Hawks continue abstaining from early FA

Largent80

Reaction score
Watching all the prospective players sign elsewhere is par for the course around here. Whatever...I have faith we will do something?

sutz

Reaction score
Every year. :229031_shrug:

I know a lot of folks hate it, but it does help prevent overpaying for talent. We may have a lot of cap space to spend, but we have quite a few holes to fill as well. Would love to keep Clowney, but he falls under this rubrick too.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I don't mind that they are waiting around and not getting crazy day one, but I really hope they do something with the WR corps. Adding Greg Olson isn't exactly the "get more weapons" message Russ mentioned.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I hope the silence means they're working on Clowney, his camp has been pretty silent too it seems. They were rumored to be shopping for Yannick, may be trying to figure out compensation for him or Judon. I'm pretty sure they are aware just how bad the DL was last year and need to revamp, my only concern is they wait for ideal scenario that doesn't work out and end up having to overpay castoffs. Bulaga just got a pretty team friendly deal, wonder if they are keeping Ifedi?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I am a bit surprised neither Ifedi nor Clowney has agreed anywhere yet. I'm guessing Clowney isn't getting the market he wants.

sutz

Reaction score
One problem is the CBA vote taking so long. Now that is settled, the dam has kind of burst. A lot of the trades we've seen the past couple of days could have been done last week if not for that. All those deals piling on with FA makes things seem really busy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me for the most part some teams are overpaying. $30 million for Fant? GTFOOH. At present the team is an early plus one in the comp pick calculation.

In the end perhaps the best FA deals are the ones you don't make. Or alternatively the one you don't make early.

The kind of $ that Clowney's camp is looking to get would clearly involve a lengthy negotiations and there will only be a few teams that can afford that price tag.

Lots of good players still out there and available.

hawks85

Reaction score
HawkGA":14x8l1pv said:
I am a bit surprised neither Ifedi nor Clowney has agreed anywhere yet. I'm guessing Clowney isn't getting the market he wants.
I'm still betting Clowney signs with the Colts. Despite the 2 big signings they did they still have a crap load of money to spend. Clowney has stated he wants more than what Buckner got in that trade to the Colts. That's 21 per year Clowney wants more than that. I will be absolutely shocked if Clowney re-signs here with the money he wants. Clowney lied, he said he wasn't worried about the money so much but more focused on winning the SB right now. Here he is saying he wants more than 21 mil per year. I bet Seattle already put up a offer probably around 18 mil per year. If Seattle wants to re-sign Clowney its going to be somewhere around 5yr 105mil with a crap load of guaranteed money... at least.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Hope they aren't letting Clowney hold them up. He needs to shit or get off the pot.

jmahon316

Reaction score
**Free Agency**

Everyone else: Makes moves
Seattle Seahawks: /yawn

John63

Reaction score
same old same old, hoping to get a bargain like 2013 which they have failed to do every year since. SO in other words...1 and done....again.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I wonder who the FA bargains have actually been so far this year. Nothing so far has suggested a really good deal (unless you're the Cardinals; we have fleeced BoB before, too, though).

Good players? Sure. Good price? Highly debatable.

John63

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":m19mil3q said:
I wonder who the FA bargains have actually been so far this year. Nothing so far has suggested a really good deal (unless you're the Cardinals; we have fleeced BoB before, too, though).

It depends on if it is the player or players that get you over the hump such as KC last year then its worth it. We really will not knwo till the season is on adn we see the results.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
John63":1rjvvfsu said:
Ad Hawk":1rjvvfsu said:

It depends on if it is the player or players that get you over the hump such as KC last year then its worth it. We really will not knwo till the season is on adn we see the results.
You should jump into the free agency tracker thread with your wait and see how the season plays out advice, there's some dude over there freaking out about the lack of moves so far.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Why do teams sign players early and for big money? Because they think they are quality players. Why does Seattle sit on their asses as quality players get signed? Because the arrogant front office thinks every damn year they can turn straw into gold. And they get proven wrong and very year. And then you end up like we are now. Holes at almost every position except QB and punter. The trajectory is the wrong direction and they keep swirling down.

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":vg3jwb86 said:
Why do teams sign players early and for big money? Because they think they are quality players. Why does Seattle sit on their asses as quality players get signed? Because the arrogant front office thinks every damn year they can turn straw into gold. And they get proven wrong and very year. And then you end up like we are now. Holes at almost every position except QB and punter. The trajectory is the wrong direction and they keep swirling down.

exactly although we only have a whole at #3 wr we are good and 1 and 2.

tersal

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3cs85stf said:
To me for the most part some teams are overpaying. $30 million for Fant? GTFOOH. At present the team is an early plus one in the comp pick calculation.

In the end perhaps the best FA deals are the ones you don't make. Or alternatively the one you don't make early.

The kind of $ that Clowney's camp is looking to get would clearly involve a lengthy negotiations and there will only be a few teams that can afford that price tag.

Lots of good players still out there and available.

Clowney's injury history also comes in to play. Love his play but that is a factor.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":3pti18uu said:
John63":3pti18uu said:
Ad Hawk":3pti18uu said:

You should jump into the free agency tracker thread with your wait and see how the season plays out advice, there's some dude over there freaking out about the lack of moves so far.
:bow: :bow:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, freaking out about every move that happens is so common w/Hawks fans. X player gets signed, people start the "I can't believe how stupid the Hawks are" crap. Well, there are 30 other teams who could have made the same move. But, somehow it's just the Hawks that are stupid.
Relax, they'll be just fine. Shoot, they took care of a need last night.

xray

Reaction score
I think they are saving their money in the hopes of signing Clowney which is a mistake . Even if they sign him he will not change the lack of QB sacks . As we know that strategy didn't work last season .