Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 18-April 17 FA signing period

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
March 18-April 17 FA signing period
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:21 am
  • The draft comes along a week later.
    Seems to me what happens during the FA period will go far to determine our fate next season.
    What progress will we have made during the designated FA signing period?
    Schneider and Carroll make a game out of doing the unexpected. I'm guessing FA market is where we attempt to address our defensive deficiencies and go for offense in the draft. But, they've fooled me before... :roll:
    Appyhawk
    NET Starter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Re: March 18-April 17 FA signing period
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:09 pm
  • I pinned this to the top. Thought it might be a good place for all news, rumors, etc. on free agent visits and ultimately, signings for the Seahawks.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:59 pm
  • Well, we hear TE Olsen is going to visit, so that's the start. I think he has already visited two other teams, maybe three. I don't think he warrants a bidding war. We have plenty of other spots we need to spend money on.
    Appyhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:27 pm
  • I hope A.J. Green could be had on a reasonable 2- or 3-year deal, and I think that it could pay massive dividends. He's one of the best I've ever seen. Legitimately. At everything. Injury risk, for sure. But that's why it could be reasonable.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 pm
  • Today, Kenneth Arthur reported that Fowler really wants to go to the Falcons: https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/2/5/ ... nsive-ends

Arthur is a SB Nation employee that until the first of the year ran FieldGulls. I doubt he's close enough to any player or even their circles to ascertain whether this is true.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:48 am
  • I don't know how much coaching changes effect what happens in the FA market, but SF lost two members of their defensive staff since the SB. One was their secondary coach, who will be the DC for Browns. Could that have an affect on the availability of a few players from both those teams?
    Appyhawk
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:05 pm
  • This offseason will make huge difference in how competitive the Hawks will be for the next few seasons. Re-signing Clowney and fixing both Lines is key.

The dominos will start to fall into place during this critical period for the team keeping our own.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:34 am
  • No doubt, with the huge chunk of $ they have available (finally) Clowney and another D Lineman need to be taken care of sooner than later.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 am
  • I agree Soulfish. Re Clowney sooner is paramount. I see that particular deal as the fulcrum point that will determine the order of priority for everything else we do this offseason. I see Clowney as a cornerstone of our defensive front, just as Brown and Britt have been for the O Line.
    We need to get the Clowney thing decided ASAP.
    Appyhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 am
  • When you have a guy that draws so much attention like that and is so disruptive, you just can't let him go. He frees up plays for other guys. Now if we can get a speed rusher on the other side to go along with Clowney? Yes please.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:When you have a guy that draws so much attention like that and is so disruptive, you just can't let him go. He frees up plays for other guys. Now if we can get a speed rusher on the other side to go along with Clowney? Yes please.

This has been my point when I am literally arguing with people about. I do know Clowney wanted to to go into free agency just to see who bites. I dont care what people tell me that is bad. If Clowney wanted to be here he would have already signed. I honestly think Clowney is eyeing another team in hopes of signing him. Maybe Clowney was offered something already and he's keeping notes I dont know. Actually nobody knows. If we don't re-sign Clowney and we sign a washed up Greg Olsen I am going to be pissed very pissed. All the Seahawks focus should be on re-signing Clowney. At this point nothing else matters. They paid Wilson, Wagner now its Clowney"s turn. He's gonna get paid regardless. If we don't pay him someone else will.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:57 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:This offseason will make huge difference in how competitive the Hawks will be for the next few seasons. Re-signing Clowney and fixing both Lines is key.

The dominos will start to fall into place during this critical period for the team keeping our own.

This and other posters on this thread saying basically the same thing is very true. I will even go so far as saying that if JS and PC screw this up we will not sniff another Super Bowl in the PC era. The fact is they have thrown away several drafts and trade/FA signings that hurt this team. I can name them all, but really no point. You all know who I'm talking about all the way back to 2013.

We are currently an above average team that gets to the playoffs because of RW. Without him we are below average at best. This may end up being the most important off-season (Cuts/Trades/Re-signings/FA signings/draft) in the history of our franchise. Yes, I do mean it.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:25 pm
  • Mistashoesta posted this tweet in the Olsen thread down ballot. I don't know how to send his post here so I copied the tweet by Adam Schefter.
    "
    Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
    Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen. is now done with his visits and is in contract negotiations with the Bills, Redskins and Seahawks, per source.

07:59 - 14 Feb 2020

I don't happen to be overly enthusiastic about this acquisition, if it were to happen, but it's our first dive into the waters for this year and it does concern one of our positions of need...sort of.
    Appyhawk
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:Mistashoesta posted this tweet in the Olsen thread down ballot. I don't know how to send his post here so I copied the tweet by Adam Schefter.
    "
    Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
    Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen. is now done with his visits and is in contract negotiations with the Bills, Redskins and Seahawks, per source.

07:59 - 14 Feb 2020

I don't happen to be overly enthusiastic about this acquisition, if it were to happen, but it's our first dive into the waters for this year and it does concern one of our positions of need...sort of.

Not need as much as getting healthy which Olsen has not been either, he can take Dickson's spot really, Willson, Hollister, Dissley, Swoopes are what we had at the end of the year.

I say resign Hollister first, then Willson, if Olsen can be signed for a friendly deal fine if not we bring in UDFA or draft one late or bring Swoopes back till Dissley can go.

Only because I think the D line is more important versus a position group that have shown they can perform already and a Olsen signing may not really change what we have much due to his track record of issues the last few seasons.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information