1st Round - 27th pick Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

getnasty

Reaction score
Must have not been able to find a trade partner. This one stings maybe more then any recent pick.

Atradees

Reaction score
Oh my. Team RW!!!! Yeah go...............Espinesa or Gross matos will be significant impacts

Seajam

Reaction score
Just because they got lucky with one draft class, these front office morons think they will score with pick a name out of the box technique again!
I guess again 5 total plays again from our 1st rounder!

TreeRon

Reaction score
Well, we all predicted they'd take someone not on anyone's (except theirs) radar.

poly1274

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3ruri9cg said:
poly1274":3ruri9cg said:
Jordyn Brooks over Patrick Queen.

Ok.
Exactly.

Just pass on a proven SEC player!

I hope JS and PC didn't fumble the choice because this debate is going to be forever.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah you have to hand it to them, they don't care what anyone think there gonna draft who they want where they want but damn it's been awhile since any of these 1st round reaches have hit.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Eh they actually took a decent player at a position of need. I'm just glad they didn't pick a QB or punter or traded it for a 4th rounder.

King Dog

Reaction score
Wouldn't have expected anything else in the 1st. It's always worrisome that Pete is able to give out draft clues on who we're going to take with our first pick each year lol meaning he's pretty confident no other team is going to take them.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He’s a hell of a run stuffer, and can get to the quarterback. He’s a laser. You don’t see him coming, then bang, he is just there.

The BWags comparison is dead on.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm liking this pick. Most people had Brooks a 2nd/3rd rounder but Pete and John see more stuff than the average analyst.

"Texas Tech head coach Matt Wells called Jordyn Brooks the "next Bobby Wagner" which he would know since he coached Wagner at Utah State"

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
LB was a disaster last year. This was needed and he looks like a KJ replacement .