Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russell Wilson dominates Precision Passing event in Skills S

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Wrong about what? That Russell needs a running game? All the research is done man. Look at my twitter history. It’s obvious. And you don’t answer any of my questions. Your only evidence is: “you’re wrong.” Compelling.

    He was great in 15. And 18. In case you couldn’t follow the thread.



    adn yet the fact show you remain WRONG!! And again please show me were every QB does as we ll or better without a run game as with. Till you do you are still WRONG!!

    " Oh and FYI you like to talk efficiency his QB rating in 2015 was 110.1 his 2nd best, so He had a compt% of 68.1 his best, Oh and your #2 Rusher was Wilson. and no RB over 1k. We were 3rd in Rushing, however if you take QB rushing off of every team we are 17th. "

    Oh and lets remember we are built around the run not the pass. adn to remind you sinc eyou are ignoring the truth

    Pass blocking ranking of the oline
    2012 20th
    2013 32nd
    2014 24th
    2015 30th
    2016 25th
    2017 25th
    2018 30th
    2019 24th

    Avg 26th yeah were built to pass NOT and yet year after year he gets it done.
    64.5 complt%, 29, 734 yards, 7.9 ypa, 227 TDs 68 ints (FYI he is third most td sin first 8 years but with half the INT of those above him), 101.2 Qb rating(2nbd all time), 3993 rushing yards, 5.5 ypa, 19 tds,


    Thanks for playing but your still WRONG!

    Oh, so now it's whose fault? The O-line this time? Man, you got an excuse for everything, don't ya?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Fade wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's a good thing we make sure to limit him in the first half of every game. :roll:


    He might turn it over.

    It's better to put in the hands of an elite defense and play the field position game. Punting the ball when deep in an enemy territory is what it is all about. :D :D :D :D What year is it??? :lol:

    I am still in shock in the AZ game, when they blocked the kick ran it back deep into enemy territory. They then proceeded to run the ball 3 straight times with their 4th string RB and went 3-and-out. Then to top if off, he elected to kick a FG down 2 scores. They made the FG and they were still down 2 scores. :shock:

    So Pete trusted his bottom 5 defense, and 4th string RB in that situation more than his $35M, 4.00+ WAR QB. Absolutely incredible.


    Nailed it. :2thumbs:
    Most complaints aren't about just number of passes vs runs, it's about the sequencing, playing situational football, and those several games per season where we get dominated at the LOS and get into must pass situations and Wilson is put on the run in under 2 seconds. Also, you can setup the run with the pass and tire the Dlinemen quicker with better route concepts that take less time, that make better use of Wilson's skills (rollouts, screens, crossing routes, PA), and take some heat off the Oline that has been poor at pass blocking Wilson's entire career here.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7158
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Wrong about what? That Russell needs a running game? All the research is done man. Look at my twitter history. It’s obvious. And you don’t answer any of my questions. Your only evidence is: “you’re wrong.” Compelling.

    He was great in 15. And 18. In case you couldn’t follow the thread.



    adn yet the fact show you remain WRONG!! And again please show me were every QB does as we ll or better without a run game as with. Till you do you are still WRONG!!

    " Oh and FYI you like to talk efficiency his QB rating in 2015 was 110.1 his 2nd best, so He had a compt% of 68.1 his best, Oh and your #2 Rusher was Wilson. and no RB over 1k. We were 3rd in Rushing, however if you take QB rushing off of every team we are 17th. "

    Oh and lets remember we are built around the run not the pass. adn to remind you sinc eyou are ignoring the truth

    Pass blocking ranking of the oline
    2012 20th
    2013 32nd
    2014 24th
    2015 30th
    2016 25th
    2017 25th
    2018 30th
    2019 24th

    Avg 26th yeah were built to pass NOT and yet year after year he gets it done.
    64.5 complt%, 29, 734 yards, 7.9 ypa, 227 TDs 68 ints (FYI he is third most td sin first 8 years but with half the INT of those above him), 101.2 Qb rating(2nbd all time), 3993 rushing yards, 5.5 ypa, 19 tds,


    Thanks for playing but your still WRONG!

    Oh, so now it's whose fault? The O-line this time? Man, you got an excuse for everything, don't ya?



    Lol says the guy who provides nothing to support his lies, and fyi considering he has never had a bad year there are no excuses needed other than why you lie all the time.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's a good thing we make sure to limit him in the first half of every game. :roll:


    He might turn it over.

    It's better to put in the hands of an elite defense and play the field position game. Punting the ball when deep in an enemy territory is what it is all about. :D :D :D :D What year is it??? :lol:

    I am still in shock in the AZ game, when they blocked the kick ran it back deep into enemy territory. They then proceeded to run the ball 3 straight times with their 4th string RB and went 3-and-out. Then to top if off, he elected to kick a FG down 2 scores. They made the FG and they were still down 2 scores. :shock:

    So Pete trusted his bottom 5 defense, and 4th string RB in that situation more than his $35M, 4.00+ WAR QB. Absolutely incredible.


    Nailed it. :2thumbs:
    Most complaints aren't about just number of passes vs runs, it's about the sequencing, playing situational football, and those several games per season where we get dominated at the LOS and get into must pass situations and Wilson is put on the run in under 2 seconds. Also, you can setup the run with the pass and tire the Dlinemen quicker with better route concepts that take less time, that make better use of Wilson's skills (rollouts, screens, crossing routes, PA), and take some heat off the Oline that has been poor at pass blocking Wilson's entire career here.



    BING BING BING!!
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Wrong about what? That Russell needs a running game? All the research is done man. Look at my twitter history. It’s obvious. And you don’t answer any of my questions. Your only evidence is: “you’re wrong.” Compelling.

    He was great in 15. And 18. In case you couldn’t follow the thread.



    adn yet the fact show you remain WRONG!! And again please show me were every QB does as we ll or better without a run game as with. Till you do you are still WRONG!!

    " Oh and FYI you like to talk efficiency his QB rating in 2015 was 110.1 his 2nd best, so He had a compt% of 68.1 his best, Oh and your #2 Rusher was Wilson. and no RB over 1k. We were 3rd in Rushing, however if you take QB rushing off of every team we are 17th. "

    Oh and lets remember we are built around the run not the pass. adn to remind you sinc eyou are ignoring the truth

    Pass blocking ranking of the oline
    2012 20th
    2013 32nd
    2014 24th
    2015 30th
    2016 25th
    2017 25th
    2018 30th
    2019 24th

    Avg 26th yeah were built to pass NOT and yet year after year he gets it done.
    64.5 complt%, 29, 734 yards, 7.9 ypa, 227 TDs 68 ints (FYI he is third most td sin first 8 years but with half the INT of those above him), 101.2 Qb rating(2nbd all time), 3993 rushing yards, 5.5 ypa, 19 tds,


    Thanks for playing but your still WRONG!

    Oh, so now it's whose fault? The O-line this time? Man, you got an excuse for everything, don't ya?



    Lol says the guy who provides nothing to support his lies, and fyi considering he has never had a bad year there are no excuses needed other than why you lie all the time.

    What would you constitute as a bad year?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

    adn yet the fact show you remain WRONG!! And again please show me were every QB does as we ll or better without a run game as with. Till you do you are still WRONG!!

    " Oh and FYI you like to talk efficiency his QB rating in 2015 was 110.1 his 2nd best, so He had a compt% of 68.1 his best, Oh and your #2 Rusher was Wilson. and no RB over 1k. We were 3rd in Rushing, however if you take QB rushing off of every team we are 17th. "

    Oh and lets remember we are built around the run not the pass. adn to remind you sinc eyou are ignoring the truth

    Pass blocking ranking of the oline
    2012 20th
    2013 32nd
    2014 24th
    2015 30th
    2016 25th
    2017 25th
    2018 30th
    2019 24th

    Avg 26th yeah were built to pass NOT and yet year after year he gets it done.
    64.5 complt%, 29, 734 yards, 7.9 ypa, 227 TDs 68 ints (FYI he is third most td sin first 8 years but with half the INT of those above him), 101.2 Qb rating(2nbd all time), 3993 rushing yards, 5.5 ypa, 19 tds,


    Thanks for playing but your still WRONG!

    Oh, so now it's whose fault? The O-line this time? Man, you got an excuse for everything, don't ya?



