Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This years J.S. Draft

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm
  • OK...

    2 years ago we took Hill and Thompson.

    The results are in and they aren't good. So they drafted Blair and Amadi.

    Those results are NOT in.

    Regardless of all of that. Outside of Diggs and McDougald the S position is way up in the air.

    Moving on...Center, Britt (torn ACL, huge contract)..This draft has 2 stellar centers...He needs to get either Ruiz or Cushenberry and let everything else sort itself out at the position.

    OG. We need at least one Stenberg is my choice.

    WR is the strength of the draft class, and even though we took DK, if we could get a guy like Reagor would be that 3rd killer WR in this system, him or Shenault. Either of those guys would elevate the offense immediately

    On DL this draft sucks, so FA is where they will try to fix it

    What will JS do?

    Feel free to add anything.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 pm
  • Need to add insurance at TE and RB with the injuries from last season. Leaning towards free agency at those positions.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 8736
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:14 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Need to add insurance at TE and RB with the injuries from last season. Leaning towards free agency at those positions.


    Agree with your areas of need but I'm not sure who would be available as a fee agent RB that would be worth the cost. A flier in the later rounds would suit me fine.

    I'd sure like to see another conerback added. Be nice to get out of base defense every once in awhile.

    A WR would not hurt my feelings either.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Sandpoint , Idaho


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:37 pm
  • WR is the clear strength of the draft, followed by OL, well guess what?...even though we need DL, getting a great 3rd WR is a need. Moore, Turner, (who dropped the pass that would have probably beaten GB) and anyone else after that is expendable....I like Jaelon Reagor a LOT (so do many others)

    OL and center in general as well as G, are also available. Britt (ACL tear) Hunt not adequate to start. Draft Ruiz, or Cushenberry...Problem solved for a decade.

    Ive already said all this before so redundant.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:11 pm
  • Draft the Power RB for depth, that's our run game, you don't want a guy in F.A. that has mileage on him and hits plus cost. Hollister and Dissly along with Wilson is a good group, we just need some help with health there. I would not panic about TE.

    I would go after a thumper at SS, everyone we have is a finesse guy mostly or if he has the desire to thump will not hold up I think. That will help our defense in the underneath areas once that player establishes it as his turf.

    Both those positions I think can be had 3rd round or later at least as of now.

    O line, O line and then DT early not in that order necessarily, we need push up the middle more and run support, our DE's can get there but without the middle push they get a pretty good pocket, push the pocket and they have to slide left or right and that's where a DE can get them. That will help the secondary more then a first round CB.

    O line is self explanatory, we need a solid youth core especially at our Guard positions and RT, we need a smart leader to take control at Center, Britt is going to cost us, which I don't mind as much as worry about his health going forward.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 29871
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:29 pm
  • Like L80 I'm totally in favor of a C in round 1 and a G in round 2. Guessing they'll reach for an EDGE who barely plays in year 1 with that first rounder. So badly want to be wrong..............
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24085
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:31 pm
  • Where we always draft, there are never any “sure things” like Bosa still on the board. So, if a stud player starts slipping a little bit this year, a trade UP sure would be nice for a change. We have the capital to do this. D-Line please.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:14 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:OK...

    2 years ago we took Hill and Thompson.

    The results are in and they aren't good. So they drafted Blair and Amadi.

    Those results are NOT in.

    Regardless of all of that. Outside of Diggs and McDougald the S position is way up in the air.

    Moving on...Center, Britt (torn ACL, huge contract)..This draft has 2 stellar centers...He needs to get either Ruiz or Cushenberry and let everything else sort itself out at the position.

    OG. We need at least one Stenberg is my choice.

    WR is the strength of the draft class, and even though we took DK, if we could get a guy like Reagor would be that 3rd killer WR in this system, him or Shenault. Either of those guys would elevate the offense immediately

    On DL this draft sucks, so FA is where they will try to fix it

    What will JS do?

