Seahawks SB History

Hawker8989

Reaction score
How did you feel going into each Seahawks SB? Curious as to who and why you thought would win each game. I'll start:

05 vs Steelers: Honestly I thought we were in trouble. Pittsburgh had a ceazy good defense. They had an elite receiver. A darn good TE. And we knew they had HFA in Detroit.

13 vs Broncos: I was super confident we would win. Denver was soft. They could be had. This was a sure thing for me.

14 vs Pats: See Denver. And beating Denver the way we did made me even more convinced this would be a win. But the Lane injury really turned that game in the Pats favor. And Simon wasn't ready yet. My god did he get abused in that game.

Erebus

Reaction score
I was nervous but optimistic before all of them.

I never really thought they’d win XL. I was surprised how competitive they made it, which made the screw job more frustrating.

Although we had a great team in 2013, the Broncos greatest offense in history was certainly reason to be worried before XLVIII. My main reason for optimism was that the key to beating the Seahawks was a good pass rush, and the Broncos didn’t have one (Von Miller was out). I never expected to hold them to 8 points.

We were pretty evenly matched with the Patriots before XLIX. Football Outsiders simulated the game 10,000 times and gave us a 49% chance of winning. Despite the quality opponent, this was the matchup I wanted. I wanted to be able to say the Seahawks beat Manning and Brady in consecutive Super Bowls.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
XL...seemed like a just happy to be there story until the game started. I thought they had a chance but was worried about officiating. Then the refs got involved and it was clear the Seahawks were being made a fall guy. I wonder at times if Stevens was paid to drop all those easy catches?

48...really worried the number 1 offense of all time with the refs help would be the story. I knew we had the team to beat and were fairly healthy. Even up until half I was concerned about a comeback until Percy did his thing.

49...I was concerned about injuries going in but still was thinking 60/40 that the hawks would win. As stated above wanted to beat arguably the most hyped legacy quarterbacks in nfl history 2 years in a row. Honestly if you turn it off right before the meltdown it is the greatest sb game played imo.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I thought the Seahawks would beat the Stealers. I'm not sure what my confidence level was but I thought they would. There was definitely some poor play by Seattle, but take the refs out and I would have been right.

I was absolutely certain the Seahawks would crush the Broncos. After the NFC Championship game, I told my wife, who is not a football fan, that the Seahawks were going to the Super Bowl. She asked if I thought they would win and I said, "Yes, and I don't think it's going to be close." I was right. It wasn't close.

I was worried the Seahawks would lose to the Patriots. I have much respect for the Pats and the Hawks hadn't exactly been playing great. But take a few injuries out (specifically Avril, but the Lane one hurt too) and I would have been wrong.