Your Free Agency Wish List

massari

Reaction score
What are your realistic hopes for how things shape out?

Do you have any obscure names you think could be cheap and have a big impact?

Let's hear them

Largent80

Reaction score
Free agency is NOT cheap.

This team needs DE and probably DT, so, there are a bunch of names to throw out there. Von Miller is one and the Donkeys may want to part ways. Everson Griffin would be a nice get and of course Clowney. C. Campbell may get moved by Jax.

OJ Howard is a TE and not an FA but trades will probably happen in the free agency period.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Largent80":1q0n8jqq said:
This team needs DE and probably DT, so, there are a bunch of names to throw out there. Von Miller is one and the Donkeys may want to part ways. Everson Griffin would be a nice get and of course Clowney. C. Campbell may get moved by Jax.

OJ Howard is a TE and not an FA but trades will probably happen in the free agency period.
Wow if Von Miller is available that'd be interesting to have opposite of Clowney. Wonder what it'd take to get a 31 year old elite edge rusher? Can't imagine they get what the Seahawks got for Clark, so something like a 2nd+3rd like they gave up for Duane Brown?

Getting Campbell for hopefully at least the next couple seasons would be on my wish list too. A Legit 3T and edge rusher in one body, dominant against the pass and run, yes please. He's like a ticking time bomb at 34 years old, but giving up something like the 3rd rd comp pick+another mid rd pick is definitely worth it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Trade for Ryan Kerrigan, sign Vic Beasley, sign Kendall Fuller and take care of your own.

2_0_6

Reaction score
massari":2e5aqzlg said:
Largent80":2e5aqzlg said:

Wow if Von Miller is available that'd be interesting to have opposite of Clowney. Wonder what it'd take to get a 31 year old elite edge rusher? Can't imagine they get what the Seahawks got for Clark, so something like a 2nd+3rd like they gave up for Duane Brown?

Getting Campbell for hopefully at least the next couple seasons would be on my wish list too. A Legit 3T and edge rusher in one body, dominant against the pass and run, yes please. He's like a ticking time bomb at 34 years old, but giving up something like the 3rd rd comp pick+another mid rd pick is definitely worth it.

Dont think Clowney & Miller would fit within the cap. Paying two D lineman $40+ mil might be a bit too rich.

12forlife

Reaction score
Try and get

Clowny DE
Hargrave DT
Hopkins TE
Sheriff OT

Draft Biadasz, Qushenberry, Ruiz, Humphrey or Hanson to replace Britt. (All could start day1).

By letting Britt go we are near 70mil in cap space. However it all plays out, if we can hit on our draft this year, we should be in excellent shape for a SB run next year!

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
2_0_6":3qr4ab9l said:
Dont think Clowney & Miller would fit within the cap. Paying two D lineman $40+ mil might be a bit too rich.
Looking at Over The Cap, I'm pretty sure Miller would only have an $18M cap hit each of the next two seasons if he's traded. His base salary + workout bonus, unless I'm mistaken.

2_0_6

Reaction score
massari":2iapoo3n said:
2_0_6":2iapoo3n said:
Looking at Over The Cap, I'm pretty sure Miller would only have an $18M cap hit each of the next two seasons if he's traded. His base salary + workout bonus, unless I'm mistaken.

Thats how I read it also, and added say $20-$22mil For Clowney. I wonder if Miller would restructure for a shot at another ring?

Kinger95

Reaction score
Need to resign clowney or else we will have no pressure. A lot depends on what reed wants. Al Woods was ok for 3 mill but we need some tanks inside.

I’d sign Olsen

I’m not to optimistic about getting any pass rush in the draft so really you need to trade or sign someone to put across from clowney. 2-4th round there’s gonna be a lot of good OT’s so I’d go that way in those rounds and probably take a WR at 27 of one of the top 5 guys falls. Because there’s always teams in the 5-15 range with a good QB but no weapons this draft you could get a WR that’s elite at the back of the 1st round. Plus there’s not much in FA I’d be interested in. Maybe Watkins if the chiefs cut him . Need a corner too but I’d maybe go with a vet there to help some of the young guys on D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The cupboard is almost empty on the DLine finding a solid 3 tech would be sweet, paying that guy not so much. I'd do it for Calais Campbell b/c he is a special player, but not many other older players. However an addition of young quality interior depth is needed to allow for the development of Green and hopefully Collier. I'm not big on signing cheap one year DT retreads like the team has recently as this has decreased the talent level of the DLine, to next to nothing. The team needs to keep Clowney and find a player that could compliment him on the other side. Ansah is not an answer. There seems little depth quality at DE in the draft so paying an established player from another team seems necessary. Acquiring a second contract DT is a wish list item for me, but only after Clowney and a Leo rush DE are acquired.

Next up the OLine, we've had a collection of players at the end of the careers or plain early round busts occupy cap space while underperforming their contracts. There are a good number of quality Olinemean in the draft so that's where the team needs focus to improve the age of the OLine and the depth at every spot. The team doesn't need to acquire a FA for the OLine and would be well rid of 'the drive killer' aka Ifedi. Letting ifedi go in FA is a FA wish list item.