    Feel free to add anything.



    So, I pretty much agree about this draft DL options. Those that might be really good are going well before we draft. That is just a given.

    Besides, I really hope and expect they will fix our DL in FA as well. This is not a time to bring in rookies who take 2-3 years to develop. We have the cash and plenty of options, so JS and PC get your recruiting hats on and buy a DL this off-season! BW and Wright are getting older and don't have enough years left to wait on rookies to learn.

    On offense, we need new young blood on our OLIne just as you stated. At the minimum a starting quality Center and OG in the first two rounds. I might even be convinced for an OT if a quality starter falls to us. We have 4 picks at least in the first 3 rounds. Make 2-3 of those for the line. This is a must!

    I do like the idea of a #3 WR if it happens, but not at the expenses of an OL prospect. We went heavy D last draft and the same should happen of offense this draft. We have the draft assets. So a WR is a good possibility, but only after we have fixed our O-Line issues.

    I would leave our skill position options alone for the most part this draft until after round three. This assumes we did in fact fix our DL thru FA before the draft. If not we may be in trouble next season. Our NFC West division is getting stronger. We don't have the luxury of screwing up any more drafts.

    At least that is my take.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 2998
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:04 pm
  • I just cannot shake the feeling that cutting Justin Britt is going to end up being one of those Russell Okung moves that fans regret supporting because they either aren't paying attention to OL play or don't know how to judge it.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17317
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:19 pm
  • Center and OG as first two picks?

    Are you guys nuts? Those are pretty low impact positions for that draft value. You can get most decent college tackles to play guard. You can get Pocic to play centre.

    OT/DE without question are the teams biggest needs. We have Pocic, Jones, Haynes and probably Fluker for guards/center even if Britt is cut. Brown is getting older and there's a good chance we lose Ifedi and possibly Fant. OT is a big need.

    DE is also a big need especially if we don't sign Clowney. Ansah can't be trusted. Jefferson may leave in FA. Green and Griffin are more situational spare parts than legitimate starters. DE is a huge need.

    After that TE is high up followed by cornerback. Only then do you get to things like guards, running backs and receivers.

    Our top 5 picks better be DE, OT, CB, TE, DT in some order. Bottom five can be OG, WR, LB, RB, anything else.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1725
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:22 am
  • You're likely not getting Reager or Shenault if you get Ruiz or Cushenberry; those are projected top 40 or so players.

    You may have to look to the 2nd tier at either group. Biadesz, Harris, Hennessey at centre; Mims, Pittman, Jefferson at WR. I think it's another year where the round 2-3 wrs could be just as strong as the first rounders(DK, Deebo, Brown, McLaurin).
    KinesProf
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 49
    Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:01 am
  • Mad Dog wrote:Center and OG as first two picks?

    Are you guys nuts? Those are pretty low impact positions for that draft value. You can get most decent college tackles to play guard. You can get Pocic to play centre.

    OT/DE without question are the teams biggest needs. We have Pocic, Jones, Haynes and probably Fluker for guards/center even if Britt is cut. Brown is getting older and there's a good chance we lose Ifedi and possibly Fant. OT is a big need.

    DE is also a big need especially if we don't sign Clowney. Ansah can't be trusted. Jefferson may leave in FA. Green and Griffin are more situational spare parts than legitimate starters. DE is a huge need.

    After that TE is high up followed by cornerback. Only then do you get to things like guards, running backs and receivers.

    Our top 5 picks better be DE, OT, CB, TE, DT in some order. Bottom five can be OG, WR, LB, RB, anything else.


    Yeah you say that till you have a Chris Spencer out there or someone that dribbles long snaps to Wilson or shoots them over his head. Some of us are fans of the team and not just Fantasy guys and remember pre Unger and post Unger and what it took to finally settle on Britt.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 29871
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:28 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Like L80 I'm totally in favor of a C in round 1 and a G in round 2. Guessing they'll reach for an EDGE who barely plays in year 1 with that first rounder. So badly want to be wrong..............


