Brian Schottenheimer not in charge of Seahawks passing game

HawkGA

Reaction score
Certainly curious. Interesting too that it would essentially be the opposite of how things were under Bevell. My guess is that nothing will really be all that different. BS will still run the offense the way PC wants him too. He'll just have basically an assistant coach helping with pass plays.

So basically more of a "senior assistant" than a re-allocation of duties.

John63

Reaction score
Maybe we will get lucky and at the very least the pass plays will not be so simple a 5th grader can figure them out.

getnasty

Reaction score

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I think more than likely the author is just clueless on what the coaching titles means and is badly reaching here. Being the OC, Shotty is going to have a coaching staff under him and having a passing coordinator is one of those coaching positions that helps put together the offense under Schottenheimer's control.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I don't think any of us truly know how this is all structured, or what it will actually mean.

But why Dave Canales for passing game coordinator? That's odd.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1e0dyxjp said:
I think more than likely the author is just clueless on what the coaching titles means and is badly reaching here. Being the OC, Shotty is going to have a coaching staff under him and having a passing coordinator is one of those coaching positions that helps put together the offense under Schottenheimer's control.
This.

Nunya

Reaction score
Wow....that article really did not say much, but it sure did speculate based on a lot of things the author does not seem to know.

For those that are wondering:

The Offensive Pass Coordinator is pretty much a WR coach. They are tasked with knowing the strengths and weaknesses of all of the WRs on the roster. The difference between them and the WR coach is that they are the lead when coordinating with other Offensive position and coaches. They use their knowledge of the WRs to coordinate with the QB and OC to HELP design plays and build a game plan against certain Defensive schemes. What their position does not normally entail is running the Offensive game plan on game day or, in most cases, even having any control of the passing game, the plays called, or the WRs on the field.

So, the idea that Schottenheimer is not in charge of the Seahawk's passing game is a very far stretch of the author's imagination.

chris98251

Reaction score
Film room guy to work with WR's to show them how to read a defender and run right route option I think more then anything.

John63

Reaction score
In the end tha passing game will be what PC wants no more no less. Until he shows otherwise it will be more of
the same.

Jville

Reaction score
T7zlaxzvaqytwrtblv15

The interplay between coaches will never be all that clearly understood outside of staff and facilities.

There is an alternate treatment of coaching changes linked here >>> Seahawks Announce Changes To Coaching Staff For 2020 >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-announce-changes-to-coaching-staff-for-2020[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts