Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Free Agency Wish List

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Your Free Agency Wish List
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:25 am
  • What are your realistic hopes for how things shape out?

Do you have any obscure names you think could be cheap and have a big impact?

Let's hear them
    massari
    NET Veteran

Re: Your Free Agency Wish List
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am
  • Free agency is NOT cheap.

This team needs DE and probably DT, so, there are a bunch of names to throw out there. Von Miller is one and the Donkeys may want to part ways. Everson Griffin would be a nice get and of course Clowney. C. Campbell may get moved by Jax.

OJ Howard is a TE and not an FA but trades will probably happen in the free agency period.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:37 am
  • Emanuel Sanders
    Gregg Olsen
    Brandon Scherff
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:25 am
  • Yannick Ngakoue
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:30 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:This team needs DE and probably DT, so, there are a bunch of names to throw out there. Von Miller is one and the Donkeys may want to part ways. Everson Griffin would be a nice get and of course Clowney. C. Campbell may get moved by Jax.

OJ Howard is a TE and not an FA but trades will probably happen in the free agency period.

Wow if Von Miller is available that'd be interesting to have opposite of Clowney. Wonder what it'd take to get a 31 year old elite edge rusher? Can't imagine they get what the Seahawks got for Clark, so something like a 2nd+3rd like they gave up for Duane Brown?

Getting Campbell for hopefully at least the next couple seasons would be on my wish list too. A Legit 3T and edge rusher in one body, dominant against the pass and run, yes please. He's like a ticking time bomb at 34 years old, but giving up something like the 3rd rd comp pick+another mid rd pick is definitely worth it.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:40 pm
  • Trade for Ryan Kerrigan, sign Vic Beasley, sign Kendall Fuller and take care of your own.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:58 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:This team needs DE and probably DT, so, there are a bunch of names to throw out there. Von Miller is one and the Donkeys may want to part ways. Everson Griffin would be a nice get and of course Clowney. C. Campbell may get moved by Jax.

Wow if Von Miller is available that'd be interesting to have opposite of Clowney. Wonder what it'd take to get a 31 year old elite edge rusher? Can't imagine they get what the Seahawks got for Clark, so something like a 2nd+3rd like they gave up for Duane Brown?

Getting Campbell for hopefully at least the next couple seasons would be on my wish list too. A Legit 3T and edge rusher in one body, dominant against the pass and run, yes please. He's like a ticking time bomb at 34 years old, but giving up something like the 3rd rd comp pick+another mid rd pick is definitely worth it.

Dont think Clowney & Miller would fit within the cap. Paying two D lineman $40+ mil might be a bit too rich.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:04 pm
  • Defense
    Defense
    Defense

DL.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:12 pm
  • Austin Hooper
    Jack Conklin
    Chris Harris
    A.J. Green
    Chris Jones
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:24 pm
  • Try and get

Clowny DE
    Hargrave DT
    Hopkins TE
    Sheriff OT

Draft Biadasz, Qushenberry, Ruiz, Humphrey or Hanson to replace Britt. (All could start day1).

By letting Britt go we are near 70mil in cap space. However it all plays out, if we can hit on our draft this year, we should be in excellent shape for a SB run next year!
    12forlife
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:47 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Dont think Clowney & Miller would fit within the cap. Paying two D lineman $40+ mil might be a bit too rich.

Looking at Over The Cap, I'm pretty sure Miller would only have an $18M cap hit each of the next two seasons if he's traded. His base salary + workout bonus, unless I'm mistaken.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:48 pm
  • massari wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Dont think Clowney & Miller would fit within the cap. Paying two D lineman $40+ mil might be a bit too rich.

Looking at Over The Cap, I'm pretty sure Miller would only have an $18M cap hit each of the next two seasons if he's traded. His base salary + workout bonus, unless I'm mistaken.

Thats how I read it also, and added say $20-$22mil For Clowney. I wonder if Miller would restructure for a shot at another ring?
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:21 pm
  • Please no one over 30.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:37 pm
  • Need to resign clowney or else we will have no pressure. A lot depends on what reed wants. Al Woods was ok for 3 mill but we need some tanks inside.