    I think Ruiz or Cush can be had in the second. If Delpit somehow slips to #27 and JS hangs on to it, I sprint to the podium.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:00 am
  • DE--CB--RG & a C if Britt isn't fully recovered by draft time . That could be a tough decision to make if he isn't .
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1693
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 am
  • Britt will be lucky to make it to camp. Joey Hunt is a FA and he was getting blown up more than a rubber doll in a horny factory.

    Center is rich and plentiful in this draft and that is rare. Get one. If Delpit somehow falls to #27 I would take him first. Then draft a center then look at whats left at WR which is also deep.

    Then grab an OG. WEe were sorely beaten in the trenches last year and badly at that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:41 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Yeah you say that till you have a Chris Spencer out there or someone that dribbles long snaps to Wilson or shoots them over his head. Some of us are fans of the team and not just Fantasy guys and remember pre Unger and post Unger and what it took to finally settle on Britt.


    I saw Hunt get outmanned continually and it wasn't as frustrating as watching our DL fail time and against to get pressure.

    The team needs a pass rush. If we are so worried about center, keep Britt.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1725
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:35 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Yeah you say that till you have a Chris Spencer out there or someone that dribbles long snaps to Wilson or shoots them over his head. Some of us are fans of the team and not just Fantasy guys and remember pre Unger and post Unger and what it took to finally settle on Britt.


    I saw Hunt get outmanned continually and it wasn't as frustrating as watching our DL fail time and against to get pressure.

    The team needs a pass rush. If we are so worried about center, keep Britt.


    Both
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13008
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm
    Location: With a White Girl


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:58 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote: If we are so worried about center, keep Britt.


    No, it's foolish to ignore the future. Get a stud center for years to come at a cheap rookie contract. We have the draft picks and money to do it. If Britt will take a LOT less money sign him, but still draft that C of the future, it would be DUMB to not do it.

    This draft needs to be nailed, no BS developmental players. Get players to make impacts for the next few years.

    a first
    2 seconds
    a 3rd

    We have the capability, and we are lucky enough to have the needs of the team coincide with our picks.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 pm
  • Hunt played most of the year with a broken leg. Let's not forget that. Britt was overrated. I'd rather draft someone new and cut Britt. Use that money to go get someone that can help our awful pass rush.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1313
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:08 pm
  • I dont know why they played Hunt with a broken leg and I dont care. He's undersized and proved it in 10 games. It's time to draft a good center.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:51 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I just cannot shake the feeling that cutting Justin Britt is going to end up being one of those Russell Okung moves that fans regret supporting because they either aren't paying attention to OL play or don't know how to judge it.

    Certainly possible and I'm not at all against re-signing him IF he takes a cut.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24085
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:53 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Like L80 I'm totally in favor of a C in round 1 and a G in round 2. Guessing they'll reach for an EDGE who barely plays in year 1 with that first rounder. So badly want to be wrong..............


    I think Ruiz or Cush can be had in the second. If Delpit somehow slips to #27 and JS hangs on to it, I sprint to the podium.

    Ditto, that guy can play. He'll be gone by #20 imo. I'm no draftnik but every time I watched LSU he leaped off the screen.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24085
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:05 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:Center and OG as first two picks?

    Are you guys nuts? Those are pretty low impact positions for that draft value. You can get most decent college tackles to play guard. You can get Pocic to play centre.

    OT/DE without question are the teams biggest needs. We have Pocic, Jones, Haynes and probably Fluker for guards/center even if Britt is cut. Brown is getting older and there's a good chance we lose Ifedi and possibly Fant. OT is a big need.

    DE is also a big need especially if we don't sign Clowney. Ansah can't be trusted. Jefferson may leave in FA. Green and Griffin are more situational spare parts than legitimate starters. DE is a huge need.

