Carson Penny Status?

Elemas

Reaction score
Any good Intel on their recovery status?

I was hoping to nab a Dillon or Moss (recognize RB with the picks we had vs our needs weren't aligned).

Perhaps our two guys are progressing just fine. Due to Covid-19, maybe there's a bit more off-season recovery time.

I'd be very happy with a healthy Carson and Penny back in the mix.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Last i recall seeing was in February and Carson was making good progress to be ready by opening day.

Penny had an ACL tear and i presume most members of this site understand the length of recovery in that area. He's likely going to start the season on PUP.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Coach did a recent interview in which he described being in frequent contact with both Carson and Penny, Said both are doing well with social distancing and working on their rehab. Said both seem to be making good progress and he expects Carson will be ready by day 1. Didn't seem as optimistic regarding Penny's return date but is hopeful.

"but is hopeful"...ME TOO cause IMO they did next to nothing to address a very precarious situation for our RB position in the draft. With our cap squeeze I can't see them doing much more either.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1a42c62o said:
Coach did a recent interview in which he described being in frequent contact with both Carson and Penny, Said both are doing well with social distancing and working on their rehab. Said both seem to be making good progress and he expects Carson will be ready by day 1. Didn't seem as optimistic regarding Penny's return date but is hopeful.

"but is hopeful"...ME TOO cause IMO they did next to nothing to address a very precarious situation for our RB position in the draft. With our cap sueeze I can't see them doing much more either.

Huh? They took a RB in the fourth. How many picks did you expect them to use and how high? Seahawks fans would have lost their minds if they selected a high RB.

Remember, Carson was a 7th rd pick and their about to pick again in a moment. If hes healthy to start the season (Whenever that actually is) we're in good shape at RB.

What did you expect them to do?

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I understand an ACL can be a lengthy recovery.

I read somewhere that Rashaad had a "set-back" but, it may have been posted on a site like Bleacher Report. Makes sense that he'll be on the PUP.

Really like what I saw from him late last year.

Would've loved Dillon or Moss but, I agree that it would've caused some chaos.

As long as CC is healthy, we're in good hands.

Thx again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Elemas":13e9yyfd said:
Thanks for the responses. I understand an ACL can be a lengthy recovery.

I read somewhere that Rashaad had a "set-back" but, it may have been posted on a site like Bleacher Report. Makes sense that he'll be on the PUP.

Really like what I saw from him late last year.

Would've loved Dillon or Moss but, I agree that it would've caused some chaos.

As long as CC is healthy, we're in good hands.

Thx again.

He tore ACL and MCL as well as something else, basically a knee reconstruction.

TAB420

Reaction score
With the lack of training this year for our rookies. I wouldn't be surprised if we added a vet RB.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We have almost a million people with Covid 19 the real number is much much higher. We losing thousands of people to it evry day . I think there's a good chance that the season is postponed or outright cancelled. This virus is growing exponentially every day and it's not just going to disappear in the next 6 months people it's here until we get a cure. If there is a season it won't be a normal one.

Torc

Reaction score
There's always Marshawn. Turbin probably wouldn't mind another paycheck too. :p

xray

Reaction score
Considering Penny's injuries , his knee is basically done as far as being a NFL RB . He never lived up to the hype to start with ; and now a bum knee ? Good luck to him and probably good bye too .

toffee

Reaction score
xray":3lg91m7w said:
Considering Penny's injuries , his knee is basically done as far as being a NFL RB . He never lived up to the hype to start with ; and now a bum knee ? Good luck to him and probably good bye too .
Penny May never realize his potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Penny was injured late in the season and an uncomplicated ACL takes about 1 year to recover. Penny's injury wasn't uncomplicated so I wouldn't expect him to return until just before the playoffs if the team gets to the playoffs.

EvEn then I'd be dubious about his game shape and what contribution if any the team could expect from him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1k3rpivu said:
Penny was injured late in the season and an uncomplicated ACL takes about 1 year to recover. Penny's injury wasn't uncomplicated so I wouldn't expect him to return until just before the playoffs if the team gets to the playoffs.

EvEn then I'd be dubious about his game shape and what contribution if any the team could expect from him.
He had a full knee reconstruction as Chris said. Much of it is going to be dependent on straight up genetics and how much he puts into his rehabilitation. Even if all of the above works out to the best case scenario I don't think he's going to be doing much this year due to when he got his injury.

There is a chance that he completely loses his second gear. If that is the case he's going to have to learn how to run differently. Quite honestly I'm surprised that Seattle didn't really go after a running back in the draft. The guy we did draft is a wide receiver that just converted. He looks more like a solid third down back, not the type of guy you can rely on to pound the rock. The other back is built like a runningback, but he came from a small school. Couldn't find any tape on him. There is a good chance we could find ourselves in the same situation that we did last year.

I kind of hope we look for a veteran running back. Sometimes there are good guys that you can pick up on waivers that just haven't had a chance. We may need that type of guy this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Today on King 5 they had a piece on the Seahawks, Caron should be ready to go, Penny probably to start on PUP and Wright had a Shoulder Surgery, nothing major.

So beginning of season, Caron, Homer, and Dallas are kinda the committee at RB.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
I caught a fresh vid of Penny @ Seahawks.com today doing a pretty fancy quick step routine on a step up. It might have been a tweet, but it's on the team site. While there I also enjoyed listening to all the draft calls and radio interviews our new guys have been doing.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":29cfdxy7 said:
Appyhawk":29cfdxy7 said:

"but is hopeful"...ME TOO cause IMO they did next to nothing to address a very precarious situation for our RB position in the draft. With our cap sueeze I can't see them doing much more either.

Huh? They took a RB in the fourth. How many picks did you expect them to use and how high? Seahawks fans would have lost their minds if they selected a high RB.

Remember, Carson was a 7th rd pick and their about to pick again in a moment. If hes healthy to start the season (Whenever that actually is) we're in good shape at RB.

What did you expect them to do?

I expected then to rank picks according to current need. IMO post draft the RB need remains a huge question, despite that I like both Homer and Dallas. IT would be a mircle for either of those two to come in and successfully replace Carson.
SOME Seahawk fans might have objected to using a higher pick on the RB position, but a lot would have approved had we gotten "our guy".
As far as I'm concerned I don't give a rip about a bunch of message board blowhards erupting. That's what message board blowhards do. Only thing I care about is team success. As a team reliant on being able to run the ball effectively, having one solid running back is NOT "we're in good shape", especially when that #one guy is coming off an injury that is very easily a repeat situation. And just because Pete struck gold on a 7th round pick is no indicator that the 7th round is a reliable source of top talent.

Smellyman

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheFantasyPT/status/1256042970563989506[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3a25wuyi said:
I caught a fresh vid of Penny @ Seahawks.com today doing a pretty fancy quick step routine on a step up. It might have been a tweet, but it's on the team site. While there I also enjoyed listening to all the draft calls and radio interviews our new guys have been doing.

Yeah seen that the day before todays announcement, moving and still doing rehab, they never rush these guys back in Seattle, they have a bunch of tests they have to pass before they can even start real running.

Latest posts