Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFC West 2020

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
NFC West 2020
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:33 pm
  • Next year ...our division will most likely be the best division in the league . The Hawks will pull it together...AZ with Murray will improve...SF will be back ...and the Lambs will change the sheets . What's your pecking order prediction for next season 2020 :?:
    xray
    NET Veteran

Re: NFC West 2020
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:09 pm
  • It's going to be brutal.

I think the West send 3 teams to the playoffs but I have no idea in which order.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:20 pm
  • Nfc West has represented the NFC in the Superbowl 5 of the last 8 years and my guess is they will next year too. My only hesitation would be they beat themselves up to much in the Division and don't get a top seed.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:25 pm
  • Neither the Rams or 49ers have much cap space.
    Perhaps a trade might be negotiated.
    Since I doubt they'd trade in division could happen, perhaps a diabolical 3 way could be arranged?
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 pm
  • xray wrote:Next year ...our division will most likely be the best division in the league . The Hawks will pull it together...AZ with Murray will improve...SF will be back ...and the Lambs will change the sheets . What's your pecking order prediction for next season 2020 :?:

Everyone at 0 - 0 at the start of the season.

Since we have not had Free Agency yet, the draft, found out who we sign on tenders nor anyone else this is kind of like asking who your going to marry in the 6th grade.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:07 pm
  • Can we get the Dolphins or Jaguars in our division? Every "joke" team in the division has gone to the Super Bowl after picking in the top 5.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:30 am
  • "...this is kind of like asking who your going to marry in the 6th grade."

:lol: Good line chris!
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 am
  • Rams fans will think Rams will win the division.
    Niners fans think the Niners will win the division.
    Seahawks fans will be split 50/50 on winning the division and being a wildcard.
    Cardinals fans are in a tough spot. Might be worth a look to see which of our teams their fans are downgrading to get themselves in the wildcard conversation.

Must be nice to have Russell Wilson - after doubting Seattle the past few years, I doubt anyone will now and for good reason: while I think the Rams and Niners both have higher ceilings as constructed, the Seahawks are almost a playoff lock because of him while either LA or SF will probably miss the playoffs entirely next season.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:50 am
  • Combine, FA, the draft. Way too early. However just take a look at the individual teams and their cap numbers and draft picks and their own FA. SF and LA are not in good shape. Both have small cap numbers and LA has to pay their top CB plus Gurley and his gimp knees. Plus they mortgaged away a lot of draft picks.

SF is going to lose Armstead from that line and they also don't have much cap. They may also lose Sanders.

The Hawks are in decent shape on those first 2 but they have a LOT of free agents. Being a GM these days is quite a job and we shall see who does the best job at it.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:14 am
  • The Russ/PC combo never dips below 9 wins, even in seasons when seemingly everything goes wrong. So that is a nice 'bird in the hand' to enter any season with.

If you do not have an elite QB, which the Rams and 49ers do not, you really need to seize the moment when you catch lightning in a bottle for a season or two - which the 49ers and Rams almost pulled off. But this league has shown that long-term sustainable success is not attainable without an elite qb. And if a big part of how you've won is off the strength of your play calling and design for a non-elite qb, eventually defenses start to counter better.

Kyler is the one who is really going to come on and be a problem.
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:55 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Combine, FA, the draft. Way too early. However just take a look at the individual teams and their cap numbers and draft picks and their own FA. SF and LA are not in good shape. Both have small cap numbers and LA has to pay their top CB plus Gurley and his gimp knees. Plus they mortgaged away a lot of draft picks.

SF is going to lose Armstead from that line and they also don't have much cap. They may also lose Sanders.

The Hawks are in decent shape on those first 2 but they have a LOT of free agents. Being a GM these days is quite a job and we shall see who does the best job at it.

There's also a sizable talent gap between SF/LA and Seattle, so if anything the cap space might help them level that out. I think the Rams can create quite a bit of space with restructures, but we'll see.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Combine, FA, the draft. Way too early. However just take a look at the individual teams and their cap numbers and draft picks and their own FA. SF and LA are not in good shape. Both have small cap numbers and LA has to pay their top CB plus Gurley and his gimp knees. Plus they mortgaged away a lot of draft picks.

There's also a sizable talent gap between SF/LA and Seattle, so if anything the cap space might help them level that out. I think the Rams can create quite a bit of space with restructures, but we'll see.

Explain that "talent gap".

