This years J.S. Draft

Largent80

Reaction score
OK...

2 years ago we took Hill and Thompson.

The results are in and they aren't good. So they drafted Blair and Amadi.

Those results are NOT in.

Regardless of all of that. Outside of Diggs and McDougald the S position is way up in the air.

Moving on...Center, Britt (torn ACL, huge contract)..This draft has 2 stellar centers...He needs to get either Ruiz or Cushenberry and let everything else sort itself out at the position.

OG. We need at least one Stenberg is my choice.

WR is the strength of the draft class, and even though we took DK, if we could get a guy like Reagor would be that 3rd killer WR in this system, him or Shenault. Either of those guys would elevate the offense immediately

On DL this draft sucks, so FA is where they will try to fix it

What will JS do?

Feel free to add anything.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Need to add insurance at TE and RB with the injuries from last season. Leaning towards free agency at those positions.

acer1240

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ql3ejun said:
Need to add insurance at TE and RB with the injuries from last season. Leaning towards free agency at those positions.

Agree with your areas of need but I'm not sure who would be available as a fee agent RB that would be worth the cost. A flier in the later rounds would suit me fine.

I'd sure like to see another conerback added. Be nice to get out of base defense every once in awhile.

A WR would not hurt my feelings either.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
WR is the clear strength of the draft, followed by OL, well guess what?...even though we need DL, getting a great 3rd WR is a need. Moore, Turner, (who dropped the pass that would have probably beaten GB) and anyone else after that is expendable....I like Jaelon Reagor a LOT (so do many others)

OL and center in general as well as G, are also available. Britt (ACL tear) Hunt not adequate to start. Draft Ruiz, or Cushenberry...Problem solved for a decade.

Ive already said all this before so redundant.

chris98251

Reaction score
Draft the Power RB for depth, that's our run game, you don't want a guy in F.A. that has mileage on him and hits plus cost. Hollister and Dissly along with Wilson is a good group, we just need some help with health there. I would not panic about TE.

I would go after a thumper at SS, everyone we have is a finesse guy mostly or if he has the desire to thump will not hold up I think. That will help our defense in the underneath areas once that player establishes it as his turf.

Both those positions I think can be had 3rd round or later at least as of now.

O line, O line and then DT early not in that order necessarily, we need push up the middle more and run support, our DE's can get there but without the middle push they get a pretty good pocket, push the pocket and they have to slide left or right and that's where a DE can get them. That will help the secondary more then a first round CB.

O line is self explanatory, we need a solid youth core especially at our Guard positions and RT, we need a smart leader to take control at Center, Britt is going to cost us, which I don't mind as much as worry about his health going forward.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Like L80 I'm totally in favor of a C in round 1 and a G in round 2. Guessing they'll reach for an EDGE who barely plays in year 1 with that first rounder. So badly want to be wrong..............

James in PA

Reaction score
Where we always draft, there are never any “sure things” like Bosa still on the board. So, if a stud player starts slipping a little bit this year, a trade UP sure would be nice for a change. We have the capital to do this. D-Line please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":5j6pfo2j said:
OK...

2 years ago we took Hill and Thompson.

The results are in and they aren't good. So they drafted Blair and Amadi.

Those results are NOT in.

Regardless of all of that. Outside of Diggs and McDougald the S position is way up in the air.

Moving on...Center, Britt (torn ACL, huge contract)..This draft has 2 stellar centers...He needs to get either Ruiz or Cushenberry and let everything else sort itself out at the position.

OG. We need at least one Stenberg is my choice.

WR is the strength of the draft class, and even though we took DK, if we could get a guy like Reagor would be that 3rd killer WR in this system, him or Shenault. Either of those guys would elevate the offense immediately

On DL this draft sucks, so FA is where they will try to fix it

What will JS do?

Feel free to add anything.

So, I pretty much agree about this draft DL options. Those that might be really good are going well before we draft. That is just a given.

Besides, I really hope and expect they will fix our DL in FA as well. This is not a time to bring in rookies who take 2-3 years to develop. We have the cash and plenty of options, so JS and PC get your recruiting hats on and buy a DL this off-season! BW and Wright are getting older and don't have enough years left to wait on rookies to learn.

On offense, we need new young blood on our OLIne just as you stated. At the minimum a starting quality Center and OG in the first two rounds. I might even be convinced for an OT if a quality starter falls to us. We have 4 picks at least in the first 3 rounds. Make 2-3 of those for the line. This is a must!

I do like the idea of a #3 WR if it happens, but not at the expenses of an OL prospect. We went heavy D last draft and the same should happen of offense this draft. We have the draft assets. So a WR is a good possibility, but only after we have fixed our O-Line issues.

I would leave our skill position options alone for the most part this draft until after round three. This assumes we did in fact fix our DL thru FA before the draft. If not we may be in trouble next season. Our NFC West division is getting stronger. We don't have the luxury of screwing up any more drafts.

