Sub-forum Suggestion... Just a suggestion... Dragons...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seeing as we are all massive fans of Seattle Football... And this site is like the best there is for that, of course... Should we create a sub-forum here just for off-season Seattle Dragons football? Hey, just throwing it out there. Throw it right in there right between the NFL Nation forum and The Sports Bar. Just a suggestion for off-season stuff to throw a little activity here in the dead zone of the off-season. Maybe a poll is in order. I've done some searching, and there are a couple wimpy forums for the Dragons... but very little activity for them. I'm kinda looking forward to the season. Wondering if any of you are. Anyhoo... Thoughts?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Good idea. I mean, they will be playing their home games at CLink, the head coach is Jim Zorn and I saw a few on the roster that were on the Seahawks practice squad in the past. Kasen Williams and BJ Daniels for starters. :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
We'll see where this ends up. In the mean time, their roster is linked below ..............

TeamCoachingGFX_SEA__Wide

Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/seattle/dragons-articles/seattle-dragons-roster[/urltargetblank]

balakoth

Reaction score
I support this... this is literally phpBB and would take 30 seconds to accomplish.... why not?

I feel the admins should really look into a AWS setup based on the monthly costs I saw them taking in... ung. Is this thing hosted on a CC Panel GoDaddy account or something? :?

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm actually a bit surprised at the lack of enthusiasm. Thought there'd be more input. Maybe it's "In-Season" people not being here to have an opinion? Dunno. I thought it was a good idea. Oh well...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's early BT. I think a sub forum for them would be a great idea.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. There are plenty of former Seahawks on the team plus their coach is Seahawk legend.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I'll be watching. They are ranked 8 of 8 teams, so I dont have my Hope's up but I'll be pulling for them!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Pretty sure enthusiasm will pick up once play is underway.
Remember what it was like when the Seahawks were first getting started? Even that took awhile to generate a LOT of enthusiasm. But winning a game in first year was a dose of magic fertilizer and away we went...to a long term growing pain. LOL.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2qdxvtq2 said:
I'll be watching. They are ranked 8 of 8 teams, so I dont have my Hope's up but I'll be pulling for them!

Will the "12" thing hold up for a team that's not the Seahawks? Will the flags be there? I think they will, because it's more about Seattle pro football fans love for our teams IMO... Should maybe be in Dragon colors though. Although not gonna gripe if I see a bunch of 12 flags in the familiar colors. Really looking forward to the Home Opener. You guys know our road opener is the XFL opener. The first game. So there should be a lot of pomp and circumstance. :lol:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Jville":2frr9698 said:
We'll see where this ends up. In the mean time, their roster is linked below ..............

Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/seattle/dragons-articles/seattle-dragons-roster[/urltargetblank]

Whoa! Thanks for the link, but I'm certain I read Ferguson was off to the Dragons. He's not on the roster though. What happened to him. Did someone in NFL pick him up? I had hopes for that guy.

Nunya

Reaction score
Jville":i0tqelpq said:

So...do we call Zorn "Khaleesi" now?

Hawknight

Reaction score
BlueThunder":t5eycq9b said:
I'm actually a bit surprised at the lack of enthusiasm. Thought there'd be more input. Maybe it's "In-Season" people not being here to have an opinion? Dunno. I thought it was a good idea. Oh well...

Just seeing this: I think this is an awesome idea. I think it could be a huge boost to the forum during the offseason.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps the sub forum could be for the Dragons and other XFL news

Tical21

Reaction score
Considering there isn't even a thread about this in The Sports Bar, I have a hard time believing there is enough interest for an entire sub-forum.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Jville":uz3z6bc4 said:
We'll see where this ends up. In the mean time, their roster is linked below.

Quinterrius Eatmon sounds like a name from those Key & Peele skits.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm excited for the Dragons season to start. Hopefully its fun
Also looking forward to the return of the Spokane Shock in the IFL, owned by former Seahawk Sam Adams.
Marshawn is also team owner for the new Oakland IFL team.
Lots to look forward to football wise during the offseaon.
Go Dragons!
Isnt BJ Daniels the QB?

Chapow

Reaction score
Tical21":111hmt6k said:
Considering there isn't even a thread about this in The Sports Bar, I have a hard time believing there is enough interest for an entire sub-forum.

The season hasn't even started and it'a a brand new league. There isn't really much to discuss yet. I'd imagine that once the season is underway and games are being played, there will be a lot more to talk about.

I'd be willing to be that if there was a Seattle Dragons sub forum that it would see more traffic than some of the other already existing sub forums. Though admittedly, that's an awfully low bar (looking at you Fantasy Island and Off Field Topics. Haha).

Anyway, not really sure why anyone would be against it. Not interested? Ignore it. No big deal.

Tical21

Reaction score
why don't we have add several sub-forums? Food and Beverage, Fitness and Health, Husky Basketball, Seattle Mariners, Hobbies, Shows, Movies...