LJ Collier and Marquise Blair

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Man, I’m still upset Seattle drafted these guys.

No contributions at all.

PC cannot continue drafting lames like these two in early rounds.

Pathetic.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I wouldn't write off Blair so quickly. I think there's still a lot of potential there. He was hurt, was just starting to get in the games and then Diggs came along. He'll have a hard time cracking the starting lineup next year too, but I'll only be disappointed if they don't find a way for him to get on the field a good bit. If he can be a strong third safety and then move into McDougald's spot the following year, I'll be happy.

Collier on the other hand . . .

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Pete loves to tout how he plays Rookies and they come into their own by the end of the year, but he was so weird about certain players this year. Really hope Collier is not a bust considering he got virtually no play-time this year, could he really be that awful in practice?

JGreen79

Reaction score
Both players were rookies that had early injuries and one of them started three games while also being a contributor on ST. Not quite ready to pull the Bust card out on these two.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I see a lot of Big12 football and I was shocked by the Collier pick last year. Thought there were better options even just in that conference, let alone the whole frikken country. But I'd love to see him prove me wrong.
IMO any time your #1 pick is a virtual no show, that's a bust.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Blair had made some splash plays and looks much better than Tedric or Lano have ever looked. As for Collier, I'm going to guess he just needs to train harder and earn his spot.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Blair looked dynamic yet raw. With experience I think he could be quite good but there's going to be some ups and downs with him yet. Collier we simply haven't seen anything as yet so I can't call either of them a bust, far from it but very much incomplete grades as yet

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
How did Rasheem Green do his first year with us when he had a full off-season to come up-to-speed? Also almost invisible. This past year? Not too bad.

I'd be patient with Collier. Not because he's a sure thing, but because he's not likely a sure-bust.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Blair pick was very discouraging to see, especially after they traded for Quandre Diggs.

Either Blair is going to replace McDougald at some point or he’s never going to see the field.

I can’t see Diggs leaving. The guy is a baller.

McDougald is also a playmaker and I see no roles for Blair as long as Bradley and Quandre are on the team.

Collier, they can find a role for him but the Blair pick really sucks right now cause he’s not gonna see the field when they could have drafted a different contributor.

Smh.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ez1rrakk said:
McDougald is also a playmaker and I see no roles for Blair as long as Bradley and Quandre are on the team.

Collier, they can find a role for him but the Blair pick really sucks right now cause he’s not gonna see the field when they could have drafted a different contributor.

Smh.

I can't fault the Blair pick. We didn't have Diggs at the time. We were fortunate to get Diggs at a really ridiculous price. In that case, I feel like it doesn't so much as suck because Blair's not going to see the field -- but instead AWESOME that we got Diggs.

I look at it this way: We spent a 2nd round and next year's 5th round picks on safeties. We got Diggs and Blair out of that draft capital spend. That's pretty good. Blair has time to develop, and in the short term he's probably going to be a good backup/depth guy. Especially if he improves in his second season.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":wibpnlci said:
TheLegendOfBoom":wibpnlci said:

Smh.

I can't fault the Blair pick. We didn't have Diggs at the time. We were fortunate to get Diggs at a really ridiculous price. In that case, I feel like it doesn't so much as suck because Blair's not going to see the field -- but instead AWESOME that we got Diggs.

I look at it this way: We spent a 2nd round and next year's 5th round picks on safeties. We got Diggs and Blair out of that draft capital spend. That's pretty good. Blair has time to develop, and in the short term he's probably going to be a good backup/depth guy. Especially if he improves in his second season.

Yep, having a high quality third safety is nothing to sneeze at. There's always injuries that could get him on the field or simply putting him in for certain packages to get him on the field with the other two or to give one of the other two a rest.

knownone

Reaction score
Both guys are hard to judge at the moment.

Blair flashed massive potential in his brief appearances in the lineup. He looks like a guy who needs some time to learn the scheme before he can be trusted on the field. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls a Kam and becomes a valuable starter in his second season.

Collier is anyone's guess. I'm personally of the belief that Seattle was expecting Montez Sweat to fall to them, when Washington grabbed him they panicked into taking the only other viable DE option. It's the only rational explanation I can think of to explain the pick. Collier at the time wasn't really a need; we had/have a ton of guys on the roster with a similar skill set, but we really had no speed rushers out outside of Martin.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Blair I have some faith in as he looked okay when he played. The fact Collier didnt even play is a bad sign. Could be yet another bust at that position.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
knownone":357sfsz6 said:

Blair flashed massive potential in his brief appearances in the lineup. He looks like a guy who needs some time to learn the scheme before he can be trusted on the field. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls a Kam and becomes a valuable starter in his second season.

Collier is anyone's guess. I'm personally of the belief that Seattle was expecting Montez Sweat to fall to them, when Washington grabbed him they panicked into taking the only other viable DE option. It's the only rational explanation I can think of to explain the pick. Collier at the time wasn't really a need; we had/have a ton of guys on the roster with a similar skill set, but we really had no speed rushers out outside of Martin.
I personally believe the Collier pick was because of the failed McDowell pick.

The Seahawks hope Collier can be the next Michael Bennett.

But watching Collier at TCU, he doesn’t possess quick twitch hands and his rush speed just isn’t up to par with Bennett.

And you can’t go from not fast in college to fast in the NFL.

Even with the limited film this year on Collier, it’s hard to see Collier blazing into QBs next year.

His speed is not there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkGA":30cdt8j3 said:
I wouldn't write off Blair so quickly. I think there's still a lot of potential there. He was hurt, was just starting to get in the games and then Diggs came along. He'll have a hard time cracking the starting lineup next year too, but I'll only be disappointed if they don't find a way for him to get on the field a good bit. If he can be a strong third safety and then move into McDougald's spot the following year, I'll be happy.

Collier on the other hand . . .
Agree with all of this.

kf3339

Reaction score
knownone":3c18gb3z said:

If Montez Sweat was the preferred choice they should have just taken him at 21, and forgot all the trade down crap they do every year. What is so wrong with grabbing a guy to replace Clark on a rookie contract. They still had pick 30 to do the trade down stuff. I really liked what I saw in Sweat the few times I saw him in college. He had 7 sacks his rookie year on a crap team. What number would he have had with Clowney on the other side? Who knows.

This is also not the first time. They traded down in 2017 passing on both TJ Watt for DE and Ramczyk for OT. Instead they went for a head case in McDowell. Our drafts have underwhelmed for the last 4-5 years. That is why we are in this predicament.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's wait until season #3 before writing these players off.

Both players had injury issues early and both players were effectively redshirted. I'd hope we see some more of both early, and that green takes another forward step at DE.

To me if you wanted to name two mnames that have disappointed me they'd be Tedric Thompson and Lano Hill, I'm ready to let both walk.

Jville

Reaction score
Tedric Thompson is a bit of a puzzle to me. He was advertised as a much needed play maker. But, perhaps he simply got on a roll with gambling and guessing during his college career. :229031_shrug: 2020 certainly ended badly for him. And, I would think he finished his year with a confidence problem.

I'm waiting on Collier and Blair to step up in year two. We'll see :biggthumpup:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1cceobn2 said:
The Blair pick was very discouraging to see, especially after they traded for Quandre Diggs.

Either Blair is going to replace McDougald at some point or he’s never going to see the field.

I can’t see Diggs leaving. The guy is a baller.

Smh.

Blair replacing McDougald is a very likely scenario and doesn't leave a whole lot of room for discouragement.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":260jyyuj said:
In your world does April come after October? Because otherwise we got Blair *before* Diggs, not after.