to ever live.

Pete Carroll stubbornly insists on conservative, bland, highly predictable offensive game plays for the first halves of games and that ONLY works effectively if we have a truly great defense or we're playing a really bad defense.

To those that want to blame tonight on the injuries...then how the hell do we perform infinitely better in the second half of virtually every game?

Also, in case anybody laughingly thought this isn't a common theme; in the ljast few divisional playoff games alone, notice a theme?

YOU CAN'T PISS AWAY THE FIRST HALF OF EVERY GAME AND EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST QUALITY OPPONENTS!

Give it up, Roland, nothing we can do about it.

Pete’s not gonna change.

And he isn’t getting fired or retiring this off-season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
This philosophy only works when you can actually run the ball and have a good enough defense. SEAHAWKS DONT HAVE EITHER AND YET THEY STILL WENT WITH THIS CRAPPY GAME PLAN. I'm still in disbelief.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Never. "But we won 11 games" (ignoring that Wilson separates us from a 3 win team)

Optimus25

Reaction score
It's so atrocious my forty niner best friend wrote me at half asking why the hell we aren't getting Russ mobile.

I said we will in the second half and oh yeah, we came with a score to open the half by doing so...

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This has been the most frustrating thing about the Hawks We all know if we turned it on for 4 quarters we beat anybody

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16bdy53m said:

Pete Carroll stubbornly insists on conservative, bland, highly predictable offensive game plays for the first halves of games and that ONLY works effectively if we have a truly great defense or we're playing a really bad defense.

Also, in case anybody laughingly thought this isn't a common theme; in the last few divisional playoff games alone, notice a theme?

Bing, we have a winner.

John63

Reaction score
ducks41468":3irbtucf said:
Never. "But we won 11 games" (ignoring that Wilson separates us from a 3 win team)

Abd yet we handcuff him for half a game.

hawk45

Reaction score
But but injuries.

Never mind that the same exact roster played actual football for an entire half.

Pete is still our best chance but his head is far Derek up his rear end with respect to coaching for an entire game and coaching his players to play an entire game.

John63

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3orhxd2l said:
When will you give him credit for the victories?

We have many many times. That's why I have not put any blame on PC till this year buy since 2014 it's been the same and that is on PC.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3fj4xxq8 said:

When he shows can win games consistently without Wilson as his QB

ducks41468

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3ts3bqfd said:
This has been the most frustrating thing about the Hawks We all know if we turned it on for 4 quarters we beat anybody

Exactly, we lose games following the exact same pattern every year, and still nothing changes.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The only reason Pete is still coaching is because he has Russell Wilson. Thats how I know Russ is being wasted.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2plqwkuc said:
How is this even relevant? Are you going to try and claim that we don't just shoot ourselves in the foot in the first half of nearly every game, on purpose?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ducks41468":2s5x7dgg said:
hawkfannj":2s5x7dgg said:

Exactly, we lose games following the exact same pattern every year, and still nothing changes.

And nearly every year Seattle is in the playoffs, competing for a chance at the SuperBowl.

The last two years, they have been competing for a Super Bowl with a roster that isnt nearly as talented as the teams they are playing in Janurary.

That is due to Russ. That is due to JS trying to due magical tricks with this roster. And it is due to the positive parts of Pete's culture as a coach.

I understand the frustration. Maybe Seattle would be better off with a 33 year old McVay clone.

But what if they arent? Double digit wins, playoff wins...nearly every year. Thats what we have now. Be careful what you wish for.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Optimus25":2upvgiun said:
It's so atrocious my forty niner best friend wrote me at half asking why the hell we aren't getting Russ mobile.

I said we will in the second half and oh yeah, we came with a score to open the half by doing so...
A friend of my in Philly (lifelong Eagles fan) asked nearly the same thing, he asked why we don't unleash Wilson to start games more.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I wish Pete would go the Belichick route and let Russell/OC run the offense so he can focus on the D. No one argues having a solid run game is absolutely an important metric for success, the top teams left all run the ball well, but there has to be an adjustment to how we do it. Pete wants to control the clock with a punishing power run scheme, hit some deep play action, and win the field position game. This worked when 1) we had a mauling power run OL 2) Marshawn in his prime 3) one of the best defenses of all time 4) a young Russ who burned teams with read option. We have the tools and the QB to run an uptempo pass > run style in a league that has teams consistently throwing for 300+ yards a game without challenge, why handicap ourselves? Can you imagine Russell's numbers if they employed the second half offense all 4 quarters every week instead of WE HAVE TO ESTABLISH THE RUN AND TAKE A COUPLE DEEP SHOTS.

Why trot out the same awful offensive approach every week and find themselves down by 1-2 TD's at half with like ~60 total yards? It just doesn't make sense. Many of our wins this year came entirely on the back of Russell Wilson and his second half heroics, have Geno Smith out there and this team is likely fighting for a top pick.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3qx2oiso said:
ducks41468":3qx2oiso said:
hawkfannj":3qx2oiso said:

And nearly every year Seattle is in the playoffs, competing for a chance at the SuperBowl.

The last two years, they have been competing for a Super Bowl with a roster that isnt nearly as talented as the teams they are playing in Janurary.

That is due to Russ. That is due to JS trying to due magical tricks with this roster. And it is due to the positive parts of Pete's culture as a coach.

I understand the frustration. Maybe Seattle would be better off with a 33 year old McVay clone.

But what if they arent? Double digit wins, playoff success...nearly every year. Thats what we have now. Be careful what you wish for.

Ahh so you say forget the SB be happy with just making the playoffs and being 1 and done despite we could be more. Hmm we have not been a serious contender since 2014. With a tweak in philosophy we could have been every year. But you want us to be content. You like what ifs, what if we game planned to win for 4 it's and win the SB I stead of 2 it's and 1 and done.