I’d sign Olsen

I’m not to optimistic about getting any pass rush in the draft so really you need to trade or sign someone to put across from clowney. 2-4th round there’s gonna be a lot of good OT’s so I’d go that way in those rounds and probably take a WR at 27 of one of the top 5 guys falls. Because there’s always teams in the 5-15 range with a good QB but no weapons this draft you could get a WR that’s elite at the back of the 1st round. Plus there’s not much in FA I’d be interested in. Maybe Watkins if the chiefs cut him . Need a corner too but I’d maybe go with a vet there to help some of the young guys on D
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:05 pm
  • Dline
    Oline
    Wr
    Cb
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:58 am
  • The cupboard is almost empty on the DLine finding a solid 3 tech would be sweet, paying that guy not so much. I'd do it for Calais Campbell b/c he is a special player, but not many other older players. However an addition of young quality interior depth is needed to allow for the development of Green and hopefully Collier. I'm not big on signing cheap one year DT retreads like the team has recently as this has decreased the talent level of the DLine, to next to nothing. The team needs to keep Clowney and find a player that could compliment him on the other side. Ansah is not an answer. There seems little depth quality at DE in the draft so paying an established player from another team seems necessary. Acquiring a second contract DT is a wish list item for me, but only after Clowney and a Leo rush DE are acquired.

Next up the OLine, we've had a collection of players at the end of the careers or plain early round busts occupy cap space while underperforming their contracts. There are a good number of quality Olinemean in the draft so that's where the team needs focus to improve the age of the OLine and the depth at every spot. The team doesn't need to acquire a FA for the OLine and would be well rid of 'the drive killer' aka Ifedi. Letting ifedi go in FA is a FA wish list item.

The team needs a quality NCB and never found that guy after Coleman left. The draft is deep at CB so I'd expect to see an early pick, but I'd pay for an established guy in FA.

The draft is weak at TE and acquiring a top level genuine TE is a FA wish, but only if the price is right b/c the young depth here now is solid but injury prone.

The draft is deep at WR and there are lots of quality WRs in the draft so it likely isn't a FA need like DE or interior DT, but idf the right guy is available why not. I want the team to add speed.

DE, DT, NCB, WR are my wish list positions.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:28 am
  • The one very positive thing about this Off-season is that we have plenty of money to make the right FA moves. That also includes some specific cuts before FA starts. At least that would be my expectation.

First, I would cut Dickson, Britt and possibly TJ Wright depending on what happens in FA and the draft. Dickson is just too hurt and age is against him. Britt is coming off a serious ACL and his contract doesn't support his value going forward. Last Wright is a warrior, but injuries, contract and age are hard to ignore going forward. That gives us nearly $20M extra to work with in FA. Add in $2M for cutting TT and we have the money to fix the Defense for certain.

FA:

Re-sign DE Clowney
    Re-sign DT/DE Jefferson
    Sign either DT Hargrave or Leonard Williams
    Sign DE Beasley or DE Ngakoue (probably Beasley will be more in our price range)
    Re-Sign Woods
    Sign TE (your pick, but not more than $5M per year)
    Re-sign Fant for RT and move to LT when Brown retires.

Our D-Line would be fixed for 3-4 years.

Depending on how contracts are written we could still have funds for a few more players. If so, I would look at a WR, LB, nickle corner and OL not necessarily in that order.

If this happened the draft would be set up for OL, OL, OL, WR, RB, LB, DT, ect. In other words fix the DL in FA and get young on our O-Line.

That would be my plan.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:40 am
  • First, I would cut Dickson, Britt and possibly TJ Wright depending on what happens in FA and the draft. Dickson is just too hurt and age is against him. Britt is coming off a serious ACL and his contract doesn't support his value going forward. Last Wright is a warrior, but injuries, contract and age are hard to ignore going forward. That gives us nearly $20M extra to work with in FA. Add in $2M for cutting TT and we have the money to fix the Defense for certain.

FA:

Re-sign DE Clowney
    Re-sign DT/DE Jefferson
    Sign either DT Hargrave or Leonard Williams
    Sign DE Beasley or DE Ngakoue (probably Beasley will be more in our price range)
    Re-Sign Woods
    Sign TE (your pick, but not more than $5M per year)
    Re-sign Fant for RT and move to LT when Brown retires.

Our D-Line would be fixed for 3-4 years.

Depending on how contracts are written we could still have funds for a few more players. If so, I would look at a WR, LB, nickle corner and OL not necessarily in that order.

