Bold Predictions v1

jmahon316

Reaction score
I'm thinking we sign E. Sanders and/or M. Gordon on a 1 year prove it deal. Seattle loves these types of situations, and they both are still free agents.

Sanders was quoted as saying how amazing and fun it is to be a blocking WR just last year.
Gordon is Gordon, and due to injury concerns nobody really wants to take a chance on him, maybe except for us?

Once again, Seattle loves prove-it deals.

Opinions? Yea or Nay and why?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
perhaps - I'm wondering when we'll stop with the offensive line carousel every *&$$#$^&& year

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
King Dog":t9x4aypx said:
What does Sanders have to prove?

He's 33 years old coming from a SB team. I'd say he has quite a bit left to prove. I'll be damned if that was his last chapter.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1rl4od8o said:
I'd like the Gordon pick up.

I'm not sure Sanders would take a cheap deal.

49ers (Superbowl contenders last year) don't want him anymore, yet he feels like he's not done yet. It's the classic case of "prove it"

ivotuk

Reaction score
My Bold Prediction:

We sign Clowney, and trade for and sign Yannick Ngakoue to a long term contract.

getnasty

Reaction score
ivotuk":15hbaoa4 said:
My Bold Prediction:

We sign Clowney, and trade for and sign Yannick Ngakoue to a long term contract.

I think the signing of Bruce Irvin takes that off the plate, i could see one or the other but not both.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I predict we bring in two more pass rushers.

Clowney, Griffen, Bennett, Mathews, Suh, Ngakoue, Jurdon, Golden or someone else

TreeRon

Reaction score
Gordon wants to much money. If we do't sign Clowney, trade for Yannick, Judon or someone similar, we are screwed. Now, with one of the above along with Irvin and the guys we have we'll be slightly better than LY. In the NFCW you better be able to harass the qb.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
TreeRon":32ruhrdj said:
Gordon wants to much money. If we do't sign Clowney, trade for Yannick, Judon or someone similar, we are screwed. Now, with one of the above along with Irvin and the guys we have we'll be slightly better than LY. In the NFCW you better be able to harass the qb.

I think it doesn't matter how much you want. It's Supply and Demand at it's finest, and Gordon might be seeing the same thing as Clowney right now: You might have to lower your expectations if you want to have a job next season.

King Dog

Reaction score
jmahon316":1zbqjieu said:
King Dog":1zbqjieu said:

He's 33 years old coming from a SB team. I'd say he has quite a bit left to prove. I'll be damned if that was his last chapter.

I don't want to embarrass you or make you feel bad. I just want to help you understand how most feel is a "prove it" contract. Sanders went for 66 869 and 5td's after coming off an Achilles. That's a good season. He doesn't have anything left to prove. He will be paid accordingly.

A prove it contract is more along the lines of someone like Rashaad Penny if he was a FA coming off an ACL. Most teams would be like hey you looked pretty good before the injury, but we have no idea how you're gonna look now. They would go on to sign him to a short contract for less than market instead of what he would command if he had a productive prior injury free season.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
King Dog":1v6quf0i said:
jmahon316":1v6quf0i said:
King Dog":1v6quf0i said:

I don't want to embarrass you or make you feel bad. I just want to help you understand how most feel is a "prove it" contract. Sanders went for 66 869 and 5td's after coming off an Achilles. That's a good season. He doesn't have anything left to prove. He will be paid accordingly.

A prove it contract is more along the lines of someone like Rashaad Penny if he was a FA coming off an ACL. Most teams would be like hey you looked pretty good before the injury, but we have no idea how you're gonna look now. They would go on to sign him to a short contract for less than market instead of what he would command if he had a productive prior injury free season.

I think his age and the multiple weapons on that team hinder his true value, hence the "prove it" contract. As in, "are your stats padded because Kittle was the true #1 receiving target or was it teams sold out on the run with Jimmy G as your starting QB?"...I could be wrong though.

xray

Reaction score
My prediction , the 2020 season will be cancelled .

Latest posts