    Lol says the guy who provides nothing to support his lies, and fyi considering he has never had a bad year there are no excuses needed other than why you lie all the time.

    What would you constitute as a bad year?


    well lets see 85 is considered AVG for a qb rating, so for Wilson anything below 90 which is considered good, and let me see oh yeah has never happened. Thanks for playin gyou are WRONG again.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Fade wrote:I am still in shock in the AZ game, when they blocked the kick ran it back deep into enemy territory. They then proceeded to run the ball 3 straight times with their 4th string RB and went 3-and-out. Then to top if off, he elected to kick a FG down 2 scores. They made the FG and they were still down 2 scores. :shock:

    So Pete trusted his bottom 5 defense, and 4th string RB in that situation more than his $35M, 4.00+ WAR QB. Absolutely incredible.

    I'm much less critical of Pete than a lot of folks here but this sequence was horrible plain and simple. Don't know if it was Pete, Schotty or both but it was brutal.
    He also needs to turn the defense around and soon.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Fade wrote:I am still in shock in the AZ game, when they blocked the kick ran it back deep into enemy territory. They then proceeded to run the ball 3 straight times with their 4th string RB and went 3-and-out. Then to top if off, he elected to kick a FG down 2 scores. They made the FG and they were still down 2 scores. :shock:

    So Pete trusted his bottom 5 defense, and 4th string RB in that situation more than his $35M, 4.00+ WAR QB. Absolutely incredible.

    I'm much less critical of Pete than a lot of folks here but this sequence was horrible plain and simple. Don't know if it was Pete, Schotty or both but it was brutal.
    He also needs to turn the defense around and soon.



    a minor teak to the offense, and a couple of pieces to the defense, and we can be a serious SB contender. something we are not now.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • An 85 passer rating would've put you at 25th in the league, behind Joe Flacco. That's average now? 90 would put you at 17th, behind Gardner Minshew and Case Keenum. That's good now?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:An 85 passer rating would've put you at 25th in the league, behind Joe Flacco. That's average now? 90 would put you at 17th, behind Gardner Minshew and Case Keenum. That's good now?



    Dude try as you might to change the facts to suite you narrative the fact still is the fact.


    Here is something for you that might help you.

    [url}https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/3/13/16839982/5-oclock-club-difference-nfl-passer-rating-and-quarterback-rating-redskins-alex-smith-kirk-cousins[/url}

    Notice of pass rating 88.6 avg anything higher would be above avg and Wilson has never been below 92.6 There for always above avg or better.

    Also it denotes QBR were 50 is avg. Wilson has never been below 57 so again above avg.

    For his career so you know his Qb rating is 101.2 2nd all time and his QBR is 66

    To help you compare Aaron Rodgers the supposedly top QB has had a Qb rating as low as 92 (ignoring the 2 years of minimal starts and QBR of 53 both as low or lower than anything Wilson has had

    Even if we go with you 90 is avg that would mean Wilson has been above avg or better every year.

    Now I will help you because good lord dou need it, the correct argument would have been below Wilson's normal, which I would agree, but again as anyone who understands football, there are also outlining factors to anything.

    So to conclude your still "WRONG"
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I'm much less critical of Pete than a lot of folks here but this sequence was horrible plain and simple. Don't know if it was Pete, Schotty or both but it was brutal. He also needs to turn the defense around and soon.

    My favorite part about this line of criticism is that even the hindsight crew would have much less of a problem with this sequence if we had passed for 8 yards on first down instead of running for 8 yards. Then it would have been PRR with the latter two run attempts coming on very short yardage, and the focus would correctly be on our running game execution not being able to pick up 2 yards on 2 plays. Instead people see one RRR sequence and it automatically becomes more conceptual nonsense about Pete ball vs. #FreeRuss.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4045
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:An 85 passer rating would've put you at 25th in the league, behind Joe Flacco. That's average now? 90 would put you at 17th, behind Gardner Minshew and Case Keenum. That's good now?



    Dude try as you might to change the facts to suite you narrative the fact still is the fact.


    Here is something for you that might help you.

    [url}https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/3/13/16839982/5-oclock-club-difference-nfl-passer-rating-and-quarterback-rating-redskins-alex-smith-kirk-cousins[/url}

    Notice of pass rating 88.6 avg anything higher would be above avg and Wilson has never been below 92.6 There for always above avg or better.

    Also it denotes QBR were 50 is avg. Wilson has never been below 57 so again above avg.

    For his career so you know his Qb rating is 101.2 2nd all time and his QBR is 66

    To help you compare Aaron Rodgers the supposedly top QB has had a Qb rating as low as 92 (ignoring the 2 years of minimal starts and QBR of 53 both as low or lower than anything Wilson has had

    Even if we go with you 90 is avg that would mean Wilson has been above avg or better every year.

    Now I will help you because good lord dou need it, the correct argument would have been below Wilson's normal, which I would agree, but again as anyone who understands football, there are also outlining factors to anything.

    So to conclude your still "WRONG"

    No your wrong. I dunno, I might consider backwards passes, continually running loop-the-loops and interceptions to nobody a bad year, but that's just me.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:An 85 passer rating would've put you at 25th in the league, behind Joe Flacco. That's average now? 90 would put you at 17th, behind Gardner Minshew and Case Keenum. That's good now?



    Dude try as you might to change the facts to suite you narrative the fact still is the fact.


    Here is something for you that might help you.

    [url}https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/3/13/16839982/5-oclock-club-difference-nfl-passer-rating-and-quarterback-rating-redskins-alex-smith-kirk-cousins[/url}

    Notice of pass rating 88.6 avg anything higher would be above avg and Wilson has never been below 92.6 There for always above avg or better.

    Also it denotes QBR were 50 is avg. Wilson has never been below 57 so again above avg.

    For his career so you know his Qb rating is 101.2 2nd all time and his QBR is 66

    To help you compare Aaron Rodgers the supposedly top QB has had a Qb rating as low as 92 (ignoring the 2 years of minimal starts and QBR of 53 both as low or lower than anything Wilson has had

    Even if we go with you 90 is avg that would mean Wilson has been above avg or better every year.

    Now I will help you because good lord dou need it, the correct argument would have been below Wilson's normal, which I would agree, but again as anyone who understands football, there are also outlining factors to anything.

    So to conclude your still "WRONG"

    No your wrong. I dunno, I might consider backwards passes, continually running loop-the-loops and interceptions to nobody a bad year, but that's just me.


    And your proof of all this? Wait you have none as usual. It amazes me first you try stats and when they show your wrong, you go to stuff you can prove like anyone here will believe anything you say.. Once again the FACTS and STATS show your WRONG.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:An 85 passer rating would've put you at 25th in the league, behind Joe Flacco. That's average now? 90 would put you at 17th, behind Gardner Minshew and Case Keenum. That's good now?



    Dude try as you might to change the facts to suite you narrative the fact still is the fact.


    Here is something for you that might help you.

    [url}https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/3/13/16839982/5-oclock-club-difference-nfl-passer-rating-and-quarterback-rating-redskins-alex-smith-kirk-cousins[/url}

    Notice of pass rating 88.6 avg anything higher would be above avg and Wilson has never been below 92.6 There for always above avg or better.

    Also it denotes QBR were 50 is avg. Wilson has never been below 57 so again above avg.

    For his career so you know his Qb rating is 101.2 2nd all time and his QBR is 66

    To help you compare Aaron Rodgers the supposedly top QB has had a Qb rating as low as 92 (ignoring the 2 years of minimal starts and QBR of 53 both as low or lower than anything Wilson has had

    Even if we go with you 90 is avg that would mean Wilson has been above avg or better every year.

    Now I will help you because good lord dou need it, the correct argument would have been below Wilson's normal, which I would agree, but again as anyone who understands football, there are also outlining factors to anything.

    So to conclude your still "WRONG"

    No your wrong. I dunno, I might consider backwards passes, continually running loop-the-loops and interceptions to nobody a bad year, but that's just me.


    And your proof of all this? Wait you have none as usual. It amazes me first you try stats and when they show your wrong, you go to stuff you can prove like anyone here will believe anything you say.. Once again the FACTS and STATS show your WRONG.

    What stats are incorrect? Kase Keenum and Gardner Minshew is what you want out of your quarterback?

