Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone watching the Pro Bowl next week?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Anyone watching the Pro Bowl next week?
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:04 pm
  • I'm interested as Seattle's staff will be coaching it.

The rules on D are limited: base 4-3 (w/Cover 2 and press allowed). It's not dissimilar to what KNJ (with endorsement from PC) is doing, but in that case, they'll have all the pieces they don't have now.

That, plus it'll be great to see RW for one last time this season. Even if it's just the Pro Bowl.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I haven't watched the Pro Bowl for years, since it used to be in Hawaii, after the Superbowl. I used to actually barrack for the AFC back then, because the Seahawks were of course in that conference then, and also the NFC had a massive domination of the Superbowls in that era.

Anyone remember when KC's Neil Smith and the 49ers' Kevin Gogan both got ejected after a massive fight? They still had every intention of carrying it on even further.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• What's the Pro Bowl.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• No..
    Last time I watched,it was Barry Sanders last one.
    I'm good.
    Rather watch XFL.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• " it's just the Pro Bowl."

I think the guys should just take their certificate and go home. In general the competitive level equates to that of a victory down. But as long as they can sell enough tickets to claim a big charity deduction I guess it has some worth.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• No thanks for me as well. Not a fan of all star games .
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Cyrus12 wrote:No thanks for me as well. Not a fan of all star games .

Likewise tho my exception is MLB. Have always liked it.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm interested as Seattle's staff will be coaching it.

The rules on D are limited: base 4-3 (w/Cover 2 and press allowed). It's not dissimilar to what KNJ (with endorsement from PC) is doing, but in that case, they'll have all the pieces they don't have now.

That, plus it'll be great to see RW for one last time this season. Even if it's just the Pro Bowl.

They must of known the staff would be available .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• The coaches are from the teams with the highest wins who lost in the divisional, so PC and Harbaugh.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:No thanks for me as well. Not a fan of all star games .

Likewise tho my exception is MLB. Have always liked it.

I used to watch MLB all star games..I remember going
    to the one in the Kingdome..
    Dave Parker threw out one at home from the fence,it was
    a bullet all the way to the catcher..I was in the seats right
    near him.
    They pimp it up these days..Just not the same.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Never watch that trash
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Does it involve the NFL? Yep I am watching. #don'tcarewhatyouthink
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I used to watch most of the game back when it was after the Super Bowl. It seems like it’s gotten way less competitive over the years. Almost a two hand touch game any more. I’ve always enjoyed watching any Seahawks players participating. Will I watch next week? Why not? A little added interest with the Seahawks coaching staff. One last chance to see some of our boys play until late summer.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• What the hell is wrong with some of y'all? :177692: ?, "TRASH"? :141847_bnono: ?.....BULLSHIP!!!
    It's entertainment AND it has some of my Seahawks playing.....If they were playing "Tidlywinks in a piss-pot", wearing a Seahawks Helmet, I'm tuning in.
    Besides, it's either that, or sitting on my ass & watching reruns of 'planet of the apes' or 'King Kong' :34853_doh:
    This old HOMER sombiotch ain't ready for the Off-Season just yet. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:What the hell is wrong with some of y'all? :177692: ?, "TRASH"? :141847_bnono: ?.....BULLSHIP!!!
    It's entertainment AND it has some of my Seahawks playing.....If they were playing "Tidlywinks in a piss-pot", wearing a Seahawks Helmet, I'm tuning in.
    Besides, it's either that, or sitting on my ass & watching reruns of 'planet of the apes' or 'King Kong' :34853_doh:
    This old HOMER sombiotch ain't ready for the Off-Season just yet. :irishdrinkers:

Lmao!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm watching golf.. :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:What the hell is wrong with some of y'all? :177692: ?, "TRASH"? :141847_bnono: ?.....BULLSHIP!!!

Lmao!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm watching golf.. :irishdrinkers:

Only "Golf" that I line watchin' is when it's me swingin' my clubs.....I give myself some Mulligans, because I think everybody makes mistakes, I usually limit my "Mulligans" to 8 or 9 per round, cuz nobody likes playing with a cheater :smilingalien:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Per Caroll, they'll be comparing pro bowl players to our own guys, and doing "a little recruiting" too

Sounds good to me. We need better talent across the board.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• What channel, day and time(eastern) is it on? I would rather watch this than the SB.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:What channel, day and time(eastern) is it on? I would rather watch this than the SB.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/283 ... el-rosters

The 2020 Pro Bowl -- the NFL's version of an All-Star Game -- will be played at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday, Jan. 26. The game begins at 3 p.m. ET, and you can watch it live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ABC, Disney XD and on the ESPN app.