If this happened the draft would be set up for OL, OL, OL, WR, RB, LB, DT, ect. In other words fix the DL in FA and get young on our O-Line.

That would be my plan.

Agree with alot of this except, the option @ DE I might go that route as option 2, but Ravens dont have the money to resign all their guys, hope they do a tag & trade for Judon. Plus we need help @ cb, Flowers needs to atleast be pushed for his Starting job or flat replaced, maybe see how he works at Safety? + Need a lock down nickle corner so we dont have to try and cover WR's w/ LB's. There are some sticky nickle corners in this draft. With all the elite OT gone by our pick, dont be surprised if our pick isn't a WR, especially if Shenault is still available, he would be a chest piece from hell for Russell. I also imagine one of our 1st 4 picks is a TE! Maybe Kmet with our 1st!
    12forlife
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:44 am
  • Re-sign Clowney

Re-sign Q Jeff

Sign Bud Dupree. I want to get faster and crazier with this one. He ran a 4.52 at about 270 pounds with a 42 inch vert. Runs split leg and crazy like Marshawn. Is just now coming into his own and won't cost as much as some others. Freak of nature athlete and plays kind of nuts.

Sign Vince Wilfork...er...Danny Shelton. Want to see a real true powerhouse at 1 tech for a change. He can still move pretty well too. That hasn't changed. Holds an actual double team like a guy like that should and can shove his way to change run lanes. We had trouble at DT against the run. Woods was ok, Reed was ok, Poona flashed at times, but I want a real true run lane killer+.

Draft Kyle Dugger. Just ###&## do it.

Overall, I just want to see more speed and energy outside of Shelton, who can still move pretty well.

Re-sign Fant
    Re-sign Akeem King
    Re-sign Like Willson
    Re-sign David Moore
    Re-sign Hollister
    Re-sign Jordan Simmons
    Re-sign Jordan Roos
    Re-sign Malik Turner
    Re-sign Tyrone Swoopes

Draft everywhere. Best player available. Speed, Size, etc. More SPARQ players like we had once. No more slow pokes.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:41 am
  • I think the defense should be bolstered more through FA than the draft for an immediate turnaround although I don't have someone specifically in mind at this point.

One guy specifically that I do have in mind, though not on defense, is Austin Hooper.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:19 pm
  • If you guys had to pick between a NCB like Chris Harris and a TE like Austin Hooper for the same salary, who would you sign?
    massari
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:44 pm
  • Everson Griffin, after a Clowney signing.

Denver may release Von Griffin, imagine him and Clowney off the EDGE.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:24 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Everson Griffin, after a Clowney signing.

There would be a dead cap hit of $21mil if they cut him.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:32 pm
  • Darius Slay would make this team immediately better. And yes I know he's not a free agent.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:10 pm
  • As much as anyone wants to focus on other areas, our biggest need is penetration from the defensive line. We were middle of the pack in hurries, but bottom five in Qb hits, knockdowns and sacks. Despite that we were still tied for fifth in interceptions. With an improvement in penetration, we are legit Super Bowl contenders again.

Let Ansah walk. Re-sign Jefferson.

As much as it seems counter-intuitive, I want to let Clowney walk. As I have pointed out in other threads, he is a great penetrator being in the top five in several categories other than sacks, but we need to get the QB on the ground. I'd much rather see us sign Robert Quinn who should cost less than Clowney due to age.

Use that extra money to snag either Javon Hargrave, Maliek Collins or David Onyemata to pair with Reed or if we can get a combo of them, let Reed walk completely. I put Hargrove well above the other two as his missed tackle percentage is significantly lower than the others. The other DTs out there will be out of our price range.

As much as the big space eater Al Woods made a difference, I don't want him back. He has passed his prime and has practically no ability to get to the QB. It is very interesting to me that we signed Bryan Mone, since he does not play his size at all. If our staff is working on getting him to lose thirty to forty pounds without losing strength he might prove to be our space eating DT.

There are a bunch of other spots that we can fill with free agency, but these are the key moves.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:44 pm
  • Probably have to release/restructure Britt, Wright, Dickson, Thompson....

DE Clowney $21M

DE Robert Quinn $11M - weak against the run. Green/Collier can step in accordingly.

DT Leonard Williams or Javon Hargrave $13M - would settle for Reed if unable to get one of them.

