DT Hawks Draft

Largent80

Reaction score
So we lost at least one DT in FA. And re-signed Reed.

I still think we need to draft one....There are a couple that are intriguing....

DaVon Hamilton is one powerful presence. He's probably going to go earlier than the Hawks pick.

Reakwon Davis screams SEAHAWK, and will likely be available in the second.

Justin Madubuike is another option.

Any others you like?

cheese22

Reaction score
Elliott from Missouri. He seems to play in the offenses backfield most of the time.
Benito Jones from Miss State is pretty underrated too.
LOVE Hamilton!

John63

Reaction score
cheese22":2fw0kfju said:
Elliott from Missouri. He seems to play in the offenses backfield most of the time.
LOVE Hamilton!

Nicec calls those are the one si am keeping my eye on as well especailly Elliott

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Neville Gallimore’s play reminds me a lot like Brandon Mebane. Then there’s Ross Blacklock. In the later rounds, Jason Strowbridge may be a good value.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the team could draft two DTs, there’s need.

There's a good shot you could be right on with the players below as you have described, Benito Jones late and Elliot late second, I must admit I am starting to be interested in learning more about DaVon Hamilton. Madabuike is apparently very strong and gets good penetration as well.

cheese22":19ir7x4j said:
LOVE Hamilton!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The Hawks need players with that nasty edge to win at the line. Davis and Madubuike fit that bill, and one could throw in Leki Fotu.

titan3131

Reaction score
I just dont see "Nasty" out of madibuike.

He has a solid 1st step, has some pancakes, but I havent seen Nasty out of the 290lb guy.

- Nasty list for me is in no order.

Hamilton, Fotu, Davis

penihawk

Reaction score
Hamilton,Gallimore,Fotu & Davidson in morning particular order. Just don’t know what Davis is? I see him as a 5T that would be on the bench on passing downs.

kf3339

Reaction score
I am all for getting a strong DT prospect in this draft. Not sure I would go first pick as the OT and C positions have more need right now. I definitely wouldn't take a DE with our first pick since that should be handled with the remaining FA's or a trade (if necessary).

Which DT draft prospect I am just not sure as the best two will be long gone before our first pick.

Seafan

Reaction score
The team has 4 centers on the roster. Doubt they draft a center. The draft is deep at OT and WR. No need to pick those early.

IMO the Hawks will go DL early and often. Edge and DT. A player who could play LB and line up and rush the edge would be outstanding.

I can see the Hawks taking a LT in round 3 or later. Same with WR and perhaps a RB.

Look at the roster. This draft is weak at guard and the Hawk roster is full of guards but people suggest the Hawks are going to draft a guard early. I don't see it at all.

The defense needs the most help and I agree with getting the best DT they like early.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
They reportedly are interested in Robert Hunt and have met with him, a possible 3rd round OL. They have been amassing all these OL for a reason, with the lack of probable mini camps and OTA's developing a guy is going to take even longer, so whomever they pick on the DL will likely step in right away. The DL need a lot of talent, and maybe 3 second rounders will do the trick?

They may go after a guy like Uche at DE. I see them trading back again however.

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":1ky7a354 said:
They reportedly are interested in Robert Hunt and have met with him, a possible 3rd round OL. They have been amassing all these OL for a reason, with the lack of probable mini camps and OTA's developing a guy is going to take even longer, so whomever they pick on the DL will likely step in right away. The DL need a lot of talent, and maybe 3 second rounders will do the trick?

They may go after a guy like Uche at DE. I see them trading back again however.

I just don't see them going DE early in this draft. None outside of Young are worth a first or even high second round pick. They already have to get their last year's first round selection up to speed. If the D-Line had to be the pick make it a DT selection. Someone that can push the pocket.

Still would rather have an OT be our first pick.

seabowl

Reaction score
Would rather they sign Snacks Harrison