TE Jordan Reed to visit Seahawks today.

jmahon316

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1238164372989587459[/tweet]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hmmm...Dissly not ready? Reed is a concussion away from being retired. I would pass on this.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why in your right mind would you fly into Seattle at the moment? Is it possible it's a remote visit?

getnasty

Reaction score
Maybe the most athletic TE a couple of years ago. Kind of seems like a repeat with Jimmy Graham with the added concussion problems but if BS doesn't anything well it seems like he utilizes his TE's so i'm not mad.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Not really sure what this is all about.... Weird timing, weird choice of position, just weird all around

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player like many of the others cut prior to season starting would not count against the comp pick formula. To me it could be an answer to the quality of the TEs in this draft and a response to RW who wants the team to go after some proven quality offensive players. perhaps as well the team expects to lose Hollister to FA as they would be unlikely to place a second rd. RFA tender on him.

Seems to me though that Reed is on more concussion away from being out of football.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Oft Injured but very productive and potentially an Elite level weapon. Between Olsen and Reed we would get 16 games of great TE play and maybe even 4-6 games of having two top shelf TE's . I could see Dissley starting on the PUP so by the time one gets injured we have a replacement.

I like this move as I have been a big fan of Reed, just hope for under $5mil if so. Although it is short term, it would give Russ a lot to work with.

ttown0026

Reaction score
I would have rather of seen Seattle sign a guy like Hooper than get a couple cheaper options.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Signing him would certainly bolster the 2 TE situation until either inevitably gets hurt.

Let's see what Hooper gets paid, then maybe you will change your mind.

seabowl

Reaction score
Seven concussions. Again SEVEN concussions. The league should not even allow him to play. Ridiculous.

Teahawks

Reaction score
Reminds me of when they brought in Jermichael Finley, only to realize his injury was way too serious.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Im sure I read he was still in the concussion protocol for the last few months or something.

Edit: Holy shitballs he entered the CP after the 3rd preseason game in August and was only cleared on Feb 19th this year. Why on Earth would he risk his health? Apart from the millions of dollars obviously.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The guy is a corpse. Nobody should sign him after all those concussions, even if he doesnt understand to quit himself.

kf3339

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":15lql8sb said:
Im sure I read he was still in the concussion protocol for the last few months or something.

Edit: Holy $h!t he entered the CP after the 3rd preseason game in August and was only cleared on Feb 19th this year. Why on Earth would he risk his health? Apart from the millions of dollars obviously.

I honestly would rather just re-sign Jacob Hollister with a second round tender. We have the money and he played really well for us. Reed is one regular NFL tackle from out of the game. I wouldn't give him a contract unless it was the absolute veteran minimum with no guaranteed money at all. He should be thinking more about retirement and his next career rather than risking any more of his health.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
kf3339":2nsqe0f6 said:
UK_Seahawk":2nsqe0f6 said:

Edit: Holy $h!t he entered the CP after the 3rd preseason game in August and was only cleared on Feb 19th this year. Why on Earth would he risk his health? Apart from the millions of dollars obviously.

I honestly would rather just re-sign Jacob Hollister with a second round tender. We have the money and he played really well for us. Reed is one regular NFL tackle from out of the game. I wouldn't give him a contract unless it was the absolute veteran minimum with no guaranteed money at all. He should be thinking more about retirement and his next career rather than risking any more of his health.

It's seems almost irresponsible to let the guy play and I'm sure that will have crossed the FO's minds. I can understand why they might take time to see what the exact medical situation is but if there is the slightest doubt then its not worth it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12qeex18 said:
Why in your right mind would you fly into Seattle at the moment? Is it possible it's a remote visit?

You're right, but dude's had like 83 concussions and injuries, so my guess is the Hawks would like to give him a physical before even entertaining signing him.