Bruce Irvin back to Hawks

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1240387175767781376[/tweet]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And people acted like Irvin was some horrific draft pick. Wrong, he had some solid years here. Inconsistent at times, but overall that was a hell of a draft pick. Regardless what the couch GM's and "experts" think.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Seems like competition for Griffin in the Jacob Martin role as a passing down rotational edge rusher. Could he still get snaps at SAM as well?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1u1ns12c said:
And people acted like Irvin was some horrific draft pick. Wrong, he had some solid years here.

Definitely guilty of that. I railed on about that pick viciously when it was made -- although to be fair, I was a huge Fletcher Cox honk and when he unexpectedly fell to us, I was thrilled. Until we traded back in order to get Bruce. So most of my angst was more that we lost Cox and were relegated to accepting Irvin. But Bruce became one of my all time favorite Seahawks during his time here. Glad he's back in the fold.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great signing. Versatile dude in this defense.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Bennett was a guy we let go for a while, then brought back, and to good effect. Could happen again.

Glad BRUCE is back with us!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We never really overcame his loss.

At the time it seemed not as big an issue, but it turned out to be a massive hole that we never really covered though we kept trying things to fill that hole. Glad to see him back, 80% of old Irvin is better than anything else we tried so far.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WELCOME HOME BRUCE IRVIN :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
IIRC, Bruce Irvin is a big believer in Ken Norton Jr.

I would think Norton was a convincing voice in support of Irvin's return.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/1240400725055848454[/tweet]

............................. huge reunion :2thumbs:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":9p49jbxg said:
We never really overcame his loss.

At the time it seemed not as big an issue, but it turned out to be a massive hole that we never really covered though we kept trying things to fill that hole. Glad to see him back, 80% of old Irvin is better than anything else we tried so far.
He wasn't that great for us, in fact we've had several players that are better pass rushers since then. He was a solid "meh" out of 10. A replaceable cog in the wheel, more of a role player than anything else.