Nick Bellore

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I guess we had a Fullback on our team this past year. He played in 2 games, for like a snap each. Seems like a waste of a roster spot imo.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
He's a good player who should have played more than he did. Russ could have used the better protection AND Nick can catch the ball, so he could have provided a more powerful 3rd down outlet option.
Remember when we had Williams? He was one of my fave Seahawks. Hated when he left. That guy was gold standard. He was the quiet type but I enjoyed visiting with him after a big Raiders game at the Dome that sent us into the playoffs.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Special Teams guy a la the linebacker who never played linebacker whose name escapes me wasnt he?

Edit: Heath Farwell google reliable informs me, while were at it Maragos never played safety either.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Fullbacks are going to trend with the 49ers' success. Anyone can see how critical Juice was on those, either by himself or teamed with Kittle.

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1gkqv802 said:
Fullbacks are going to trend with the 49ers' success. Anyone can see how critical Juice was on those, either by himself or teamed with Kittle.
There is a general resurgance of the running game in the NFL. I like to think that Pete and the Seahawks were the start of it all, though there are some teams that never really got totally away from it.

If you really want to win a lot of games, and win them in crunch time, the old school ways still count for something. That means being able to run the ball when you need to, and basics like blocking and tackling.

For a good running game, having that extra blocker in the backfield, a guy who can also catch passes and even occasionally take a handoff can be a big plus.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Scored an important td late in the season and was a core special teams player. Not everyone on the 53 can be a star, you need worker bees too.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2bcuqd8t said:

Last year the Patriots used their FB to success. It is a position that begs for creative use.

olyfan63

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3u9cup7y said:
Special Teams guy a la the linebacker who never played linebacker whose name escapes me wasnt he?

Edit: Heath Farwell google reliable informs me, while were at it Maragos never played safety either.

Heath Farwell came in at LB on a last second goal line play against the Rams a few years back, and made the game-saving tackle, along with Earl Thomas. So he was 1 for 1 on key plays in his LB stint.

Chris Maragos did get a few snaps at safety, but that was not necessarily a good thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well for those that want to remember our running game was much better with Michael Robinson leading the way for Beastmode.