Fournette may be on Hawks radar (speculation)

seabowl

Reaction score
Saw a report on NFL Network that said Fournette could he a fit for Seattle. I like him enough to explore a trade and think Penny would be involved as part of the deal. Only thing I don't like is having to pay him a big contract after this year.

Thoughts?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
HARD PASS.

Gonna be way expensive. Soon. More injury prone than Carson. And the topper cant play out of the shot gun.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hard pass. This draft is deep in running backs, unless we can get him for pennies on the dollar I want nothing to do with him.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
The entire Seahawks community would lose it if we pay the second contract for almost any RB. Our current starter was found in the 7th round and you can consistently find a starter on day 2. There is simply no way this is true.

Erebus

Reaction score
seabowl":29svaf5k said:
Saw a report on NFL Network that said Fournette could he a fit for Seattle. I like him enough to explore a trade and think Penny would be involved as part of the deal. Only thing I don't like is having to pay him a big contract after this year.

Thoughts?

Fournette has missed 12 games in 3 years, and averages 4.0 yards per carry in his career. Very average numbers, but he was drafted high so he's paid accordingly.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like Rashaad Penny. Yeah I get that he hasn't been that durable either, but he's a lot more explosive than Fournette. He's averaged 5.3 yards per carry in his career. In fact I like Penny better than Carson (Carson averages 4.5 ypa behind the same o-line).

I certainly don't want to trade for an overpaid average RB, and I'd be livid if we traded a better and cheaper player for him.

Erebus

Reaction score
seabowl":3a9t97id said:

Thoughts?

I should also point out that players have to pass a physical from the new team before they can be traded. You can't trade an injured player. By the time you could trade Penny, he'd be healthy and we'd have no need to downgrade to Fournette.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't like Fournette, but he's a hell of a back. Not sure he's a downgrade at all. But I prefer to keep Penny here. You can see how he plays once he gets some playing time and momentum.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Erebus":277r2iup said:
seabowl":277r2iup said:

Thoughts?

Fournette has missed 12 games in 3 years, and averages 4.0 yards per carry in his career. Very average numbers, but he was drafted high so he's paid accordingly.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like Rashaad Penny. Yeah I get that he hasn't been that durable either, but he's a lot more explosive than Fournette. He's averaged 5.3 yards per carry in his career. In fact I like Penny better than Carson (Carson averages 4.5 ypa behind the same o-line).

I certainly don't want to trade for an overpaid average RB, and I'd be livid if we traded a better and cheaper player for him.

Me too, I'm high on Penny, he's steadily gotten better. He was breaking out RIGHT when he got hurt.

I remember walking out of the bar after the Minny MNF game last year thinking that the 1 2 punch of Carson/Penny was just now gelling. Too bad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's clear the team will need a RB to be added to the pile this offseason. Acquiring Fournette is somewhat of a pipe dream though. To me it seems highly unlikely the Hawks would spring for the type of deal he'd want with their other needs and their cap situation.

The team can add a cheaper player to pile with a controlled low cost by drafting a quality young player in the draft. Sadly with the lateness of Penny's injury he's not likely to even be available to play until late in the upcoming season. Drafting a RB this draft is something that is close to being a need.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Fournette talk. Costs too much, both in cap and draft capital in a year when we are a bit short on picks to begin with. RB, while a concern, is hardly the 3 alarm fire that our pass rush was last year. The moves to beef up both lines so far are a positive. No flash to speak of, but lots of beef to throw at the problem.

RB remains the one position on the field (other than kick returner, maybe) where you can get a gem in the later rounds that can step in and contribute almost immediately. For my money, they should blow off the Fournette hype and draft RB help on Day2/3. Much cheaper, and probably more productive, especially in the long term.

Reaction score
Erebus":e0omlys7 said:
seabowl":e0omlys7 said:
Saw a report on NFL Network that said Fournette could he a fit for Seattle. I like him enough to explore a trade and think Penny would be involved as part of the deal.

I have said this in past posts I believe Penny is our best back Im right there with u! Fournette reminds me of Eddie Lacy! Have to say hell naw to the naw naw naw!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lacy? Fornette is better than Lacy ever was. I like Penny, but I'm not ready to say he's better than Carson. Need to see a lot more before I think that. Carson is damn good. But hey, having TWO good backs is a hell a nice problem to have.

TreeRon

Reaction score
When I first heard of this and the negative talk regarding same it made me wonder. Had there been social media to the degree there is today, back in the day, how would speculation of Marshawn Lynch to Seattle have been received . IMO, not very well.

Gio

Reaction score
i'd rather get Gurley than this walking glass. lol

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":epzl5th4 said:
Lacy? Fornette is better than Lacy ever was. I like Penny, but I'm not ready to say he's better than Carson. Need to see a lot more before I think that. Carson is damn good. But hey, having TWO good backs is a hell a nice problem to have.
In college yeah I agree pros I disagree look at the numbers. Lacy career averages (2013) 4.1 (2014) 4.6 (2015) 5.1 2016 he had a pitiful 2.6. Fournette is not all that. he average 3.9 3.3 and 4.3. Lacey beats him all except one year. Lacy beats him in td's and yards. You put there first three seasons against each other and Lacy was the better back in the pros. I agree about having too good backs. I like them both Carson and Penny just don't like Carson fumbles. I believe Penny could be the better of the two imo.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All a matter of opinion, and that's fine. Just because Fornette is a jack wagon, doesn't mean he isn't a baller. And for the record, I do NOT want him on the Hawks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Keep Penny,why is that hard for some to see?

jeremiah

Reaction score
Erebus":2mc27wsb said:
seabowl":2mc27wsb said:

Thoughts?

I agree about Penny, Carson can go away. He is not The guy. He is too big and cannot slip through a crack in the D. The only thing he can do is run hard....plus he is a fumbler. I don't care if he hasn't had a history until last year of fumbling. He has now been revealed as one. Penny and Fournette, dyno-mite.