    Are you not remembering the minus 22 yard backwards pass or the dumpoff pass to wide open defenders in our backfield?

    Your wrong.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • AgentDib wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I'm much less critical of Pete than a lot of folks here but this sequence was horrible plain and simple. Don't know if it was Pete, Schotty or both but it was brutal. He also needs to turn the defense around and soon.

    My favorite part about this line of criticism is that even the hindsight crew would have much less of a problem with this sequence if we had passed for 8 yards on first down instead of running for 8 yards. Then it would have been PRR with the latter two run attempts coming on very short yardage, and the focus would correctly be on our running game execution not being able to pick up 2 yards on 2 plays. Instead people see one RRR sequence and it automatically becomes more conceptual nonsense about Pete ball vs. #FreeRuss.

    Fair point but when you're stopped on 2nd and Chris Carson's out, you really do need to throw.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

    Dude try as you might to change the facts to suite you narrative the fact still is the fact.


    Here is something for you that might help you.

    [url}https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/3/13/16839982/5-oclock-club-difference-nfl-passer-rating-and-quarterback-rating-redskins-alex-smith-kirk-cousins[/url}

    Notice of pass rating 88.6 avg anything higher would be above avg and Wilson has never been below 92.6 There for always above avg or better.

    Also it denotes QBR were 50 is avg. Wilson has never been below 57 so again above avg.

    For his career so you know his Qb rating is 101.2 2nd all time and his QBR is 66

    To help you compare Aaron Rodgers the supposedly top QB has had a Qb rating as low as 92 (ignoring the 2 years of minimal starts and QBR of 53 both as low or lower than anything Wilson has had

    Even if we go with you 90 is avg that would mean Wilson has been above avg or better every year.

    Now I will help you because good lord dou need it, the correct argument would have been below Wilson's normal, which I would agree, but again as anyone who understands football, there are also outlining factors to anything.

    So to conclude your still "WRONG"

    No your wrong. I dunno, I might consider backwards passes, continually running loop-the-loops and interceptions to nobody a bad year, but that's just me.


    And your proof of all this? Wait you have none as usual. It amazes me first you try stats and when they show your wrong, you go to stuff you can prove like anyone here will believe anything you say.. Once again the FACTS and STATS show your WRONG.

    What stats are incorrect? Kase Keenum and Gardner Minshew is what you want out of your quarterback?

    Are you not remembering the minus 22 yard backwards pass or the dumpoff pass to wide open defenders in our backfield?

    Your wrong.



    None of that changes the FACT that Wilson numbers every year have been above avg or better. So your point is moot. Also, great out of thousands of plays you come up with 2 and of course no link to video of them to prove they are what you say. Remember that Pass to Lcokett that was the lowest chance of completion in the NFL history

    [url}https://www.seahawks.com/video/2019-week-5-tyler-lockett-toe-tap-touchdown[/url]

    see that is proof not your lies.

    So in the end your still WRONG.
    Last edited by John63 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:No your wrong. I dunno, I might consider backwards passes, continually running loop-the-loops and interceptions to nobody a bad year, but that's just me.


    And your proof of all this? Wait you have none as usual. It amazes me first you try stats and when they show your wrong, you go to stuff you can prove like anyone here will believe anything you say.. Once again the FACTS and STATS show your WRONG.

    What stats are incorrect? Kase Keenum and Gardner Minshew is what you want out of your quarterback?

    Are you not remembering the minus 22 yard backwards pass or the dumpoff pass to wide open defenders in our backfield?

    Your wrong.



    None of that changes the FACT that Wilson numbers every year have been above avg or better. So your point is moot. Also, great out of thousands of plays you come up with 2 and of course no link to video of them to prove they are what you say. Remember that Pass to Lcokett that was the lowest chance of completion in the NFL history

    [url}https://www.seahawks.com/video/2019-week-5-tyler-lockett-toe-tap-touchdown[/url}

    see that is proof not your lies.

    So in the end your still WRONG.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -yard-loss

    More proof that YOUR STILL WRONG.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    And your proof of all this? Wait you have none as usual. It amazes me first you try stats and when they show your wrong, you go to stuff you can prove like anyone here will believe anything you say.. Once again the FACTS and STATS show your WRONG.

    What stats are incorrect? Kase Keenum and Gardner Minshew is what you want out of your quarterback?

    Are you not remembering the minus 22 yard backwards pass or the dumpoff pass to wide open defenders in our backfield?

    Your wrong.



    None of that changes the FACT that Wilson numbers every year have been above avg or better. So your point is moot. Also, great out of thousands of plays you come up with 2 and of course no link to video of them to prove they are what you say. Remember that Pass to Lcokett that was the lowest chance of completion in the NFL history

    [url}https://www.seahawks.com/video/2019-week-5-tyler-lockett-toe-tap-touchdown[/url}

    see that is proof not your lies.

    So in the end your still WRONG.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -yard-loss

    More proof that YOUR STILL WRONG.


    So let me get this straight he gets pressure in his face in under 2 seconds and you blame him? LOL you hate is laudable and pathetic le tme help you again

    101.2 2nd best QB rating ever lets put this to bed FACT time
    2019 playoffs Qb rating 107.4 QBR 89
    2019 regular Season Qb rating 106.3, QBR 69.9\
    PFF WAR league leading MVP 4.08
    Footballousider 1,297 DYAR, 25.2 DVOA



    You can pick an isolated play all you want but in the end they are judged by how they do in the season and Wilson was one of the best and while you hate can't let you see it, the FACTS are the FACTS and your are still WRONG.

    And so as to help you with career

    3rd most TDs in first 8 years and half the ints of the 2 a head
    2nd best Qb rating all time
    ONLY player in NFL history to account for over 80% of total offensive yards and over 95% of total offensive TDs
    I can go on and on, while you have NOTHING but HATE and beignb WRONG!
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:What stats are incorrect? Kase Keenum and Gardner Minshew is what you want out of your quarterback?

    Are you not remembering the minus 22 yard backwards pass or the dumpoff pass to wide open defenders in our backfield?

    Your wrong.



    None of that changes the FACT that Wilson numbers every year have been above avg or better. So your point is moot. Also, great out of thousands of plays you come up with 2 and of course no link to video of them to prove they are what you say. Remember that Pass to Lcokett that was the lowest chance of completion in the NFL history

    [url}https://www.seahawks.com/video/2019-week-5-tyler-lockett-toe-tap-touchdown[/url}

    see that is proof not your lies.

    So in the end your still WRONG.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -yard-loss

    More proof that YOUR STILL WRONG.


    So let me get this straight he gets pressure in his face in under 2 seconds and you blame him? LOL you hate is laudable and pathetic le tme help you again

    101.2 2nd best QB rating ever lets put this to bed FACT time
    2019 playoffs Qb rating 107.4 QBR 89
    2019 regular Season Qb rating 106.3, QBR 69.9\
    PFF WAR league leading MVP 4.08
    Footballousider 1,297 DYAR, 25.2 DVOA



    You can pick an isolated play all you want but in the end they are judged by how they do in the season and Wilson was one of the best and while you hate can't let you see it, the FACTS are the FACTS and your are still WRONG.

    And so as to help you with career

    3rd most TDs in first 8 years and half the ints of the 2 a head
    2nd best Qb rating all time
    ONLY player in NFL history to account for over 80% of total offensive yards and over 95% of total offensive TDs
    I can go on and on, while you have NOTHING but HATE and beignb WRONG!

    What does being aided by an elite running game and defense and coach have to do with anything that we've been discussing? I thought we were talking about incorrect stats?

    I'm not wrong, YOUR WRONG.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

    None of that changes the FACT that Wilson numbers every year have been above avg or better. So your point is moot. Also, great out of thousands of plays you come up with 2 and of course no link to video of them to prove they are what you say. Remember that Pass to Lcokett that was the lowest chance of completion in the NFL history

    [url}https://www.seahawks.com/video/2019-week-5-tyler-lockett-toe-tap-touchdown[/url}

    see that is proof not your lies.

    So in the end your still WRONG.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -yard-loss

    More proof that YOUR STILL WRONG.