Is it your QB?...who obviously is checkdown Charlie?
    Is it SF's QB who is not even good enough to checkdown properly?
    Is it, you paid so much money to Donald that now you lose Fowler?
    Is it that SF had so many first round picks from sucking that it's time to Pay them and they can't?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:14 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:"...this is kind of like asking who your going to marry in the 6th grade."

:lol: Good line chris!

I thought so too. I literally LOL'd
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:16 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:It's going to be brutal.

I think the West send 3 teams to the playoffs but I have no idea in which order.

I doubt it. There will be too much blood on the floor.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:17 pm
  • KinesProf wrote:The Russ/PC combo never dips below 9 wins, even in seasons when seemingly everything goes wrong. So that is a nice 'bird in the hand' to enter any season with.

If you do not have an elite QB, which the Rams and 49ers do not, you really need to seize the moment when you catch lightning in a bottle for a season or two - which the 49ers and Rams almost pulled off. But this league has shown that long-term sustainable success is not attainable without an elite qb. And if a big part of how you've won is off the strength of your play calling and design for a non-elite qb, eventually defenses start to counter better.

Kyler is the one who is really going to come on and be a problem.

Possible but remember Rick Mirer was pretty damned good as a rookie and then struggled thereafter. Defensive coordinators adjust. I actually suspect you're right, but I'm pumping the brakes a tad on him too.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:22 pm
  • Kyler Murray has proved exactly nothing.

Until he does so, AZ is not in the conversation.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:58 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Kyler Murray has proved exactly nothing.

He won offensive rookie of the year and they gave the Hawks a pretty thorough beatdown week 16.

That seems like slightly more than nothing.
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:08 pm
  • Murray proved he was better by seasons end than he was at the beginning. I expect to Cards ro focus on getting him some more protection and some new toys to play with.
    Of the four teams in our division I think it is the Rams who are most adversely affected by their own FAs and Cap problems right now. SF's time in that playpen is coming up soon.

Not in our division or conference but I think this is the year for a new Mahomes contract in KC. It will be interesting to see how that effects their roster. They gave Frank a big hunk. WOuldn't surprise me to see them pony up a Wilson+ arrangement for Mahomes. Something has to give somewhere in that house, and maybe sooner than later.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:05 am
  • KinesProf wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Kyler Murray has proved exactly nothing.

He won offensive rookie of the year and they gave the Hawks a pretty thorough beatdown week 16.

Dismissing Murray like that ; indicates that homer logic is alive and well in here .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:02 am
  • HawkerD wrote:
    acer1240 wrote:It's going to be brutal.

I doubt it. There will be too much blood on the floor.

That's a good point and I thought the same thing after posting.

It seems all the heavyweights are in the west. I think the packers are smoke and mirrors and Brees is another year older.

Maybe Atlanta will emerge but other than that I'm not seeing much at this point.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:40 am
  • Not sure how telling it is, but I noticed SF lost two coaches from their defensive staff to the Browns since the SB. One was secondary coach and the other an assistant. Change is change, and IMO since we lost Quinn our D has not measured up to past performance.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:25 am
  • xray wrote:
    KinesProf wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Kyler Murray has proved exactly nothing.

Dismissing Murray like that ; indicates that homer logic is alive and well in here .

What's with the semicolon?
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:53 pm
  • As I said before. Murray hasn't done squat. Call it a dismissal but it's actually called the truth. He has obvious skills but until it all comes together, it's simply what it is.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:45 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:As I said before. Murray hasn't done squat. Call it a dismissal but it's actually called the truth. He has obvious skills but until it all comes together, it's simply what it is.

Murray & the Cards squatted all over the Hawks @ the Clink . We all better hope that Murray takes a sophomore dump next season . I think he's a legit threat . :0190l:
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:52 pm
  • Seattle should move to the front of the line in 2020. They have the Cap Space and the draft picks to do so. They were only a delay of game away from winning the Division in 2019.

However, Norton has killed a lot of my bullish feelings I have had for 2020 that I mapped out back in 2018. The Seahawks have done a lot of things right as I anticipated since then, and I think they will again execute properly this off-season. With a different DC I would be hyping Super Bowl right now though.

I reserve the right to a final opinion, until after Free Agency in March, and the draft in April.

Right now though in FEB. I have the Seahawks winning the Division, the Rams finishing 2nd, the Niners in 3rd, and AZ in 4th. It will be a very close race that will be sending 2 or 3 teams to the playoffs.

