Shell to Seattle

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think he starts at RT. Looks to me like Ifedi is gone. That's a good signing at a really, really good value.

Jville

Reaction score
Big - long - heavy - powerful right tackle. The shift in trend of skills mix continues. Brandon Shell is the great nephew of Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Shell.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":8ysztwjv said:
Big - long - heavy - powerful right tackle. The shift in trend of skills mix continues. Brandon Shell is the great nephew of Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Shell.
Hard to see a downside to this signing :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
scutterhawk":30l8cce5 said:
Jville":30l8cce5 said:

Brandon Shell and big D.J. Fluker could make a powerful tandem. There really wasn't a combo that stood out in my eyes in 2019. That's something to look for in 2020.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jville":3o1yqf0d said:
scutterhawk":3o1yqf0d said:
Jville":3o1yqf0d said:

Brandon Shell and big D.J. Fluker could make a powerful tandem. There really wasn't a combo that stood out in my eyes in 2019. That's something to look for in 2020.

Love what I'm seeing on the OL signings so far.

So far I'm thinking Brown-???-Finney-Fluker-Shell.

I have high hopes for that line with Pocic or a drafted player at LG.

sutz

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2cr5cmd8 said:
Jville":2cr5cmd8 said:
scutterhawk":2cr5cmd8 said:
Jville":2cr5cmd8 said:

I haven't lost hope in Britt. Maybe Brown-Finney-Britt-Fluker-Shell.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
sutz":38tc8jsk said:
Maelstrom787":38tc8jsk said:
Jville":38tc8jsk said:
scutterhawk":38tc8jsk said:

I think Phil Haynes gets his shot at LG this year.

Brown-Haynes-Finney-Fluker-Shell

Britt most-likely cut or re-structured, if so, Finney or Haynes at LG.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
sutz":2kr26ewy said:
Maelstrom787":2kr26ewy said:
Jville":2kr26ewy said:
scutterhawk":2kr26ewy said:

If we had a "like" button I would click it on this post sutz! But I'd add a caveat that I'm expecting QUALITY OL reinforcements to fall our way during the draft. Same for DL.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Oh gawd, finally shedding the rotting carapace of <rhymes-with-unable> O-lines... I was afraid it would take this long, but we're gonna be free at last!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Great signing.

Now, why the hell is everyone jumping at the gun to get rid of Britt? He was arguably our best offensive lineman when he was healthy. He's a pretty good center that knows the system and was decent in pass blocking and run blocking. We need all of the lineman that we can get.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sutz":2rz3fkhl said:
Maelstrom787":2rz3fkhl said:
Jville":2rz3fkhl said:
scutterhawk":2rz3fkhl said:

I hope he agrees to a very sizable restructuring of his contract. If not, I think he's gotta be sent off to afford Clowney. I'd much rather have Britt, but at the same time, I think Finney is good enough at C to take over without noticing a huge dropoff. Based off small sample size, but still.

James in PA

Reaction score
This move has me seriously excited — not so much about the player himself but rather the end of Ifedi in Seattle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely hard to see a downside to this move. But...……….plenty will :irishdrinkers:

Shoot, they have addressed needs the last couple days. Signing TWO O Lineman for a decent price. That was a big need, they are addressing it. And I think they clearly will pick a guy or two in the draft on the O Line. Along with 2 or 3 on the D line.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not sure what all the excitement is about this signing? Sounds like a very inconsistent player with a bottom 20% of the league ranking we just signed. Last year he lost his job to a rookie on a very bad oline, then was forced back due to injury. Sure I'll give him a shot, but my first impression is we are still in Ifedi territory here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seymour":2si5k0ii said:
Not sure what all the excitement is about this signing? Sounds like a very inconsistent player with a bottom 20% of the league ranking we just signed. Last year he lost his job to a rookie on a very bad oline, then was forced back due to injury. Sure I'll give him a shot, but my first impression is we are still in Ifedi territory here.

Yeah, but Ifedi level performance on Shell's contract in today's NFL is pretty sweet. Also, Shell has graded out slightly better than Ifedi, with less penalties.

I think it's a slight performance upgrade for better than expected value. I love that.