    So let me get this straight he gets pressure in his face in under 2 seconds and you blame him? LOL you hate is laudable and pathetic le tme help you again

    101.2 2nd best QB rating ever lets put this to bed FACT time
    2019 playoffs Qb rating 107.4 QBR 89
    2019 regular Season Qb rating 106.3, QBR 69.9\
    PFF WAR league leading MVP 4.08
    Footballousider 1,297 DYAR, 25.2 DVOA



    You can pick an isolated play all you want but in the end they are judged by how they do in the season and Wilson was one of the best and while you hate can't let you see it, the FACTS are the FACTS and your are still WRONG.

    And so as to help you with career

    3rd most TDs in first 8 years and half the ints of the 2 a head
    2nd best Qb rating all time
    ONLY player in NFL history to account for over 80% of total offensive yards and over 95% of total offensive TDs
    I can go on and on, while you have NOTHING but HATE and beignb WRONG!

    What does being aided by an elite running game and defense and coach have to do with anything that we've been discussing? I thought we were talking about incorrect stats?

    I'm not wrong, YOUR WRONG.



    Ahh once again you are forgetting he has not had an elite run game during a lot fo his career adn, yet he still stands amongst the best in fact let me help you.

    ONLY NFL PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY TO Account FOR OVER 80% OF TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS ADN OVER 95% OF TOTAL OFFENSIVE TDS he was our leading rusher.

    again I can go on and as usual you are WRONG.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Crizilla wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's a good thing we make sure to limit him in the first half of every game. :roll:


    Was just about to post this. Literally wasting his career


    Yep....what a wasted career:

    Awards

    7× Pro Bowl (2012–2015, 2017–2019)
    Second-team All-Pro (2019)
    NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month (December 2012)
    9× NFC Offensive Player of the Week
    Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (Week 10, 2012)
    Offensive Player of the Year finalist (2016)
    PFWA Good Guy Award (2014)
    3× FedEx Air Player of the Week
    2x Steve Largent Award (2012, 2018)

    NFL records

    Most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie: 385
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first two seasons (24); most total wins in first two seasons (28, including playoffs)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first three seasons: 36
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first four seasons: 46
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 56 (tied with Matt Ryan)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 65
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first seven seasons: 75
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first eight seasons: 86 (tied with Tom Brady)
    First quarterback to throw for 300+ yards and rush for 100+ yards in a single game (vs St. Louis Rams) (10/19/14)
    Most games 1+ passing touchdowns, season (tied with twelve other players): 16, 2015
    Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 5, 2015
    2nd highest passer rating, career (minimum 1,500 attempts): 101.2 (Aaron Rodgers - 102.4)
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback to have a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing touchdowns, and 500+ rushing yards in the same season (2015).
    The shortest quarterback in NFL history to start (XLVIII, XLIX) and win a Super Bowl (XLVIII).
    First black quarterback to start in multiple Super Bowls.

    Seattle Seahawks records

    Highest passer rating, career (minimum 500 attempts): 101.2
    Highest passer rating, season (minimum 200 attempts): 110.9, 2018
    Highest passer rating, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 100.0
    Highest passer rating, game (minimum 10 attempts): 158.3, 2018
    Highest completion percentage, career (minimum 500 attempts): 64.5
    Highest completion percentage, season (minimum 200 attempts): 68.1, 2015
    Highest completion percentage, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 64.1
    Highest yards per attempt, career (minimum 500 attempts): 7.87
    Highest yards per attempt, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 7.93
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, career (minimum 500 attempts): 1.80
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 2.5
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, career: 3,993
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, season: 849, 2014[
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, rookie season: 489
    Highest yard rushing average, career (minimum 400 attempts): 5.6
    Highest yard rushing average, season (minimum 100 attempts): 7.2
    Most wins by a starting quarterback, season (tied with Matt Hasselbeck): 13, 2013
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season – 4 (2012 and 2013) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most game winning drives in a single season – 5 (2012, 2013 and 2014) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most passing yards, career: 29,734
    Most passing yards, season: 4,219, 2016
    Most passing yards, rookie season: 3,118
    Most passing yards, game: 452 on October 29, 2017
    Most passing touchdowns, career: 227
    Most passing touchdowns, season: 35, 2018
    Most passing touchdowns, rookie season: 26
    Most passing touchdowns, game (tied with three players): 5 on November 29, 2015; December 13, 2015 and November 3, 2020
    Most pass completions, season: 353, 2016
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, career: 111
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, career: 72
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, career: 31
    Most games, 4+ passing TD's, career: 10
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, career: 3 (tied with Dave Krieg)
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, season (tied with Dave Krieg): 16, 2015
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, season: 13, 2018
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, season: 7, 2018
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, season: 2, 2015
    Best touchdown pass–interception differential, rookie season: +16 (26 TDs, 10 INTs) (2nd NFL history)
    First and only quarterback to throw 4,000+ passing yards in a season (2015, 2016 and 2019)
    Nunya_
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:43 am


  • Nunya_ wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's a good thing we make sure to limit him in the first half of every game. :roll:


    Was just about to post this. Literally wasting his career


    Yep....what a wasted career:

    Awards

    7× Pro Bowl (2012–2015, 2017–2019)
    Second-team All-Pro (2019)
    NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month (December 2012)
    9× NFC Offensive Player of the Week
    Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (Week 10, 2012)
    Offensive Player of the Year finalist (2016)
    PFWA Good Guy Award (2014)
    3× FedEx Air Player of the Week
    2x Steve Largent Award (2012, 2018)

    NFL records

    Most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie: 385
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first two seasons (24); most total wins in first two seasons (28, including playoffs)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first three seasons: 36
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first four seasons: 46
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 56 (tied with Matt Ryan)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 65
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first seven seasons: 75
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first eight seasons: 86 (tied with Tom Brady)
    First quarterback to throw for 300+ yards and rush for 100+ yards in a single game (vs St. Louis Rams) (10/19/14)
    Most games 1+ passing touchdowns, season (tied with twelve other players): 16, 2015
    Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 5, 2015
    2nd highest passer rating, career (minimum 1,500 attempts): 101.2 (Aaron Rodgers - 102.4)
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback to have a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing touchdowns, and 500+ rushing yards in the same season (2015).
    The shortest quarterback in NFL history to start (XLVIII, XLIX) and win a Super Bowl (XLVIII).
    First black quarterback to start in multiple Super Bowls.

    Seattle Seahawks records

    Highest passer rating, career (minimum 500 attempts): 101.2
    Highest passer rating, season (minimum 200 attempts): 110.9, 2018
    Highest passer rating, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 100.0
    Highest passer rating, game (minimum 10 attempts): 158.3, 2018
    Highest completion percentage, career (minimum 500 attempts): 64.5
    Highest completion percentage, season (minimum 200 attempts): 68.1, 2015
    Highest completion percentage, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 64.1
    Highest yards per attempt, career (minimum 500 attempts): 7.87
    Highest yards per attempt, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 7.93
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, career (minimum 500 attempts): 1.80
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 2.5
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, career: 3,993
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, season: 849, 2014[
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, rookie season: 489
    Highest yard rushing average, career (minimum 400 attempts): 5.6
    Highest yard rushing average, season (minimum 100 attempts): 7.2
    Most wins by a starting quarterback, season (tied with Matt Hasselbeck): 13, 2013
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season – 4 (2012 and 2013) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most game winning drives in a single season – 5 (2012, 2013 and 2014) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most passing yards, career: 29,734
    Most passing yards, season: 4,219, 2016
    Most passing yards, rookie season: 3,118
    Most passing yards, game: 452 on October 29, 2017
    Most passing touchdowns, career: 227
    Most passing touchdowns, season: 35, 2018
    Most passing touchdowns, rookie season: 26
    Most passing touchdowns, game (tied with three players): 5 on November 29, 2015; December 13, 2015 and November 3, 2020
    Most pass completions, season: 353, 2016
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, career: 111
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, career: 72
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, career: 31
    Most games, 4+ passing TD's, career: 10
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, career: 3 (tied with Dave Krieg)
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, season (tied with Dave Krieg): 16, 2015
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, season: 13, 2018
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, season: 7, 2018
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, season: 2, 2015
    Best touchdown pass–interception differential, rookie season: +16 (26 TDs, 10 INTs) (2nd NFL history)
    First and only quarterback to throw 4,000+ passing yards in a season (2015, 2016 and 2019)


    your missing a couple of things, that said does not change the fact it could have been better, and we could have done better as a team with some minor tweaking. I mean there should be nothing wrong in wanting more, with striving for more and to strive to be even better
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    your missing a couple of things, that said does not change the fact it could have been better, and we could have done better as a team with some minor tweaking. I mean there should be nothing wrong in wanting more, with striving for more and to strive to be even better


    There's a difference in wanting a couple minor tweaks to things like playcalling, scheme and tempo, etc and thinking Pete is wasting or misusing Russell.