DL Jefferson $5M

DT Danny Shelton $4M

Whichever of these can be afforded after those big DL signings:

OT Fant $6M

TE Tyler Eifert $4M-$5M - Gamble. Low guaranteed money to go with some incentives. One of the best pass blocking TE and a good run blocker to go with his receiving production

LG Iupati $2M

Hollister, Moore, Jordan Simmons

RB Mike Davis - vet minimum

Kendricks could be brought back for cheap if they're unable to get Wright back
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:31 am
  • Can someone explain to me why we would go after an expensive TE in free agency as the talking heads are saying? If Dissly finally gets healthy, and we resign Hollister and/or Willson for cheaper than these high-profile FAs (like OJ Howard or Hunter Henry), why do we need a TE?

IMO, D-line is where we need to hit it big in FA. Signing Clowney is the #1 priority on my wishlist as well as a big DT to stop the run.
    aawolf
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:41 am
  • Well josh Norman was just released today.. He has dipped in the past two years but a change of scenery might help rejuvenate him once again. I wouldn't be ecstatic about signing him, but I wouldn't be opposed to a one year vet prove it type deal either.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 am
  • aawolf wrote:Can someone explain to me why we would go after an expensive TE in free agency as the talking heads are saying? If Dissly finally gets healthy, and we resign Hollister and/or Willson for cheaper than these high-profile FAs (like OJ Howard or Hunter Henry), why do we need a TE?

IMO, D-line is where we need to hit it big in FA. Signing Clowney is the #1 priority on my wishlist as well as a big DT to stop the run.

Dissly is unlikely to stay healthy and after two very serious injuries will he ever be 100 percent? He probably wont even be ready for week 1.
    Willsson is filler and past his prime...if he had one. Hes not on this team next year.
    Hollister did well but imo he is not a starting te. He made some crucial mistakes down the stretch.
    They need to add someone decent as Wilson loves targeting the TE.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:14 am
  • There will be ZERO cheap options for a DE EDGE rusher in free agency. It is a position that gets paid. Unfortunately the Hawks need 2 of them, so they are going to need to cut some players that are going to raise a few eyebrows OR make a trade.

Any of the players listed is going to be expensive.

I'm hoping Reakwon Davis slips to #27 and they don't trade that pick away. His sack production fell off a cliff but he is big, tall and is more like Campbell than any player for the last several years.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am
  • I am hoping for some Clemons magic, we got him for little to nothing really, he was in a scheme and not used to his best abilities. Pete and John need to find a couple of these guys that are not in the bullseye but just outside in the second or third ring based on productivity but not talent that we can insert and use to their best capabilities.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:13 pm
  • DT Jordan Phillip would be an upgrade over Jaren Reed and will be in the same price range.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:44 pm
  • Dupree, Quinn, Byron Jones, and Chris Harris if you can't get Jones.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Everson Griffin, after a Clowney signing.

Who is Von Griffin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:04 pm

• Griffen or Quinn would now be my top two choices to pair with Clowney, since they're going to be more affordable than other top free agents
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:45 am
  • If Clowney is signed i really like Griffin on a 1 year deal. Great passion, motor and seems like the culture in Seattle would be a great fit.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:29 am
  • Absolutely, love Griffen. Hell of a player, tough guy, team player, all of it.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:37 am
  • I don't think Griffen takes a one year deal or is anywhere near cheap. If we re-sign Clowney, Olsen will have been our other big signing.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 am
  • He'll def. want a nice chunk of change. Doesn't hurt to wish though.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 am
  • Griffen is 32, and will not command top tier money. I'd be willing to guess that he signs for somewhere along the lines of 3 years $36mil with $30mil Gt'd.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:02 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Griffen is 32, and will not command top tier money. I'd be willing to guess that he signs for somewhere along the lines of 3 years $36mil with $30mil Gt'd.

I'd probably guess 10 mil higher, but that ballpark, sure.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 am
  • Snacks Harrison about to be released by the Lions. They seem dead set on getting rid of all their good players :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:11 am
  • Tical21 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Griffen is 32, and will not command top tier money. I'd be willing to guess that he signs for somewhere along the lines of 3 years $36mil with $30mil Gt'd.

I'd probably guess 10 mil higher, but that ballpark, sure.

If he is asking for multi year deal at $16mil+ per than I would pass on that all day.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information