At least that is my take.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I just cannot shake the feeling that cutting Justin Britt is going to end up being one of those Russell Okung moves that fans regret supporting because they either aren't paying attention to OL play or don't know how to judge it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Center and OG as first two picks?

Are you guys nuts? Those are pretty low impact positions for that draft value. You can get most decent college tackles to play guard. You can get Pocic to play centre.

OT/DE without question are the teams biggest needs. We have Pocic, Jones, Haynes and probably Fluker for guards/center even if Britt is cut. Brown is getting older and there's a good chance we lose Ifedi and possibly Fant. OT is a big need.

DE is also a big need especially if we don't sign Clowney. Ansah can't be trusted. Jefferson may leave in FA. Green and Griffin are more situational spare parts than legitimate starters. DE is a huge need.

After that TE is high up followed by cornerback. Only then do you get to things like guards, running backs and receivers.

Our top 5 picks better be DE, OT, CB, TE, DT in some order. Bottom five can be OG, WR, LB, RB, anything else.

KinesProf

Reaction score
You're likely not getting Reager or Shenault if you get Ruiz or Cushenberry; those are projected top 40 or so players.

You may have to look to the 2nd tier at either group. Biadesz, Harris, Hennessey at centre; Mims, Pittman, Jefferson at WR. I think it's another year where the round 2-3 wrs could be just as strong as the first rounders(DK, Deebo, Brown, McLaurin).

chris98251

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3alp9n69 said:
Center and OG as first two picks?

Are you guys nuts? Those are pretty low impact positions for that draft value. You can get most decent college tackles to play guard. You can get Pocic to play centre.

OT/DE without question are the teams biggest needs. We have Pocic, Jones, Haynes and probably Fluker for guards/center even if Britt is cut. Brown is getting older and there's a good chance we lose Ifedi and possibly Fant. OT is a big need.

DE is also a big need especially if we don't sign Clowney. Ansah can't be trusted. Jefferson may leave in FA. Green and Griffin are more situational spare parts than legitimate starters. DE is a huge need.

After that TE is high up followed by cornerback. Only then do you get to things like guards, running backs and receivers.

Our top 5 picks better be DE, OT, CB, TE, DT in some order. Bottom five can be OG, WR, LB, RB, anything else.

Yeah you say that till you have a Chris Spencer out there or someone that dribbles long snaps to Wilson or shoots them over his head. Some of us are fans of the team and not just Fantasy guys and remember pre Unger and post Unger and what it took to finally settle on Britt.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":d86rdote said:
Like L80 I'm totally in favor of a C in round 1 and a G in round 2. Guessing they'll reach for an EDGE who barely plays in year 1 with that first rounder. So badly want to be wrong..............

I think Ruiz or Cush can be had in the second. If Delpit somehow slips to #27 and JS hangs on to it, I sprint to the podium.

xray

Reaction score
DE--CB--RG & a C if Britt isn't fully recovered by draft time . That could be a tough decision to make if he isn't .

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Britt will be lucky to make it to camp. Joey Hunt is a FA and he was getting blown up more than a rubber doll in a horny factory.

Center is rich and plentiful in this draft and that is rare. Get one. If Delpit somehow falls to #27 I would take him first. Then draft a center then look at whats left at WR which is also deep.

Then grab an OG. WEe were sorely beaten in the trenches last year and badly at that.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
chris98251":321eb2l0 said:
Yeah you say that till you have a Chris Spencer out there or someone that dribbles long snaps to Wilson or shoots them over his head. Some of us are fans of the team and not just Fantasy guys and remember pre Unger and post Unger and what it took to finally settle on Britt.

I saw Hunt get outmanned continually and it wasn't as frustrating as watching our DL fail time and against to get pressure.

The team needs a pass rush. If we are so worried about center, keep Britt.

Sac

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1zjyuyb7 said:
chris98251":1zjyuyb7 said:

I saw Hunt get outmanned continually and it wasn't as frustrating as watching our DL fail time and against to get pressure.

The team needs a pass rush. If we are so worried about center, keep Britt.

Both

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Mad Dog":d156j7oe said:
If we are so worried about center, keep Britt.

No, it's foolish to ignore the future. Get a stud center for years to come at a cheap rookie contract. We have the draft picks and money to do it. If Britt will take a LOT less money sign him, but still draft that C of the future, it would be DUMB to not do it.

This draft needs to be nailed, no BS developmental players. Get players to make impacts for the next few years.

a first
2 seconds
a 3rd

We have the capability, and we are lucky enough to have the needs of the team coincide with our picks.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hunt played most of the year with a broken leg. Let's not forget that. Britt was overrated. I'd rather draft someone new and cut Britt. Use that money to go get someone that can help our awful pass rush.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I dont know why they played Hunt with a broken leg and I dont care. He's undersized and proved it in 10 games. It's time to draft a good center.