    Which is where you and others lose the narrative. Any objective look at how Pete, Schotty and Russell work together, and all that they have accomplished together (as Nunya has clearly shown) shows that Russell is not being wasted or misused.

    Every QB, offense, defense, special teams in the league has room for improvement. Again, it's where you think the entire system is wrong is where you lose most of us.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16400
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • John63 wrote:
    Nunya_ wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's a good thing we make sure to limit him in the first half of every game. :roll:


    Was just about to post this. Literally wasting his career


    Yep....what a wasted career:

    Awards

    7× Pro Bowl (2012–2015, 2017–2019)
    Second-team All-Pro (2019)
    NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month (December 2012)
    9× NFC Offensive Player of the Week
    Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (Week 10, 2012)
    Offensive Player of the Year finalist (2016)
    PFWA Good Guy Award (2014)
    3× FedEx Air Player of the Week
    2x Steve Largent Award (2012, 2018)

    NFL records

    Most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie: 385
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first two seasons (24); most total wins in first two seasons (28, including playoffs)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first three seasons: 36
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first four seasons: 46
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 56 (tied with Matt Ryan)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 65
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first seven seasons: 75
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first eight seasons: 86 (tied with Tom Brady)
    First quarterback to throw for 300+ yards and rush for 100+ yards in a single game (vs St. Louis Rams) (10/19/14)
    Most games 1+ passing touchdowns, season (tied with twelve other players): 16, 2015
    Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 5, 2015
    2nd highest passer rating, career (minimum 1,500 attempts): 101.2 (Aaron Rodgers - 102.4)
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback to have a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing touchdowns, and 500+ rushing yards in the same season (2015).
    The shortest quarterback in NFL history to start (XLVIII, XLIX) and win a Super Bowl (XLVIII).
    First black quarterback to start in multiple Super Bowls.

    Seattle Seahawks records

    Highest passer rating, career (minimum 500 attempts): 101.2
    Highest passer rating, season (minimum 200 attempts): 110.9, 2018
    Highest passer rating, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 100.0
    Highest passer rating, game (minimum 10 attempts): 158.3, 2018
    Highest completion percentage, career (minimum 500 attempts): 64.5
    Highest completion percentage, season (minimum 200 attempts): 68.1, 2015
    Highest completion percentage, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 64.1
    Highest yards per attempt, career (minimum 500 attempts): 7.87
    Highest yards per attempt, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 7.93
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, career (minimum 500 attempts): 1.80
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 2.5
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, career: 3,993
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, season: 849, 2014[
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, rookie season: 489
    Highest yard rushing average, career (minimum 400 attempts): 5.6
    Highest yard rushing average, season (minimum 100 attempts): 7.2
    Most wins by a starting quarterback, season (tied with Matt Hasselbeck): 13, 2013
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season – 4 (2012 and 2013) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most game winning drives in a single season – 5 (2012, 2013 and 2014) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most passing yards, career: 29,734
    Most passing yards, season: 4,219, 2016
    Most passing yards, rookie season: 3,118
    Most passing yards, game: 452 on October 29, 2017
    Most passing touchdowns, career: 227
    Most passing touchdowns, season: 35, 2018
    Most passing touchdowns, rookie season: 26
    Most passing touchdowns, game (tied with three players): 5 on November 29, 2015; December 13, 2015 and November 3, 2020
    Most pass completions, season: 353, 2016
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, career: 111
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, career: 72
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, career: 31
    Most games, 4+ passing TD's, career: 10
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, career: 3 (tied with Dave Krieg)
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, season (tied with Dave Krieg): 16, 2015
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, season: 13, 2018
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, season: 7, 2018
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, season: 2, 2015
    Best touchdown pass–interception differential, rookie season: +16 (26 TDs, 10 INTs) (2nd NFL history)
    First and only quarterback to throw 4,000+ passing yards in a season (2015, 2016 and 2019)


    your missing a couple of things, that said does not change the fact it could have been better, and we could have done better as a team with some minor tweaking. I mean there should be nothing wrong in wanting more, with striving for more and to strive to be even better


    Sure, there is nothing wrong with wanting more. Unfortunately, some people can never seem to see how good things really are and they seem to never be satisfied.

    In 7 of the 10 seasons under PC, the Seahawks were one game away from the Superbowl. In 2 of those 7 seasons they made the Superbowl. That is a record that almost every other team in the NFL would love to have.

    Russell Wilson is one of the elite QB playing this game....or has played this game. To even imply that his career is "being wasted" is a ridiculous joke. To believe he would be even more successful under a different system or a different coach is nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation without any basis what-so-ever.

    As long as the team has winning records and make the playoffs, PC is not going anywhere. The team will most likely continue to win and make the playoffs and maybe even reach another Superbowl. When the winning stops, then maybe you will have a point. Until then......

    So go ahead and continue with your wishful thinking on some fantasy built in your head of what "could be". Nobody really cares. Myself, I will enjoy the "winning". I will be thankful for what the team has accomplish and not be in a self-induced depression because they did not meet MY expectations.
    Nunya_
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:43 am


  • Nunya_ wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Nunya_ wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:
    Was just about to post this. Literally wasting his career


    Yep....what a wasted career:

    Awards

    7× Pro Bowl (2012–2015, 2017–2019)
    Second-team All-Pro (2019)
    NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month (December 2012)
    9× NFC Offensive Player of the Week
    Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (Week 10, 2012)
    Offensive Player of the Year finalist (2016)
    PFWA Good Guy Award (2014)
    3× FedEx Air Player of the Week
    2x Steve Largent Award (2012, 2018)

    NFL records

    Most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie: 385
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first two seasons (24); most total wins in first two seasons (28, including playoffs)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first three seasons: 36
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first four seasons: 46
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 56 (tied with Matt Ryan)
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 65
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first seven seasons: 75
    Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first eight seasons: 86 (tied with Tom Brady)
    First quarterback to throw for 300+ yards and rush for 100+ yards in a single game (vs St. Louis Rams) (10/19/14)
    Most games 1+ passing touchdowns, season (tied with twelve other players): 16, 2015
    Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 5, 2015
    2nd highest passer rating, career (minimum 1,500 attempts): 101.2 (Aaron Rodgers - 102.4)
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback to have a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five consecutive games
    First and the only quarterback in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing touchdowns, and 500+ rushing yards in the same season (2015).
    The shortest quarterback in NFL history to start (XLVIII, XLIX) and win a Super Bowl (XLVIII).
    First black quarterback to start in multiple Super Bowls.

    Seattle Seahawks records

    Highest passer rating, career (minimum 500 attempts): 101.2
    Highest passer rating, season (minimum 200 attempts): 110.9, 2018
    Highest passer rating, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 100.0
    Highest passer rating, game (minimum 10 attempts): 158.3, 2018
    Highest completion percentage, career (minimum 500 attempts): 64.5
    Highest completion percentage, season (minimum 200 attempts): 68.1, 2015
    Highest completion percentage, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 64.1
    Highest yards per attempt, career (minimum 500 attempts): 7.87
    Highest yards per attempt, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 7.93
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, career (minimum 500 attempts): 1.80
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, rookie season (minimum 200 attempts): 2.5
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, career: 3,993
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, season: 849, 2014[
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, rookie season: 489
    Highest yard rushing average, career (minimum 400 attempts): 5.6
    Highest yard rushing average, season (minimum 100 attempts): 7.2
    Most wins by a starting quarterback, season (tied with Matt Hasselbeck): 13, 2013
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season – 4 (2012 and 2013) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most game winning drives in a single season – 5 (2012, 2013 and 2014) (tied with Matt Hasselbeck and Dave Krieg)
    Most passing yards, career: 29,734
    Most passing yards, season: 4,219, 2016
    Most passing yards, rookie season: 3,118
    Most passing yards, game: 452 on October 29, 2017
    Most passing touchdowns, career: 227
    Most passing touchdowns, season: 35, 2018
    Most passing touchdowns, rookie season: 26
    Most passing touchdowns, game (tied with three players): 5 on November 29, 2015; December 13, 2015 and November 3, 2020
    Most pass completions, season: 353, 2016
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, career: 111
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, career: 72
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, career: 31
    Most games, 4+ passing TD's, career: 10
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, career: 3 (tied with Dave Krieg)
    Most games, 1+ passing TD's, season (tied with Dave Krieg): 16, 2015
    Most games, 2+ passing TD's, season: 13, 2018
    Most games, 3+ passing TD's, season: 7, 2018
    Most games, 5+ passing TD's, season: 2, 2015
    Best touchdown pass–interception differential, rookie season: +16 (26 TDs, 10 INTs) (2nd NFL history)
    First and only quarterback to throw 4,000+ passing yards in a season (2015, 2016 and 2019)


    your missing a couple of things, that said does not change the fact it could have been better, and we could have done better as a team with some minor tweaking. I mean there should be nothing wrong in wanting more, with striving for more and to strive to be even better


    Sure, there is nothing wrong with wanting more. Unfortunately, some people can never seem to see how good things really are and they seem to never be satisfied.