But I will have a much better gauge in May. If Seattle flubs Free Agency they will fall to 3rd. A lot of people rip on McVay on this site, and I don't get it. He has Goff at QB and a trash O-Line, and he still roasts PC every time they play.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:26 pm
  • Fade wrote:Seattle should move to the front of the line in 2020. They have the Cap Space and the draft picks to do so. They were only a delay of game away from winning the Division in 2019.

However, Norton has killed a lot of my bullish feelings I have had for 2020 that I mapped out back in 2018. The Seahawks have done a lot of things right as I anticipated since then, and I think they will again execute properly this off-season. With a different DC I would be hyping Super Bowl right now though.

I reserve the right to a final opinion, until after Free Agency in March, and the draft in April.

Right now though in FEB. I have the Seahawks winning the Division, the Rams finishing 2nd, the Niners in 3rd, and AZ in 4th. It will be a very close race that will be sending 2 or 3 teams to the playoffs.

But I will have a much better gauge in May. If Seattle flubs Free Agency they will fall to 3rd. A lot of people rip on McVay on this site, and I don't get it. He has Goff at QB and a trash O-Line, and he still Fishers PC every time they play.

FIFY. :D
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:47 pm
  • Both the Niners and the Rams are in a lot worse position than we are going into the offseason. Both have way less cap space and well under the league average, a little less than $20M. Both have some significant free agents they need to make decisions on: The Niners have Arik Armistad and Emanual Sanders, the Rams have Dante Fowler, Andrew Whitworth, Cory Littleton, and Michael Brockers.

The Niners are at huge draft disadvantage. Not only are they, by virtue of their recent success, picking from the #31 slot, they have a 125 pick gap between their bottom of the first round pick to the 5th round. Nothing in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds. The Rams aren't in as bad of a position draft-wise, but they don't have close to the same draft capital that we have accumulated.

Bottom line is that we are set up to improve significantly over our 2019 edition while the Niners and Rams will be lucky to maintain what they have.
    Last edited by RiverDog on Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:40 pm
  • I can see that as a possibility too RIverDog. However, there is a big IF to the first part of your bottom line. The most recent mocks have everyone else after who/what we want most in the draft. Looks similar in the FA market. This is not going to be easy. JC and Coach Pete will have to be on their game at a higher % clip than they have been for a while.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:I can see that as a possibility too RIverDog. However, there is a big IF to the first part of your bottom line. The most recent mocks have everyone else after who/what we want most in the draft. Looks similar in the FA market. This is not going to be easy. JC and Coach Pete will have to be on their game at a higher % clip than they have been for a while.

I didn't say it was going to be easy. I am simply saying that we are set up in a way better position than either of our two major competitors in terms of free agency and the draft. Obviously it all depends on how each team plays the hand dealt to them.

I wouldn't put any weight into the mocks. They're all purely speculative. Except for the top 8-10 picks none of them are very good at projecting which player will go to which team or the trades that always occur. They're basically click bait so the author can sell advertising.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:12 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Combine, FA, the draft. Way too early. However just take a look at the individual teams and their cap numbers and draft picks and their own FA. SF and LA are not in good shape. Both have small cap numbers and LA has to pay their top CB plus Gurley and his gimp knees. Plus they mortgaged away a lot of draft picks.

Is it that SF had so many first round picks from sucking that it's time to Pay them and they can't?

I thought it'd be obvious - it's pretty much everything outside the QB position.

Wilson had his best year ever to date - and if GZ hits that FG, the Rams are in the playoffs and finish better than Seattle.

If the Seahawks had a comparable roster outside of the QB position, they'd be running away with the division with how much better Wilson is.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:24 am
  • Largent80 wrote:As I said before. Murray hasn't done squat. Call it a dismissal but it's actually called the truth

You can say that as many times as you want, but it just isn't factual. He literally just won offensive rookie of the year. And a few weeks earlier the Cards gave the Hawks a pumping in Seattle.
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:40 am
  • " the Cards gave the Hawks a pumping in Seattle."
    Fact. I still haven't been able to reconcile that game. Seems to me we had a lot riding on getting that win. Can't figure out why our guys came out absolutely flat. Looking ahead? That's a death knoll in the nfl. It DID show the Cards are on their way up, IMO. They aren't going to be pushovers, and we're going to have to improve just to maintain our standing, let alone move up that last notch.
    As for the Rams changing places with us had they won that first game...not sure that's accurate considering the way they suffered later losses by such monstrous margins. However, it's true that we did what we did on a razor thin margin. So there's that. Rams/Seahawks have always been tough games for both teams since Hawks joined this division. Even before that IIRC.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:58 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

I thought it'd be obvious - it's pretty much everything outside the QB position.

