Greg Olsen Signed to 1 Year Deal

zchurch74

Reaction score
add him the the list of FA off season must pick ups! He could be the missing link at TE we have needed. Sign a two year with third year option.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't know if a 34 year old Greg Olson is on my list of must adds. If the front office is looking for a tight end, Hunter Henry is one of the best blocker / receiving TE's in the league. The only downside being his injury concern which is only slightly better than Dissly.

xray

Reaction score
maybe a 1 year deal...fa sometimes asked why ?

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Olsens best years are behind him. Just injury history is well documented. Not taking away from his actual play, I just want the Hawks to go after a younger more stable TE either in FA or the draft. Hope they pass on Olsen.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Nah, we don't have anymore room on IR for another oft injured TE.

sutz

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":9eojg5cy said:
nope, we will draft a TE
Probably, but we'll also look at free agents, too. Just not that one. Count me on the "no more old, oft injured guys" list.

TreeRon

Reaction score
One year low ball deal with all kinds of incentives that'll get him to $8 million or so if he meets them all.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Olsen is done. He's been injured and not earning his salary for the past while now.

There is no doubt that when healthy he's a good player but we've seen how little TE- Dickson with his wonky knees has contributed here. Not interested in repeating that situation with Olsen.

I'd rather draft a solid prospect and develop our own with the guys we have here already, Dissly, Hollister, Willson and the draft pick would be a good group. There are a good number of solid TEs in this draft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like the guy but yeah he seems hurt all the time..
Did Kam take a piece out of him too?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Signing Olson to a minimalist contract doesn't preclude the Hawks from signing/drafting another TE. Let him compete and if he can't...cut him. Very little risk.
That said, I doubt he'd sign anywhere under those conditions so it's moot.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think they have to sign a guy with starting experience. Can't rely on Dissly to play a full season right now. But Olsen can't block. He's essentially a not as good Hollister. I think they'll go with a guy with more of a blocking pedigree.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It's only been two days since the Carolina Panthers and Greg Olsen mutually parted ways, but the veteran tight end may already be eyeing potential landing spots.

Bill Voth, the assistant director of Panthers digital broadcasting, put out a post on Saturday showing Carolina quarterback Cam Newton whispering something to Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.

Perplexed by what the two may be talking about, Voth proposed this question to Twitter: "What could Cam Newton be whispering to Russell Wilson?" Olsen had some thoughts of his own...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1223792979397292032[/tweet]

https://sports.yahoo.com/greg-olsen-sea ... 02233.html

Wartooth

Reaction score
I hope the Hawks aren't thinking about signing another TE that spends more time on IR, than he does on the field.
I'm sure Olsen can still play, but if he misses half the season, or more... What's the point?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I can't see Olsen getting a big contract on the market, he's got the tv gig if he wants it so if he plays it's strictly out of desire for a championship shot. Depending on the dollars it could be a limited downside with high upside signing. It really depends on what other options would cost. I'd prefer a long term fix at te but if the dollars are too high, I wouldn't mind him as part of te group.

massari

Reaction score
Maybe a deal in the Jason Witten range 1 year $4M.

The money they'll free up by cutting Ed Dickson will pay for most of that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Olsen would be a good 2nd or 3rd TE option for that veteran slot, if we can get him for cheap.

Uncle Will's the man, but he's not reliable, so Pete and John should be vetting out any and all TE free agents and potential draft picks. Cause I think we're all tired of seeing 2nd halves of seasons using scrubs and grabbin dudes off the unsigned free agent scrap heap.

Russell LOVES the TE, give the man something to work with.