Seahawks scouting P.J. Walker (QB)

DJrmb

Reaction score
Walker is legit. He looks eerily similar to DeSean Watson out there.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I agree he looks like a very interesting addition for competition, but I'm happy if Geno is part of that too. He has done very well for us, even though he never saw the field once reg season began. Russ is such an iron man Seahawk backup QB is about the best job you could have!
FWIW if we didn't have Russ, Watson would be my top choice.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
True RW has been an iron man but not many QB's get hurt anymore and play
a lot longer thanks to the rules favoring them.
I'm not so sure I want P.J.as a backup..He gets TO prone at times and I think
that is why he is in the XFL.
I'd rather draft or sign as a FA rookie RW's future replacement..He might not
be from a big school but it's time to think four years down the road as time
goes by fast.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I doubt we'd be able to get him as a backup behind Russ. A team will sign him and let him compete for a starting job most likely. Especially if he wins MVP of the whole league like he's on pace for.

DJrmb

Reaction score
[youtube]cTXAGvwDUfE[/youtube]

[youtube]CrQiD9nLq4k[/youtube]

[youtube]pz-hocjdne0[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He threw a horrible pick against the Seattle Dragons that should have been an pick six, that led to a Dragons TD.
Stared down the receiver the whole way.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":242c8ql9 said:
I doubt we'd be able to get him as a backup behind Russ. A team will sign him and let him compete for a starting job most likely. Especially if he wins MVP of the whole league like he's on pace for.

I think you're overvaluing the XFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There has to be a few guys from the XFL that could play in the NFL, I can't see anything wrong with bringing a player in to attempt to win a roster spot. There is just no way Walker would beat out RW so he's be a backup here and could have time with quality coaching to turn into an asset.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ci66dmk said:
He threw a horrible pick against the Seattle Dragons that should have been an pick six, that led to a Dragons TD.

Yeah, it looked almost exactly like RW's pick six by Desmond King. He also came back and threw a 50 yard dime along the sideline in their comeback win while backed up inside the 10 yard-line. You guys are making me defend him, and I don't think he's made it or anything, but come on. Don't act like he has no talent. The guy looks worthy of another shot in the NFL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":f8fyod0o said:
Sports Hernia":f8fyod0o said:

Yeah, it looked almost exactly like RW's pick six by Desmond King. He also came back and threw a 50 yard dime along the sideline in their comeback win while backed up inside the 10 yard-line. You guys are making me defend him, and I don't think he's made it or anything, but come on. Don't act like he has no talent. The guy looks worthy of another shot in the NFL.
Not dogging the guy, just said he made a horrific play. Relax.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3l6mmtju said:
DJrmb":3l6mmtju said:
Sports Hernia":3l6mmtju said:

Not dogging the guy, just said he made a horrific play. Relax.
I need to relax because I responded to your post? I'm not worked up at all. Maybe you need to relax? I was simply making a counter argument.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm rather certain that there is little need for any poster to take offence at a differing opinion. We sometimes take personal offence at the way people type their replies which miss the softening of personal disagreement that face to face contact allows to happen.

There is a reason why these guys are playing in the XFL instead of the NFL. It is fair to observe that the player here has performed very well to date in XFL, and appropriate to note the player is being assessed by the Hawks as to his potential to be a backup. It is also fair to observe the player isn't perfect and did throw a well telegraphed pick that shows some of his limitations. The player would be curious to me as a personnel guy which I'm not. One of the best features of our FO is their ability to comb through the castoff piles and find player worthy of another look, or occasionally a true diamond in the rough.

We all need to read less personal insult into posts and respect the rights of others to have differing views.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
"There is a reason why these guys are playing in the XFL instead of the NFL."
That was my first thought too Jammer, even though I always liked Jazz Ferguson to be part of our receiving crew and he sure isn't tearing it up in XFL.

One thing inherent in playing QB is the more success you have inspires confidence to take more chances, and the more chances you take the higher the likelihood you will make a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes sooner or later. The trick is to learn from them. If he can learn he looks to have some great tools to work with.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As i said earlier there has to be a few of these guys who could play in the NFL or who are worth bringing in to compete for a spot. I too hoped the team would attempt to keep Jazz Ferguson around as he had some ability that could have been coached up.

I suspect with him the team preferred the speed of Metcalf to his and made the decision they could do without him. I'd think he could find his way back to league if he could play with a decent QB in the XFL.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
We seem to be in agreement more often than not Jammer!
"I suspect with him(Jazz) the team preferred the speed of Metcalf..."
And I'm ALL IN with "the team" on that call!!!!!! DK is a major prize. IMO there is a very clear difference in level from DK to most others, but there are others that could enhance his ability to shine to his full potential. It's fun to speculate on just who those others might be. Something about Jazz really caught my eye, just as this XFL QB caught a lot of eyes. Just because a Russel Wilson he ain't doesn't mean he has no potential.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Appy you are a reasonable man who avoids hyperbole and as such easy to agree with.

The team has always with this FO regime scouted for potential diamonds in the rough, and have frequently found them. You and I agree on Ferguson who I thought was worth keeping around. By the end of the season the overpriced Brown was seen to be wanting, and the others down the DC less than reliable.

I'd like to see Ferguson invited back to camp for another look. Frankly thought his play in preseason had set him apart from both Moore and Brown with Turner potentially holding a small lead for the #3 spot. Both those guys had dead cap $ which probably made the decision harder with the team's tough cap position. It was clear the team thought they needed another big WR though with them adding Gordon who I'd also like to see more of with RW. I hope the league allows him to play again this season.

I think the depth at WR could be significantly upgraded.

As this thread is about Walker we are digressing here talking about Ferguson but some of the many underrated players the team has found have turned out well. I could see a few other XFL players attracting interest from the Hawks and other teams.

Latest posts