The team needs a quality NCB and never found that guy after Coleman left. The draft is deep at CB so I'd expect to see an early pick, but I'd pay for an established guy in FA.

The draft is weak at TE and acquiring a top level genuine TE is a FA wish, but only if the price is right b/c the young depth here now is solid but injury prone.

The draft is deep at WR and there are lots of quality WRs in the draft so it likely isn't a FA need like DE or interior DT, but idf the right guy is available why not. I want the team to add speed.

DE, DT, NCB, WR are my wish list positions.

kf3339

Reaction score
The one very positive thing about this Off-season is that we have plenty of money to make the right FA moves. That also includes some specific cuts before FA starts. At least that would be my expectation.

First, I would cut Dickson, Britt and possibly TJ Wright depending on what happens in FA and the draft. Dickson is just too hurt and age is against him. Britt is coming off a serious ACL and his contract doesn't support his value going forward. Last Wright is a warrior, but injuries, contract and age are hard to ignore going forward. That gives us nearly $20M extra to work with in FA. Add in $2M for cutting TT and we have the money to fix the Defense for certain.

FA:

Re-sign DE Clowney
Re-sign DT/DE Jefferson
Sign either DT Hargrave or Leonard Williams
Sign DE Beasley or DE Ngakoue (probably Beasley will be more in our price range)
Re-Sign Woods
Sign TE (your pick, but not more than $5M per year)
Re-sign Fant for RT and move to LT when Brown retires.

Our D-Line would be fixed for 3-4 years.

Depending on how contracts are written we could still have funds for a few more players. If so, I would look at a WR, LB, nickle corner and OL not necessarily in that order.

If this happened the draft would be set up for OL, OL, OL, WR, RB, LB, DT, ect. In other words fix the DL in FA and get young on our O-Line.

That would be my plan.

12forlife

Reaction score
First, I would cut Dickson, Britt and possibly TJ Wright depending on what happens in FA and the draft. Dickson is just too hurt and age is against him. Britt is coming off a serious ACL and his contract doesn't support his value going forward. Last Wright is a warrior, but injuries, contract and age are hard to ignore going forward. That gives us nearly $20M extra to work with in FA. Add in $2M for cutting TT and we have the money to fix the Defense for certain.

FA:

Re-sign DE Clowney
Re-sign DT/DE Jefferson
Sign either DT Hargrave or Leonard Williams
Sign DE Beasley or DE Ngakoue (probably Beasley will be more in our price range)
Re-Sign Woods
Sign TE (your pick, but not more than $5M per year)
Re-sign Fant for RT and move to LT when Brown retires.

Our D-Line would be fixed for 3-4 years.

Depending on how contracts are written we could still have funds for a few more players. If so, I would look at a WR, LB, nickle corner and OL not necessarily in that order.

If this happened the draft would be set up for OL, OL, OL, WR, RB, LB, DT, ect. In other words fix the DL in FA and get young on our O-Line.

That would be my plan.

Agree with alot of this except, the option @ DE I might go that route as option 2, but Ravens dont have the money to resign all their guys, hope they do a tag & trade for Judon. Plus we need help @ cb, Flowers needs to atleast be pushed for his Starting job or flat replaced, maybe see how he works at Safety? + Need a lock down nickle corner so we dont have to try and cover WR's w/ LB's. There are some sticky nickle corners in this draft. With all the elite OT gone by our pick, dont be surprised if our pick isn't a WR, especially if Shenault is still available, he would be a chest piece from hell for Russell. I also imagine one of our 1st 4 picks is a TE! Maybe Kmet with our 1st!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Re-sign Clowney

Re-sign Q Jeff

Sign Bud Dupree. I want to get faster and crazier with this one. He ran a 4.52 at about 270 pounds with a 42 inch vert. Runs split leg and crazy like Marshawn. Is just now coming into his own and won't cost as much as some others. Freak of nature athlete and plays kind of nuts.

Sign Vince Wilfork...er...Danny Shelton. Want to see a real true powerhouse at 1 tech for a change. He can still move pretty well too. That hasn't changed. Holds an actual double team like a guy like that should and can shove his way to change run lanes. We had trouble at DT against the run. Woods was ok, Reed was ok, Poona flashed at times, but I want a real true run lane killer+.

Draft Kyle Dugger. Just ###&## do it.

Overall, I just want to see more speed and energy outside of Shelton, who can still move pretty well.

Re-sign Fant
Re-sign Akeem King
Re-sign Like Willson
Re-sign David Moore
Re-sign Hollister
Re-sign Jordan Simmons
Re-sign Jordan Roos
Re-sign Malik Turner
Re-sign Tyrone Swoopes

Draft everywhere. Best player available. Speed, Size, etc. More SPARQ players like we had once. No more slow pokes.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I think the defense should be bolstered more through FA than the draft for an immediate turnaround although I don't have someone specifically in mind at this point.

One guy specifically that I do have in mind, though not on defense, is Austin Hooper.

Latest posts