Shaquill Griffin also got named as an alternate to replace Sherm.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• The Pro Bowl is the most unwatchable professional sporting event of the year, I will most definitely be finding something else to do.

Watch my grass grow
    Watch some paint dry
    sort my sock drawer

You know, do something more exciting.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• It's horrendous. NO
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Yes, for one its football, 2 we have players particiapting, so I will watch and support them.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• I haven't just sat down and watched a full pro bowl in a very long time. If I'm home, I put it on the tv while I'm doing other things, and I'll watch a few plays here and there, but it just doesn't hold much excitement to it.

I have enjoyed a lot of the activities surrounding the pro bowl each year though. Those, IMO, are actually much more interesting to me than the game itself.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

• John63 wrote:Yes, for one its football, 2 we have players particiapting, so I will watch and support them.

You'll spend an entire Friday night bashing Pete, but you're all in for wasting four hours on a Sunday supporting our players for the Pro Bowl.

You sir, are an enigma wrapped inside a riddle.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Should be a very boring first half for the NFC if Petes coaching. :D (sorry couldnt resist)

No to watching the pro bowl. It is the joke of all sporting events.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Haven't watched in years. But I'll likely DVR it and maybe skim thru later if I get bored. Like really bored
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:What channel, day and time(eastern) is it on? I would rather watch this than the SB.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/283 ... el-rosters

The 2020 Pro Bowl -- the NFL's version of an All-Star Game -- will be played at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday, Jan. 26. The game begins at 3 p.m. ET, and you can watch it live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ABC, Disney XD and on the ESPN app.

Shaquill Griffin also got named as an alternate to replace Sherm.

Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Naw...I have 2 doors to build for my campers. Want them done and painted before I go watch golf next weekend in Phx. Also have too much other winter work to do that I think is more important.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Russ did stay aboard to try for a 4th and 8 right before the half.

It was a turnover on downs.

Because the game does not "count," it's an opportunity for PC to try out less conservative plays with, well, pro-bowl players. Hope to see more of this.

ETA: Interception by Harrison, lateral to Fletcher Cox who brings it 61 yards for a TD.

Good for Pete. It's the Pro Bowl. Get daring and see what happens.

ETA: Calais Campbell strips Cousins, returned for a TD. Campbell's a free agent, right?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Cyrus12 wrote:Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....

I'm furious they didn't try to throw it Austin Hooper every down Russ was in there. Do they not want him?!
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....

He took a lot of risks we haven't seen him take for some regular seasons.

And this is what I've been saying: If Pete is to be coached/coerced whatever into making what we largely think he should do, we can't assume it's gonna go our way.

Like, Cousins just got intercepted on a fourth and 15...by ET.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....

And this is what I've been saying: If Pete is to be coached/coerced whatever into making what we largely think he should do, we can't assume it's gonna go our way.

Taking risks? There are no risks in the Pro Bowl. It's a live action Madden game without the tackling.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....

Taking risks? There are no risks in the Pro Bowl. It's a live action Madden game without the tackling.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:

You're right. What I meant is that it was risk-free for PC to try some different looks. He did. It just didn't work.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• At this rate, just call it the AFC Bowl. They won for the past 4 years now.
    jmahon316
    NET Starter

Meant as a joke before I'm killed for it...pro bowl is a joke. I'm also sure a lot of the guys didnt feel like playing after the news today.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:

You're right. What I meant is that it was risk-free for PC to try some different looks. He did. It just didn't work.

They have a school yard playbook, you have guys going through the motions out there not wanting a injury and others like Earl that doesn't understand it's exhibition, really can't learn a whole lot when there is very little on the line and effort is not going to be focused and across the board.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Cyrus12 wrote:

Meant as a joke..........

I literally LOL'd

And no, I didn't watch
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I didn’t get a chance to waych it but I did see a play early in the first qtr and noticed Brees behind center. My wife told ne that Russ gave the start to Brees in a gesture of respect.
    Pure class.
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Russ was also the guy leading in the locker room when the Kobe announcement came through and led the prayer for him.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information