    After that TE is high up followed by cornerback. Only then do you get to things like guards, running backs and receivers.

    Our top 5 picks better be DE, OT, CB, TE, DT in some order. Bottom five can be OG, WR, LB, RB, anything else.


    Yeah you say that till you have a Chris Spencer out there or someone that dribbles long snaps to Wilson or shoots them over his head. Some of us are fans of the team and not just Fantasy guys and remember pre Unger and post Unger and what it took to finally settle on Britt.


    Low impact? The center position is so critical the guy occupying it ought to be included as a skill player. He is the QB of the O Line. Losing Unger in favor of Graham is when our demise began. That wasn't because Graham was bad, it was because Unger was that good at that critical position.
    That's why I support resigning Britt AND drafting the best center available to us. Guards are great for the inside running game and we need one, at least, but we also need another tackle even more than a second guard. O Line has to be a focus of this draft, just as D Line needs to be a focus in FA.
    Our lines have to be our top priority. Then worry about the ornaments for the tree.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:49 pm
  • I do not think we need to draft a guard high. I am happy with Jamarco Jones and Phil Haynes as the starters. I do not think Jones can be a starting RT though, so we need to think about who will play here....We need to think about replacing Duane Brown for the future...but I think he still has 1-2 years left. Joey Hunt needs to go. He is undersized. In a center rich draft I am all for drafting a good one early instead of reaching for a D-lineman again in a draft where there aren't too many.
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 156
    Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:59 am
  • I would like to see them draft Ruiz,sign Scherff, and cut Britt. Need to draft a CB, DT, and WR in the with one of our many 2nd/3rd round picks.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3628
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:11 am
  • This is probably the most important draft of JS and PC era. RW in his prime, young defense etc. Plus we have cap and picks....Unfortunately the D-Line class and TE class is not good, but we need OL, and for the first time in years there are many very good college OL.

    Center is exactly that. The center of the line and it needs a strong smart player. They know this and I would be surprised , and disappointed if they don't draft one.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 am
  • I know we have addressed safety in a number of ways over the last 3 years however, Hill and Thompson simply are not the level of safety needed for this defense.

    I would LOVE for the Hawks to get Kyle Dugger. Been watching his tape and he is one BAMF and would provide ST value as well. Should be available around the 3rd round?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:27 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I know we have addressed safety in a number of ways over the last 3 years however, Hill and Thompson simply are not the level of safety needed for this defense.

    I would LOVE for the Hawks to get Kyle Dugger. Been watching his tape and he is one BAMF and would provide ST value as well. Should be available around the 3rd round?


    I seen his profile weeks ago and am sold on him, wasn't sure he would be invited to the combine being such a small school but he was, his measurables are going to vault him up the charts along with his size and speed. I am thinking second round if you want him due to our low draft position.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 29871
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:34 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I know we have addressed safety in a number of ways over the last 3 years however, Hill and Thompson simply are not the level of safety needed for this defense.

    I would LOVE for the Hawks to get Kyle Dugger. Been watching his tape and he is one BAMF and would provide ST value as well. Should be available around the 3rd round?


    I seen his profile weeks ago and am sold on him, wasn't sure he would be invited to the combine being such a small school but he was, his measurables are going to vault him up the charts along with his size and speed. I am thinking second round if you want him due to our low draft position.


    Well, it depends on what they are thinking after F.A. but If they can move TT and LH that would open up spots. This guy is going to bang heads hard for a few years and I want that thump on the D.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:35 pm
  • Michael Shawn-Sugar's article over at The Athletic (paywalled) says the Hawks should focus on:

