Fant looks to be a Jet

seabowl

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1bxvbaq8 said:
Seems like a lot of money for Fant, a subpar Olinemen at best.

13 mil guaranteed. Not much

A-Dog

Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed, really wanted to keep Fant

Could have been the starting RT, Backup LT, heir apparent to Brown, and of course monster TE. Filled a lot of needs, still young and still with lots of upside. Really gotta hope Brown stays healthy this year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Gotta admit I'm surprised he drew that level of compensation. But I'm not at all surprised he attracted solid interest. Players with the variety of experience and skills he has accumulated are not plentiful in a profession focused on specialization.
Losing him increased the pressure on us to adjust our priorities.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
A-Dog":lne2vif9 said:
I'm pretty bummed, really wanted to keep Fant

Could have been the starting RT, Backup LT, heir apparent to Brown, and of course monster TE. Filled a lot of needs, still young and still with lots of upside. Really gotta hope Brown stays healthy this year.
You said everything I wanted to say. Thanks. He's been a fav of mine since he came to the Hawks. Bummer.

kf3339

Reaction score
You just knew he was going to leave just by his comment about wanting to be the starting LT. A shame but life goes on.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Good for him. He needs to go somewhere he was going to get a chance to start.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
10 mil a year? For FANT?? :34853_doh:
And people around here call OUR front office bad. Wow. Good, the more $ guys make as FA, the better comp pick that can come back. He's MAYBE worth 5 or 6 a year in today's market.

Ozzy

Reaction score
What worries me is how much Ifedi is going to get. If you could have signed Conklin for 14 and you pay Ifedi anything close then I'm at a loss. Conklin is light years better than Ifedi. Although Conklin may have said he would only play in the Midwest too which makes it tougher.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So far in FA the Hawks +1 for comp picks with this deal.

All in all Fant wanted out of here so he could see if he could get a shot at a starting gig at LT, I wish him luck with the Jets.

Jville

Reaction score
Starting right tackle Breno Giacomini was the previous offensive lineman the Seahawks lost to the Jets during the 2014 free agency period.

I'm glad we got to enjoy the play of Fant and his unique fit with the Seahawks. He still has additional upside development that only game snaps will bring out. Wish him all the best.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
austinslater25":jaufgbou said:
What worries me is how much Ifedi is going to get. If you could have signed Conklin for 14 and you pay Ifedi anything close then I'm at a loss. Conklin is light years better than Ifedi. Although Conklin may have said he would only play in the Midwest too which makes it tougher.
Fant > Ifedi so the salary should reflect that ..