    In 7 of the 10 seasons under PC, the Seahawks were one game away from the Superbowl. In 2 of those 7 seasons they made the Superbowl. That is a record that almost every other team in the NFL would love to have.

    Russell Wilson is one of the elite QB playing this game....or has played this game. To even imply that his career is "being wasted" is a ridiculous joke. To believe he would be even more successful under a different system or a different coach is nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation without any basis what-so-ever.

    As long as the team has winning records and make the playoffs, PC is not going anywhere. The team will most likely continue to win and make the playoffs and maybe even reach another Superbowl. When the winning stops, then maybe you will have a point. Until then......

    So go ahead and continue with your wishful thinking on some fantasy built in your head of what "could be". Nobody really cares. Myself, I will enjoy the "winning". I will be thankful for what the team has accomplish and not be in a self-induced depression because they did not meet MY expectations.



    Ahh yes as along as we are over 500 who cares if we are never serious SB contenders again. You be HAPPY with not getting back to the SB. But I and I am sure the players will always look for more. The goal is the SB not just being over 500.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Ahh yes as along as we are over 500 who cares if we are never serious SB contenders again. You be HAPPY with not getting back to the SB. But I and I am sure the players will always look for more. The goal is the SB not just being over 500.


    Stop it with the strawman arguments. That is not what I said or even implied. Is your argument that pathetic that all you can do is twist people's words and then use that false narrative to make some lame point?

    1. In the last 10 seasons, we had 8 winning season. The only 2 losing seasons were the first 2 under Carroll during rebuilding.
    2. In the last 10 seasons, we have had 7 seasons with double digit regular season wins.
    3. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone to the Superbowl twice and won one....and were a play away from winning the other.
    4. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone from a mediocre team to being a team considered to be one of the best in the league.
    5. In the last 10 seasons, we have won the Division 4 times.
    6. In the last 10 seasons, we have made the playoffs 8 times.

    So....no....this has nothing to do with just being a better than .500 team.

    Based on the team performance in the past 10 years, I have confidence that we not only have a chance to make the SB, but even win the SB.....and we have that chance every season. However, I do not live in a fantasy world of unrealistic expectations. I understand that just making the SB is a daunting task....no matter how good the team is. Carroll has proven season after season that the Seahawks can and are competitive.

    So, what is YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we make the SB next season? I'll even make it easier for you....just explain YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we "have more" than what we already have.
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Nunya wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Ahh yes as along as we are over 500 who cares if we are never serious SB contenders again. You be HAPPY with not getting back to the SB. But I and I am sure the players will always look for more. The goal is the SB not just being over 500.


    Stop it with the strawman arguments. That is not what I said or even implied. Is your argument that pathetic that all you can do is twist people's words and then use that false narrative to make some lame point?

    1. In the last 10 seasons, we had 8 winning season. The only 2 losing seasons were the first 2 under Carroll during rebuilding.
    2. In the last 10 seasons, we have had 7 seasons with double digit regular season wins.
    3. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone to the Superbowl twice and won one....and were a play away from winning the other.
    4. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone from a mediocre team to being a team considered to be one of the best in the league.
    5. In the last 10 seasons, we have won the Division 4 times.
    6. In the last 10 seasons, we have made the playoffs 8 times.

    So....no....this has nothing to do with just being a better than .500 team.

    Based on the team performance in the past 10 years, I have confidence that we not only have a chance to make the SB, but even win the SB.....and we have that chance every season. However, I do not live in a fantasy world of unrealistic expectations. I understand that just making the SB is a daunting task....no matter how good the team is. Carroll has proven season after season that the Seahawks can and are competitive.

    So, what is YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we make the SB next season? I'll even make it easier for you....just explain YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we "have more" than what we already have.

    Great question Nunya. He'll go one of two routes here. He'll either ignore you and never respond or say that those things are not his job but rather the job of the coaches. Oh wait, I suppose he could make yet another false assertion that we'd have 2 like more Super Bowls if Pete didn't just "play it safe in the first half" because you know, Pete has said that dontcha know?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Nunya wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Ahh yes as along as we are over 500 who cares if we are never serious SB contenders again. You be HAPPY with not getting back to the SB. But I and I am sure the players will always look for more. The goal is the SB not just being over 500.


    Stop it with the strawman arguments. That is not what I said or even implied. Is your argument that pathetic that all you can do is twist people's words and then use that false narrative to make some lame point?

    1. In the last 10 seasons, we had 8 winning season. The only 2 losing seasons were the first 2 under Carroll during rebuilding.
    2. In the last 10 seasons, we have had 7 seasons with double digit regular season wins.
    3. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone to the Superbowl twice and won one....and were a play away from winning the other.
    4. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone from a mediocre team to being a team considered to be one of the best in the league.
    5. In the last 10 seasons, we have won the Division 4 times.
    6. In the last 10 seasons, we have made the playoffs 8 times.

    So....no....this has nothing to do with just being a better than .500 team.

    Based on the team performance in the past 10 years, I have confidence that we not only have a chance to make the SB, but even win the SB.....and we have that chance every season. However, I do not live in a fantasy world of unrealistic expectations. I understand that just making the SB is a daunting task....no matter how good the team is. Carroll has proven season after season that the Seahawks can and are competitive.

    So, what is YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we make the SB next season? I'll even make it easier for you....just explain YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we "have more" than what we already have.


    nothing in the last 5 years shows we are sniffing the Sb but let's keep going with what has not gotten us there over the last 5 years. Now despite the fact I have made it very clears what I would do, I will say it again. Simple go change tempo/uptempo from the start fo the game till the end. pretty simple, FYi I am not the only one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMcZv1dA1bQ

    "Seattle Seahawks
    Make Pete Carroll and Brian Schottenheimer take a blood vow to let Russell Wilson cook in 2020. Make a solemn promise to get out of his way and to run the offense through his arm and legs. You'll thank me later." https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-offseason-outlook-first-order-of-business-for-each-of-the-32-nfl-teams/
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Nunya wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Ahh yes as along as we are over 500 who cares if we are never serious SB contenders again. You be HAPPY with not getting back to the SB. But I and I am sure the players will always look for more. The goal is the SB not just being over 500.


    Stop it with the strawman arguments. That is not what I said or even implied. Is your argument that pathetic that all you can do is twist people's words and then use that false narrative to make some lame point?

    1. In the last 10 seasons, we had 8 winning season. The only 2 losing seasons were the first 2 under Carroll during rebuilding.
    2. In the last 10 seasons, we have had 7 seasons with double digit regular season wins.
    3. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone to the Superbowl twice and won one....and were a play away from winning the other.
    4. In the last 10 seasons, we have gone from a mediocre team to being a team considered to be one of the best in the league.
    5. In the last 10 seasons, we have won the Division 4 times.
    6. In the last 10 seasons, we have made the playoffs 8 times.

    So....no....this has nothing to do with just being a better than .500 team.