    1) Cutting Britt, Dickson, Thompson, Wright and Fluker and renegotiating their contracts to create more cap space.
    2) Re-sign Clowney
    3) Keeping Ifedi
    4) Keeping Reed (unless he wants $17mil/yr) or tag him
    5) Get a FA TE like Oslen (Eifert, Toilolo) but don't overpay
    6) Stick with your interior OL guys and draft for depth
    7) Trade your 1st round pick for Stefon Diggs and draft for depth
    8 Get a decent veteran edge rusher and draft early for depth


    https://theathletic.com/1598151/2020/02/11/michael-shawn-dugars-10-step-plan-for-a-successful-seahawks-offseason/
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 601
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:41 pm
  • SeaWolv wrote:Michael Shawn-Sugar's article over at The Athletic (paywalled) says the Hawks should focus on:

    1) Cutting Britt, Dickson, Thompson, Wright and Fluker and renegotiating their contracts to create more cap space.
    2) Re-sign Clowney
    3) Keeping Ifedi
    4) Keeping Reed (unless he wants $17mil/yr) or tag him
    5) Get a FA TE like Oslen (Eifert, Toilolo) but don't overpay
    6) Stick with your interior OL guys and draft for depth
    7) Trade your 1st round pick for Stefon Diggs and draft for depth
    8 Get a decent veteran edge rusher and draft early for depth


    https://theathletic.com/1598151/2020/02/11/michael-shawn-dugars-10-step-plan-for-a-successful-seahawks-offseason/


    Man I disagree with almost ALL of those.

    I don't know where to start except to say, keep Clowney, the rest is the worst scenario ever.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 am
  • Given what we have in hand, and considering our glaring needs on both lines, I simply cannot go with prioritizing the TE position. I fully comprehend the value of a gangbuster TE for what is basically an RPO offense, but we have other far more urgent needs.
    No line, no win.
    The surprise element to our draft strategy (trading back in first round) has been somewhat effective, but this year I hope the surprise is for us to trade up instead of down and get a difference maker on the line of scrimmage.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    SeaWolv wrote:Michael Shawn-Sugar's article over at The Athletic (paywalled) says the Hawks should focus on:

    1) Cutting Britt, Dickson, Thompson, Wright and Fluker and renegotiating their contracts to create more cap space.
    2) Re-sign Clowney
    3) Keeping Ifedi
    4) Keeping Reed (unless he wants $17mil/yr) or tag him
    5) Get a FA TE like Oslen (Eifert, Toilolo) but don't overpay
    6) Stick with your interior OL guys and draft for depth
    7) Trade your 1st round pick for Stefon Diggs and draft for depth
    8 Get a decent veteran edge rusher and draft early for depth


    https://theathletic.com/1598151/2020/02/11/michael-shawn-dugars-10-step-plan-for-a-successful-seahawks-offseason/


    Man I disagree with almost ALL of those.

    I don't know where to start except to say, keep Clowney, the rest is the worst scenario ever.


    We've definitely got some leverage to renegotiate with guys like Britt, KJ, Fluker and Thompson. Their value is far higher on the Hawks then it would be elsewhere, no one's giving Britt or Wright 10M a year, especially Britt coming off a major injury.

    Give them both two year deals to relieve some cap. I'd love for us to draft a young stud at center, but too many needs on the defensive side of the ball, which means we need Britt and the continuity he brings on the line, ESPECIALLY if the plan is not to bring back Fluker, Iupati and Ifedi.

    Can't have that much turnover on your O-line, just can't.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16424
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:The surprise element to our draft strategy (trading back in first round) has been somewhat effective, but this year I hope the surprise is for us to trade up instead of down and get a difference maker on the line of scrimmage.


    This is what I want more than anything. We have the resources to move up significantly. Snagging a Derrick Brown or Yetur Gross-Matos would upgrade our line.
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1840
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:07 pm


Re: This years J.S. Draft
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:39 pm
  • You CAN have turnover on the O-Line if you have underperforming players. OL recently coming out of college need to be coached up, however, this year there are a slew of very good college OL.

    The Seahawks need to tap into that. Fluker BTW is signed through this year but more than likely that will be it for him. Draft a guard. It's a no brainer. Center as well.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35813
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS




It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online