The Jimmy "1st down"

seabowl

Reaction score
It looked obvious he did not make the first if only the helmet was barely touching the official unofficial 1st down line. With that said I think the only problem for the refs was where do you place the ball?

Would have been interesting if they said he was short. Next play would probably have been an Erin keeper but you know we would have crowded the line. What could have been.

:?:

flmmkrz

Reaction score
IMG 20200112 WA0005You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
flmmkrz":27p9ldt4 said:
You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down
I said I the game day boards we would not get any calls.

When you like to play games like this, leaving it to officials is gonna burn you sooner than later.

It just so happens to be during a win or go home game.

What can you do?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":38o2ezjz said:
flmmkrz":38o2ezjz said:
You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down
I said I the game day boards we would not get any calls.

When you like to play games like this, leaving it to officials is gonna burn you sooner than later.

It just so happens to be during a win or go home game.

What can you do?

this is the problem, when you want to play each game with that fine a line between wins and losses, you will get burnt by it and usually at the worst possible time. You can't do shit. Love Pete but he just won't ever play a style that allows for anything else.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hard to complain about that call when we luck out with the Hollister fumble early but still sucks.

zhawk

Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll quickly change the rules to fix those issues

253hawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":3j154zwl said:
flmmkrz":3j154zwl said:
View attachment 1You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down

Yellow line is for TV only

That's the unofficial marker for the visiting side/fans/TV viewers. They are eyeballed off of the official markers, 160' away on the home team sideline...which is where the yellow line is drawn from as well. The chances of those markers being less accurate than the yellow line are pretty good.

Nice try, though.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Close play for sure, but to me there unfortunately didn't seem to be sufficient video evidence to overturn the call made on the field.

Agreed with the sentiment that, boy does it suck that Jimmy Graham turned out to be the nail in Hawks' collective coffin this season...

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Gotta admit I was furiously convinced Hollister had fumbled AGAIN. I was screaming for Russ to get that ball snapped before they could change it. But that wasn't the only questionable call on the night. In fact, for an 'all star' crew I thought the refs were pretty sad.
In Hollister's defense I will point out that after that play it was plain to see he was FOCUSED on ball security above all. So that's a good thing going forward. I think he's a great asset in the making.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Somos doces":36irmgae said:
Close play for sure, but to me there unfortunately didn't seem to be sufficient video evidence to overturn the call made on the field.

Agreed with the sentiment that, boy does it suck that Jimmy Graham turned out to be the nail in Hawks' collective coffin this season...

The helmet touching down on the first down line with the ball clearly tucked in his chest could have been enough if so desired.

Washington49er

Reaction score
253hawk":28awq5dy said:
Washington49er":28awq5dy said:
flmmkrz":28awq5dy said:
View attachment 1You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down

That's the unofficial marker for the visiting side/fans/TV viewers. They are eyeballed off of the official markers, 160' away on the home team sideline...which is where the yellow line is drawn from as well. The chances of those markers being less accurate than the yellow line are pretty good.

Nice try, though.

This caused the loss? How about maybe your coach plays 4 qtrs instead of 2.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Washington49er":y1dfncxb said:
253hawk":y1dfncxb said:
Washington49er":y1dfncxb said:
flmmkrz":y1dfncxb said:

Nice try, though.

I don't think anyone is disputing that we played an incomplete game and that was the main reason for the loss but when you get close anyway and a bad call takes away your last gasp, it sucks. Bottom line it shouldn't have come down to this but it did.

253hawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":1kyemqba said:

Where did I say it caused the loss? Please show me. Yet another piss poor 1st half caused the loss.

But, it'd have been nice to have at least had the opportunity to make a stop, get the ball back, and the opportunity to drive down and win the game. And not relieve Vinny Testaverde's bullshit helmet all over again.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Washington49er":1lfxlnn6 said:
253hawk":1lfxlnn6 said:
Washington49er":1lfxlnn6 said:
flmmkrz":1lfxlnn6 said:

Nice try, though.

You are better than this. Cmon

jeremiah

Reaction score
Washington49er":2vw8kpu2 said:
flmmkrz":2vw8kpu2 said:

That was not the chain side marker, that pole was also an estimation of the position on the actual chains. He was short, his helmet dug into the grass before the line to gain. With that said, I hate instant replay. It is ruining the game, the outright charm of a game that accepts mistakes by all but tries to get it right.

stack55

Reaction score
The drop by Turner on the 3rd down killed us and the
Decision to punt with 2 minutes left didn’t help either.
We didn’t deserve the win anyway letting them go
10 for 14 or something like that on 3rd downs anyway.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seems like Seattle never gets the benefit of the doubt on the ball spots. Hollister called short(rightly so) in the 49er game, Jones given the TD when he looked short but couldn't change the call on the field, Lockett call short when the ball did cross the goal line(Lynch then scored anyway but cmon), then the Graham phantom 1st down. If you are being generous on ball spots, then give Lockett the TD and review it. Plain as day he made it. We don't get the calls home or away. Sick of the legacy team officiating