    Based on the team performance in the past 10 years, I have confidence that we not only have a chance to make the SB, but even win the SB.....and we have that chance every season. However, I do not live in a fantasy world of unrealistic expectations. I understand that just making the SB is a daunting task....no matter how good the team is. Carroll has proven season after season that the Seahawks can and are competitive.

    So, what is YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we make the SB next season? I'll even make it easier for you....just explain YOUR plan that would GUARANTEE that we "have more" than what we already have.


    nothing in the last 5 years shows we are sniffing the Sb but let's keep going with what has not gotten us there over the last 5 years. Now despite the fact I have made it very clears what I would do, I will say it again. Simple go change tempo/uptempo from the start fo the game till the end. pretty simple, FYi I am not the only one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMcZv1dA1bQ

    "Seattle Seahawks
    Make Pete Carroll and Brian Schottenheimer take a blood vow to let Russell Wilson cook in 2020. Make a solemn promise to get out of his way and to run the offense through his arm and legs. You'll thank me later." https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-offseason-outlook-first-order-of-business-for-each-of-the-32-nfl-teams/


    Well, golly gee. You should email every head coach in the league and tell them that all they have to do to become a #1 offence is to go up tempo. I'm surprised that nobody figured it out except you and a couple of people on the internet. And since somebody posted in on the internet then it must be right. (now that is how you do a strawman).

    :sarcasm_off:

    Do you know why and how up tempo works? It is because the plays involved no substitutions. If the offence does not substitute, then the officials will not delay play to allow the defense to substitute. If the offence substitute even one player then, by rules, the defense is allowed to substitute as many player as they want....and the official will stand over the ball until the defensive players are on the field and ready for play. So, it is a little difficult to go up tempo if you want to change personnel.

    Do you also know why very few teams will use up tempo for very long in the first half? It is because they NEED to make substitutions to prevent their players from getting "gassed". Having your offensive players completely worn out in the 1st half is not a good idea.....not to mention that overly tired players tend to get hurt. This has been proven over and over again and is THE reason why skill players on the offence are substituted often.....especially in the 1st half.

    In regards to your video and blog article links: Mike Florio is a putz. He only hears what he wants to hear....but then what does one expect from a lawyer.

    Case in Point: Here is the WHOLE interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr-3zceBLaQ

    Russell did not say that they needed to use more up tempo. He said the problems with the offense are something that they need to figure out in the off-season (starts at 5:30). In fact, the interview you posted had some very creative editing (pretty much took out most of Russell's response) that made Russell appear to say something he did not.....the same thing that you keep saying Russell said. And Russell certainly did not say he "wanted more freedom with the offense".

    Peter King and Chris Simms know football......Florio only writes about football. They explained quite well that there are other major concerns. Like a defense that could not get off the field. Or the need for a play-making TE.

    None of the things that you argue were in that interview.....well not without creative editing anyway.

    p.s. 4 playoff appearances in the last 5 years and getting to the Division round in the 3 of those seasons are certainly "sniffing" the SB.
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • John63 wrote:And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    That is such a ridiculous comment that I am almost at a loss of words (but only almost).

    So....what are you saying? That a team's only measure of success is whether they make the Conference round? I'm guessing the Conference round is your "red line", because we made the Divisional round in 3 of the past 5 seasons. You expect that season after season? If the team does not meet your (unrealistic) expectations then the coaches are a failure, that their game plan sucks, and that they need to be replaced? Do you realize how difficult it is for a team to just make the playoffs, let alone make it to the Conference round?
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Fade wrote:112 to 13

    -99 point differential in the 1st half! :shock:

    Pete finally recognized it after the latest whooping, so maybe it might change. Maybe.


    Holy smokes, is it really that lopsided??!!

    Knew our first half was garbage but not that garbage. Ouch.

    RW is right now one of the top 3 QB's in the entire league who could likely dominate even more if allowed to do so but the current scheme just doesn't seem to be quite the right fit.
    RW4LIFE
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    Russell Wilson alone cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl, and never has. We had one of the most complete rosters in league history in 2013 and you're telling me that losing that talent made no difference? I'm far more likely to attribute our struggles to a lack of defensive and WR talent than I am solely to a playcalling style.

    Why does everything have to be about the playcalling style? Why has it been made the lone decider of NFL success, the axis upon which the world turns, the decider of the stock market fates, and the glue of William and Kate's marriage? What sense does this utter preoccupation make?
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17312
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


  • John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.



    Winning and sniffing are entirely different things.

    Your insistence on spouting hyperbolic nonsense consistently to make a point some may agree with has the opposite effect you may intend.

    Unless it's just trolling or manic anxiety. Then it's fair.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    Russell Wilson alone cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl, and never has. We had one of the most complete rosters in league history in 2013 and you're telling me that losing that talent made no difference? I'm far more likely to attribute our struggles to a lack of defensive and WR talent than I am solely to a playcalling style.

    Why does everything have to be about the playcalling style? Why has it been made the lone decider of NFL success, the axis upon which the world turns, the decider of the stock market fates, and the glue of William and Kate's marriage? What sense does this utter preoccupation make?



    It's an agenda ridden narrative. When some cannot grasp the intricacies of so many moving parts to a greater good, they compartmentalize them and then compare them against each other.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    Russell Wilson alone cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl, and never has. We had one of the most complete rosters in league history in 2013 and you're telling me that losing that talent made no difference? I'm far more likely to attribute our struggles to a lack of defensive and WR talent than I am solely to a playcalling style.

    Why does everything have to be about the playcalling style? Why has it been made the lone decider of NFL success, the axis upon which the world turns, the decider of the stock market fates, and the glue of William and Kate's marriage? What sense does this utter preoccupation make?


    Because some people only have myopic views. They see the trees, but can not see the forest. They feel the need to focus their blame in one spot...or one person and that idea becomes cast in granite.
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • It was a rhetorical question, guys. ;)
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17312
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


  • I’m more than willing to try uptempo. Note that Bevell tried it a few times with poor results, but I’m willing to try again. If it simplifies coverages and forces Russ to use his feet early in games, it could work really well. The downside, however is that we win a ton of games by keeping them close, limiting mistakes, and let Russ win late. It’s a proven formula. By going uptempo, if it doesn’t work, you’ll tire your defense and end up having no chance. We don’t like to have no chance. Pete’s biggest rule is to do whatever it takes to make sure that at minimum, Russ has a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

    My guess, is that it ultimately isn’t successful because I don’t think it addresses the problem that creates our slow starts. I believe our problem is that Russ is simply gunshy until he gets into the game with his feet and gets that sweat and adrenaline going. I hope I’m wrong.

    Everybody knows QBs with a top-5 salary don’t win Super Bowls. Only once in the past 20 Super Bowls. We will have to wait until the tail end of his contract.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4600
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • RW4LIFE wrote:
    Fade wrote:112 to 13

    -99 point differential in the 1st half! :shock:

    Pete finally recognized it after the latest whooping, so maybe it might change. Maybe.


    Holy smokes, is it really that lopsided??!!

    Knew our first half was garbage but not that garbage. Ouch.

    RW is right now one of the top 3 QB's in the entire league who could likely dominate even more if allowed to do so but the current scheme just doesn't seem to be quite the right fit.


    But hey guys it does not matter we have a winning record, we make the playoff almost every year and that is all that matter. No need to make any changes in the Hope's it can make us, dare I day better. sarcasm off, the pathetic part is some here still dont see how getting better, going father is a good thing.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    Russell Wilson alone cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl, and never has. We had one of the most complete rosters in league history in 2013 and you're telling me that losing that talent made no difference? I'm far more likely to attribute our struggles to a lack of defensive and WR talent than I am solely to a playcalling style.

    Why does everything have to be about the playcalling style? Why has it been made the lone decider of NFL success, the axis upon which the world turns, the decider of the stock market fates, and the glue of William and Kate's marriage? What sense does this utter preoccupation make?


    How do you know when we have not tried yet. As to why, because anyone with eyes can see it's an issue.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Well for a bunch of people trying to day I am myoptic ot cant see trees despite whatever your willing to quickly, and completely ignore even the possibility what I and others are saying makes most of what you are calling me to be a pot calling the kettle. Amazing how complacent most of you are with things. I provide experts supporting what I say, you provide nothing, and still refuse to even consider what I and others are saying could be right. How laughable
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:Well for a bunch of people trying to day I am myoptic ot cant see trees despite whatever your willing to quickly, and completely ignore even the possibility what I and others are saying makes most of what you are calling me to be a pot calling the kettle. Amazing how complacent most of you are with things. I provide experts supporting what I say, you provide nothing, and still refuse to even consider what I and others are saying could be right. How laughable


    Lol....you did not provide experts supporting what you say. You provided a selective edited interview from a lawyer (who couldn't hold a job at ESPN for even a week) that thinks he is a sports writer, who then used that edited clip to claim that RW said something that he did not even come close to saying.

