Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 18-April 17 FA signing period

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: March 18-April 17 FA signing period
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:23 am
  • It'll be interesting to see if teams' draft rooms are observing social distancing. Also, it'll be telling to see the homes of the players...how they usually have dozens of people waiting for the call...all crowded on the couch.

I'll make a prediction: the player drafted that has the fewest people at their draft party, will be the best pick in Seahawk's draft. Smart, healthy, physically prepared for camp....
    chrispy
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:51 am
  • :lol: Good post chrispy! Shows healthy cognisense. Somehow I expect the urgency of the moment will prevail with big private draft parties to share the thrill of victory and the agony of disappointing results. But it will be interesting to see if your prediction works out. It's pretty clear we're depending on getting some good help in the draft.

I've been spending a of of time with my ear on the rumor rumblings. But there are so many people at home with nothing to do too many use that time for negative impact pursuits through fake accounts for posting lies etc. Hard to trust what you see and hear. Our team site doesn't post anything that isn't signed, sealed, and the ink dried for at least 24 hours, so here we sit, with no bait, watching the minnows and a few biggees left swimming around in the FA talent pool aquarium. Seems like it's a contest to see if our frustration grows faster than those minnows.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:18 am
  • We've had some discussion regarding interest in XFL QB PJ Walker coming in to compete as Russ backup, but this showed up this morning:

R.J. White
    @rjwhite1
    ·
    1h
    Panthers add XFL star P.J. Walker to compete for the backup spot at QB. I singled them out as a landing spot that makes sense back on March 14, exactly three years ago today
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:23 am
  • The fresh version of CSB mock is starting right about now. You can can watch it live here:
    https://t.co/Ezt7fDCo0c
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:49 pm
  • I like the studio format..
    This year should be quicker with lot less stupid crap in between. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 pm

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:17 pm

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:07 pm
  • I'm hoping losing the Ifedi contract frees up enough money for us to get the Clowney deal finalized.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:59 pm
  • I read earlier today the Ravens expensive deal for DE Brocking fell through. Hope that doesn't result in them becoming a bidding candidate for Clowney. They have spent a bunch in FA but the Brocking deal was a 31M chunk of that.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm
  • Maybe the Ravens won't be in the Clowney hunt after all.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Former Broncos’ DE Derek Wolfe reached agreement on an 1-year deal worth up to $6 million with the Baltimore Ravens, per source.
    3:41 PM · Mar 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Heres what Bumpus 710 had to say on the subject this morning:
    https://sports.mynorthwest.com/836222/b ... -seahawks/

"MARCH 28, 2020 AT 3:00 PM (snips Read it all at the link above)

Michael Bumpus thinks the Seahawks will be able to keep Jadeveon Clowney. (Getty)

After four seasons with the Houston Texans, Clowney was traded to the Seahawks for a third-round pick and two players. That gives Seattle an edge, Bumpus said.

“I think he’s going to go back to what’s familiar. He’s definitely not going back to Houston, I can guarantee that, so what’s the next best thing? It’s Seattle,” he said.
    “He’s doing exactly what he’s supposed to do,” Bumpus said. “If he’s not getting the offers that he wants or that intrigues him, then you’ve got to hold out and wait this thing out and hope that maybe a in a month or so, he’s able to travel and go check out teams and whatnot.”
    ” They know his ins, his outs, his injuries, what his timelines are like,” Bumpus said. “They know him the best, so I think they’re going to give him at least a fair offer. He might not like the offer – I never though the Seahawks would give him the offer that he wanted – but I thought they would give him a fair offer. And I think he’s probably seeing that that’s the best that he’s going to get..."
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm
  • Another dead day on the Seahawk FA news end. All Clowney stories are basically repeats. There were a number of signings but none involving Seahawks past, present, or future. So I've spent the past 2 days catching up on my most pressing to-do list around the ranch as we are due for another big dose of rain all night tonight and into tomorrow. I'm as ready as I can be for action of both fronts.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 pm
  • Just got the news flash that the league has approved the resolution to expands playoff field. That will add another wild card game to both conferences.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:50 am
  • We're having a little ice storm this morning, so after I finished chores I took a quick trip through the rumor and deal section of the net. IT's all just rehashes of what we've got going in threads downstream. Except for one item regarding Yannick. Sounds as though the Jags are finally starting to make overtures by leaking that they expect to get at least a first round pick "and more" for him. He reportedly still has 18M outstanding on his current contract which, should he sign the tender, is fully guaranteed for the upcoming season. That's a hefty ticket. He played this past season for $834,269.
    https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-looki ... k-ngakoue/

All things considered Clowney remains the most attractive rusher for Seattle to secure. It's just a matter of getting all the "i"s and "t"s figured out by both parties. Word is Clowney is in no rush but Seahawks have a limit to their patience. Sounds like a game of chicken on a gravel road.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:45 am
  • Still no news on the Clowney front. There are fresh headlines, but the stories are (like this post) re-hash fluff jobs. Cleveland is now the object of press affection due to them having the cap space to do most anything they want, and they have wanted a lot during this FA season. But they're still just Cleveland in terms of contention. Kind of like a claiming horse in the Derby lineup. They have made progress on paper, but not yet on the track.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:57 am
  • Amid concerns over problems with technology used to accomplish the upcoming draft it appears all 32 teams will participate in a pre-draft trial session.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/c ... ll/page/2/

Going to pg 3 at the link above you can scroll down to find this about Yannick:

"Defensive end Yannick Ngakoue hasn’t changed his tune about playing for the Jaguars.

