Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Bellore

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Nick Bellore
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 am
  • I guess we had a Fullback on our team this past year. He played in 2 games, for like a snap each. Seems like a waste of a roster spot imo.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Re: Nick Bellore
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 am
  • He's a good player who should have played more than he did. Russ could have used the better protection AND Nick can catch the ball, so he could have provided a more powerful 3rd down outlet option.
    Remember when we had Williams? He was one of my fave Seahawks. Hated when he left. That guy was gold standard. He was the quiet type but I enjoyed visiting with him after a big Raiders game at the Dome that sent us into the playoffs.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm
  • Special Teams guy a la the linebacker who never played linebacker whose name escapes me wasnt he?

Edit: Heath Farwell google reliable informs me, while were at it Maragos never played safety either.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:08 pm
  • Fullbacks are going to trend with the 49ers' success. Anyone can see how critical Juice was on those, either by himself or teamed with Kittle.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:37 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Fullbacks are going to trend with the 49ers' success. Anyone can see how critical Juice was on those, either by himself or teamed with Kittle.

There is a general resurgance of the running game in the NFL. I like to think that Pete and the Seahawks were the start of it all, though there are some teams that never really got totally away from it.

If you really want to win a lot of games, and win them in crunch time, the old school ways still count for something. That means being able to run the ball when you need to, and basics like blocking and tackling.

For a good running game, having that extra blocker in the backfield, a guy who can also catch passes and even occasionally take a handoff can be a big plus.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:46 pm
  • Scored an important td late in the season and was a core special teams player. Not everyone on the 53 can be a star, you need worker bees too.
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:He played in 2 games,.

Well that's just incorrect. He played in 14 games.
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:13 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Fullbacks are going to trend with the 49ers' success. Anyone can see how critical Juice was on those, either by himself or teamed with Kittle.

Last year the Patriots used their FB to success. It is a position that begs for creative use.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:53 pm
  • KinesProf wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:He played in 2 games,.

Well that's just incorrect. He played in 14 games.

:sarcasm_on:
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:00 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Special Teams guy a la the linebacker who never played linebacker whose name escapes me wasnt he?

Edit: Heath Farwell google reliable informs me, while were at it Maragos never played safety either.

Heath Farwell came in at LB on a last second goal line play against the Rams a few years back, and made the game-saving tackle, along with Earl Thomas. So he was 1 for 1 on key plays in his LB stint.

Chris Maragos did get a few snaps at safety, but that was not necessarily a good thing.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm
  • Well for those that want to remember our running game was much better with Michael Robinson leading the way for Beastmode.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information