Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DL Draft History - Is this worse than league average

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Here is a list of DL/DE that John and Pete have drafted. It looks like to me that only two of these players are still in the NFL and are true contributors. Argument could be made fro Jefferson and Marsh. But overall nothing more than a backup. It looks like they have a 13 percent chance of drafting a starter on the DL. I wonder what the league average is to draft a starting DLineman.

Malik Mcdowell
    naz** Jones
    Jaren Reed
    Quinteen Jefferson
    (DE) Frank Clark
    Kristan Skokoli
    (DE) Cassius Marsh
    Jimmy Staten
    Jordan Hill
    Jessie Williams
    Ty Powell
    Jordan Smith
    Jay Howard
    Lazarius Levingston
    EJ Wilson
    stang233
    NET Rookie

• I think your #’s are off a little. Some(1) were drafted specifically to be converted to OL and you forgot Sweezy. Also, the round selected needs to be factored in. I would think most are 4th round or later, with a couple of 2’s and 3’s sprinkled in. The huge miss though is Malik McDowell. It’s open for debate where the blame lies for that, so I’m not going there. As long as the process is being continuously refined to improve future results and we have learned not to make the same mistakes, I’m ok with it.

To answer your ?, I think you would need the round for each x the hit rate associated with each round. You also need some sort of time factor or at least the avg. career length of DL due to the time span your looking at.

I can tell you this, we’ve done better in FA than the draft but I think that’s true for most line position groups.
    12th Dimension
    NET Bench Warmer

• stang233 wrote:Here is a list of DL/DE that John and Pete have drafted. It looks like to me that only two of these players are still in the NFL and are true contributors. Argument could be made fro Jefferson and Marsh. But overall nothing more than a backup. It looks like they have a 13 percent chance of drafting a starter on the DL. I wonder what the league average is to draft a starting DLineman.

Malik Mcdowell
    naz** Jones
    Jaren Reed
    Quinteen Jefferson
    (DE) Frank Clark
    Kristan Skokoli
    (DE) Cassius Marsh
    Jimmy Staten
    Jordan Hill
    Jessie Williams
    Ty Powell
    Jordan Smith
    Jay Howard
    Lazarius Levingston
    EJ Wilson

This is is not position specific, but it should answer some questions about Seahawks success rate. https://overthecap.com/looking-at-nfl-draft-success-since-2015/
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• Bruce Irvin was a DE his rookie year
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• They suck at Drafting DL but we have done good in FA and trades

Bennett
    Avril
    McDougal
    Branch
    Clowney
    Clemons