Ngakoue said before the team used the franchise tag that he wanted to move on and reiterated that point late last month when he said that it is obvious his time in Jacksonville is up. During an appearance on ESPN Tuesday, Ngakoue shared some of what he hopes to find with a new team.

“I really wanna be a part of a team that has a great culture,” Ngakoue said. “Winning is a habit and I don’t want to be with a team where losing is a norm of anything of that nature. I want to be a part of something special.”

A recent report indicated the Jaguars are in the market for a first-round pick and other considerations in order to move Ngakoue in a trade. No one has hit that price yet and the Jags showed with cornerback Jalen Ramsey that they are willing to bide their time until an offer they want comes their way.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:45 pm
  • With Cleveland being the most oft mentioned Clowney suitor recently, I found the following article addressing that topic today.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ney-rumors

It doesn't sound like Cleveland is breaking their neck in hot pursuit.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:04 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:With Cleveland being the most oft mentioned Clowney suitor recently, I found the following article addressing that topic today.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ney-rumors

It doesn't sound like Cleveland is breaking their neck in hot pursuit.

This may continue until after the draft when things are more set.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:12 pm
  • Looking like you're probably right chris. The draft is getting closer day by day. I an hardly wait to see what surprises our guys pull on us this year. I have my own priorities and hopes, but they almost always fool me. I can tell you Collier was not even on my radar!
    Here's the latest on Clowney from BR. Nothing really new, but working from home for this long all the rumor factories don't have much to work with. Top storyline.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/288 ... -tom-brady
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:17 pm
  • https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/ ... space-team
    Here’s the complete rundown for all 32 teams, in descending order of cap space: (Don't neglect to check out Rams at very bottom of the list)

Browns – $40.2MM
    Lions – $29.5MM
    Eagles – $27.1MM
    Colts – $24MM
    Dolphins – $23.9MM
    Redskins – $23.8MM
    Chargers – $22.3MM
    Titans – $21.5MM
    Bills – $20.9MM
    Texans – $18.6MM
    Broncos – $17.5MM
    Giants – $17.1MM
    Jets – $15.5MM
    Jaguars – $14.6MM
    Cowboys – $13.6MM
    Buccaneers – $13.5MM
    49ers – $13.4MM
    Seahawks – $12.6MM
    Vikings – $12.3MM
    Ravens – $11.3MM
    Packers – $11.08MM
    Bears – $11.03MM
    Panthers – $9.4MM
    Raiders – $8.8MM
    Bengals – $7.3MM
    Steelers – $7.2MM
    Cardinals – $7MM
    Saints – $5.3MM
    Chiefs – $2.9MM
    Falcons – $2.4MM
    Patriots – $1.2MM
    Rams – (-$5.3MM)
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:52 pm

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:24 am

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:04 pm
  • Uh oh. Just got a news flash that Bronc's LB Miller tested positive.
    Wont affect the draft but it could serve to further delay any OTAs or camp.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 am
  • The draft begins 5 days from now. That will give us 2 days of anguish to hash out, then a lot of stuff to talk about while admiring our new stable of steeds. Then we can get back to where we're at with Clowney, Griff, and the Yannick thing, but with a new perspective on our roster needs as we hold our breath for safe times to have OTA and camp sessions.
    I'm looking forward to it, but I want it to be safe for all so we don't have to start his whole virus thing all over again.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:13 am
  • As if draft anticipation weren't already enough, we get started early with the anguish...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/18/mekhi-bec ... raft-2020/

Becton wasn't the only one either.
    "The former Louisville star was one of multiple prospects to have a drug test flagged at the NFL Combine, NFL Network reported Friday."

The latest CBS mock of entire draft is not all that encouraging from Seahawk standpoint.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:50 pm
  • While we're waiting for the draft any who haven't noticed the Film Session posts JVille has been making should check them out. Great stuff. Sure brings back memories from the old days. What a difference the digital age has made! I recall haivng only one shot at watching a play because it was so much trouble to rewind the film reel on the projector. :lol:
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:44 am
  • https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_31810343

Apparently there were serious problems in yesterday trial run with all teams participating just as they would have for the real deal. There were technical problems and worries about hackers, to name 2 concerns. Bandwidth another.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Previous

It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information