Wilson had his best year ever to date - and if GZ hits that FG, the Rams are in the playoffs and finish better than Seattle.

If the Seahawks had a comparable roster outside of the QB position, they'd be running away with the division with how much better Wilson is.

Yeah and IF the refs call the DPI on Hollister we're division champs. Ifs and Buts, candy and nuts.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:01 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:" the Cards gave the Hawks a pumping in Seattle."
    Fact. I still haven't been able to reconcile that game. Seems to me we had a lot riding on getting that win. Can't figure out why our guys came out absolutely flat........

They didn't "come out absolutely flat" Hawks scored on their first possession. We were already down Penney and then right after that we lost Carson. Changed the whole complexion of the game.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:" the Cards gave the Hawks a pumping in Seattle."
    Fact. I still haven't been able to reconcile that game. Seems to me we had a lot riding on getting that win. Can't figure out why our guys came out absolutely flat........

They didn't "come out absolutely flat" Hawks scored on their first possession. We were already down Penney and then right after that we lost Carson. Changed the whole complexion of the game.

Strong point day1. Good post.
    Losing our run game was a serious blow. As for the complexion of the game, we lost positional battles across the board for the bulk of the day. Teamwide deflation? Maybe you're right about that. We were also trying to finish getting clear of a bad flu bug at that time. Still hard to accept being dominated like we were.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

Yeah and IF the refs call the DPI on Hollister we're division champs. Ifs and Buts, candy and nuts.

Strong argument for you guys being better than the Niners.

But doesn't have anything to do with my statement - I'm not saying "Seattle got lucky" - it's more just the optics of it:

Seattle. Thursday night. Wilson has 6 incompletions and 4 TDs. Rams were 6 inches away from winning anyways.

Then in the second game the Rams beat Seattle down on primetime - something that doesn't happen.

I suppose I should amend my original statement to remove the Niners from being more talented than Seattle because their head to head doesn't show that at all. I'm still amazed that the Niners did as well as they did, because when I look at their roster I just don't think they are that good of a team.

All in all I'm just saying, I wouldn't look at it as easily as "Seattle has more cap space so they'll be better" - it's definitely a possibility, just not a guarantee. I have absolutely no clue what the Rams will do this offseason.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:59 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:" the Cards gave the Hawks a pumping in Seattle."

Strong point day1. Good post.
    Losing our run game was a serious blow. As for the complexion of the game, we lost positional battles across the board for the bulk of the day. Teamwide deflation? Maybe you're right about that. We were also trying to finish getting clear of a bad flu bug at that time. Still hard to accept being dominated like we were.

Arizona came in playing like it was their Super Bowl (which they do in one of our games every season, with us winning the season series only three times since Carroll arrived) and no one can convince me that they were not injuring our players intentionally. None of the injuries seemed like fluke type injuries.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:57 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:I'm still amazed that the Niners did as well as they did, because when I look at their roster I just don't think they are that good of a team.
    Largent80 wrote:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-101-players-from-the-2019-nfl-season

Count the Rams, count the Seahawks, then count the niners. Then get back to me.
    94Smith
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:33 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:I'm still amazed that the Niners did as well as they did, because when I look at their roster I just don't think they are that good of a team.

Cool story bro. Gotta say though, I'm still searching for Jimmy G on the list.......
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:25 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

Cool story bro. Gotta say though, I'm still searching for Jimmy G on the list.......

The future is bright my friend . I am just not sure how Ram fan can not see all the talent when everyone else can.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102008/article/2019-nfl-rookie-report-card-ranking-each-teams-class-1-to-32

The article is a piece of crap.

Yeah Bosa is dominant, and the 49ers were drafting second, so you start with an A, but also had a few guys who did nothing, so I'm not sure that A should come without a minus.

Compare to the Seahawks' C+. We started with 4 draft picks and ended up with 7 players who played 10 or more games, and the steal of the draft in DK Metcalf. That's a C+ draft? Ok, you keep thinking that.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:16 pm

It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information