    I have been on forums for a loooong time. One thing is consistent. There is always a jacknut that thinks they have all the answer and present simple solutions to a complicated problem. I was on the Seattle Times forum when Carroll was hired. There was a jacknut on there to made post after post trying to convince everybody how horrible the signing was. He used stats and edited videos to show how PC would never be successful as a head coach in the NFL. When RW was drafted, that same jacknut swore up and down that a 5'11" QB would never be successful in the NFL. When RW was chosen as the starter over Flynn, the jacknut became livid and declared that this was proof that PC had no clue on what he was doing. When anybody provided facts and/or logic to dispute this jacknut's views, he would use strawman arguments, twist the words of others, try to shame other posters, and would resort to personal attacks. He was always wrong about everything, yet he was so fixated and locked into his own opinion that there was never any chance of convincing him. All he saw were trees. The only positive about people like this is that they do keep a forum active.

    You say "well, we don't know until we try". That is myopic right there. It has been tried and analysed....by many teams. Chip Kelly's whole success was the up tempo game.....in college. He tried to use it in the NFL but he was not dealing with college teams with only a handful of NFL caliber players.....and we all know how that worked out. There is one thing that was consistent with Kelly's up tempo offense. Almost EVERY QB that played under Kelly suffered a knee/hamstring injury or some other serious injury. Roper and Costa in 2009. Costa again in 2010. Darron Thomas in 2011. Mariota escaped in 2012, but did not escape a knee injury in 2013 (even though Kelly was gone in 2013, Helfrich was still using Kelly's offence). At the NFL level, Vick in 2013 (hamstring). Foles in 2014 (collarbone). Bradford in 2015 (concussion/shoulder). The ONLY season where Kelly did not have an injured QB was 2016.

    So....sure....going up tempo early in the game makes complete sense. Let's tire out the offense in the 1st half....score quickly so that our defense is on the field more. And let's make sure Wilson does more and takes more chances....after all, he hasn't been hurt.....YET. :34853_doh:

    Hey, I get it and I do respect your zeal and desire to see improvement to the team. I really do. However, you are focusing on simplicity when things are not so simple. You are only looking a potential positive results of specific actions while ignoring the potential negative results. If only pro football was that easy.

    However, I feel it is completely dishonest of you to imply that other fans are satisfied with mediocrity just because we are not buying what you are selling. Absolutely NOBODY is saying that....except YOU.

    This season, the Seahawks were not able to escape the one thing that can always bring down a powerful team.....injuries. Our best TE (Dickson) never played all season and our other TEs rotated on being hurt. We lost our starting Center (and captain of the OL) mid-season. Our #2 center (Pocic) was out all season. Other OL-men were in and out quite often....Hayes, Iupati, Fluker, Hunt, Knox (out whole season), and Simmons were all injured and missed games at some point. We lost every single RB we had except for a rookie 6th round pick. Though our #1 WR (Lockett) played all 16 games, he was hurt for 3 of those games. Our LB corp was often injured and I think there was only a handful of games where all 3 starters played at the same time. The DLine was similar and had starters out for a lot of the season. And the DB corp was in a constant flux of rotation just to field enough players.

    I too would certainly like to see improvements on both sides of the ball next season. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Carroll (and other coaches/players) can not or will not make those adjustments. We are kind of in a rebuilding process after losing many star players in the past 2 years. We are still looking for a serviceable RB. We might have found one in Carson/Penny, but they do us no good if hurt throughout most of the season. We need a good solid TE that can also block. Maybe Dickson will fill that role when he is healthy. The OLine can still use improvement. The Defense needs improvements at all 3 levels, especially in the pass rush and the DBs. The ONLY area where we are solid (at the moment) is QB and WR.
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:It was a rhetorical question, guys. ;)


    No such thing on an internet forum. :mrgreen:
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Nunya wrote:............We lost our starting Center (and captain of the OL) mid-season. Our #2 center (Pocic) was out all season. Other OL-men were in and out quite often....Hayes, Iupati, Fluker, Hunt, Knox (out whole season), and Simmons were all injured and missed games at some point........

    Just a reminder............you left out our #1 offensive lineman in your injury list, Duane Brown. What did he miss, like 3 games?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Nunya wrote:............We lost our starting Center (and captain of the OL) mid-season. Our #2 center (Pocic) was out all season. Other OL-men were in and out quite often....Hayes, Iupati, Fluker, Hunt, Knox (out whole season), and Simmons were all injured and missed games at some point........

    Just a reminder............you left out our #1 offensive lineman in your injury list, Duane Brown. What did he miss, like 3 games?


    How could I forget about Duane???? Thought I included him. Guess not.
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.



    Winning and sniffing are entirely different things.

    Your insistence on spouting hyperbolic nonsense consistently to make a point some may agree with has the opposite effect you may intend.

    Unless it's just trolling or manic anxiety. Then it's fair.

    It's manic D-Bag. His pride gets damaged because the Hawks didn't make it to the SB. Probably guaranteed they would to acquaintances and now gets mocked incessantly over how wrong his "Hot Takes" are. His only outlet is to come here and spout "footbally" stuff he heard other people say. They were angry too, so they must be right! Ask him to drill down any deeper than his "footbally" sayings and he gets even angrier goes on the super straw man attack. It's quite comical really. I expect him to stroke out mid sentence one of these days.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


  • OrangeGravy wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.



    Winning and sniffing are entirely different things.

    Your insistence on spouting hyperbolic nonsense consistently to make a point some may agree with has the opposite effect you may intend.

    Unless it's just trolling or manic anxiety. Then it's fair.

    It's manic D-Bag. His pride gets damaged because the Hawks didn't make it to the SB. Probably guaranteed they would to acquaintances and now gets mocked incessantly over how wrong his "Hot Takes" are. His only outlet is to come here and spout "footbally" stuff he heard other people say. They were angry too, so they must be right! Ask him to drill down any deeper than his "footbally" sayings and he gets even angrier goes on the super straw man attack. It's quite comical really. I expect him to stroke out mid sentence one of these days.

    :snack:
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • John63 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl? These are dumb narratives. The Seahawks have been the most consistently competitive team in the NFC for the last 8 years.

    One drive away from playing a team in the NFC championship the team had already beat?



    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    Russell Wilson alone cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl, and never has. We had one of the most complete rosters in league history in 2013 and you're telling me that losing that talent made no difference? I'm far more likely to attribute our struggles to a lack of defensive and WR talent than I am solely to a playcalling style.

    Why does everything have to be about the playcalling style? Why has it been made the lone decider of NFL success, the axis upon which the world turns, the decider of the stock market fates, and the glue of William and Kate's marriage? What sense does this utter preoccupation make?


    How do you know when we have not tried yet. As to why, because anyone with eyes can see it's an issue.


    You're acting like it's the ONLY issue.

    Yes, you are.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17312
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

    And yet they did not do it, and have not since 2014. So hey lets keep going......no place and not even try something that when done always works. Instead let's keep doing what has not worked for 5 years.


    Russell Wilson alone cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl, and never has. We had one of the most complete rosters in league history in 2013 and you're telling me that losing that talent made no difference? I'm far more likely to attribute our struggles to a lack of defensive and WR talent than I am solely to a playcalling style.

    Why does everything have to be about the playcalling style? Why has it been made the lone decider of NFL success, the axis upon which the world turns, the decider of the stock market fates, and the glue of William and Kate's marriage? What sense does this utter preoccupation make?


    How do you know when we have not tried yet. As to why, because anyone with eyes can see it's an issue.


    You're acting like it's the ONLY issue.

    Yes, you are.


    No I have in other threads discussed other issues, in the threads that are appropriate for them, such as the thread about LJ , and tbthtead about cap space. But this is a thread about Wilson and passing so of course I am talking about the relevant issue.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2588
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online