5th Round - 148th pick - Alton Robinson DE Syracuse

Jerhawk

Reaction score
NFL draft bio:

"Overview
Twitched-up edge rusher with exciting potential to become a disruptive factor in NFL backfields with a more skilled and willful approach. Robinson has the burst and bend to become a pass rushing problem for tackles early in his career, but his approach is too "one-trick" and needs workable counters to become less predictable. As a run defender, he has enough strength, but lacks consistent technique and instincts. He's worthy of consideration as a designated rusher while he smooths out the kinks and could take a big leap forward with better skill and control."

[youtube]ak4BRUBJmeg[/youtube]

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
hes going to be the steal of our draft. he has all the tools just needs some coaching.

Jville

Reaction score
[youtube]vbuzn_TNc9w[/youtube]
[youtube]KgtWg5DanS8[/youtube]
[youtube]YZdPeGmEy3c[/youtube]

nanomoz

Reaction score
Man he reminds me of Clemons. Love this.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Like this pick as well.
Plug him in ...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Both the EDGE players we drafted look intriguing. Here's hoping someone pans out amongst Collier, Taylor, Robinson to add to the veterans we've got already. I've also got high hopes that Green will break out this year.

I'm happier about where we are with our pass rush right now than I was at this time last year.

Reaction score
I really wanted Anae here. I'm all about on the field production and I don't think Robinson provides that. I'm sure front office knows what they're doing more than me, however.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1254128835341119490[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1254128633842556928[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1254129228355792896[/tweet]

vonstout

Reaction score
Was going to Texas A & M, but got released for stealing from his girlfriend TWICE. Ended up at Syracuse. Hope he’s grown up and matured.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
My favorite pick of the Hawks draft so far. I think hes going to be that diamond in the rough Petes always looking for. Guy can ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His production wasn't as high as you'd hope to see and he has arms that are a bit shorter than the standard profile, but he's shown he can overcome adversity and grow. I liked this pick.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Interesting back story, and IMHO, an unfair portrayal of who this young man is.

I think the Robbery and "20 years" is profiling BS. He took his G/Fs phone, left the purse, and everything else. There was some physical interaction, but we'll never know how much because "witness was uncooperative."

To me this sounds like a Girlfriend/Boyfriend fight over "Who've you been texting? I know you're texting that other guy! Let me see your phone!"

Both times, he grabbed her purse, pulled the phone out of it, and dropped the purse. I'm sorry, but what "Robber" leaves the purse behind? And why was she still with him after the first time if he had "Robbed" her? GF/BF argument seems much more plausible than "Robbery and 20 Years!"

Remember this guy?

Man Imprisoned, Cleared of Rape Has NFL Tryout With Seattle Seahawks

Long Beach high school football standout Brian Banks served five years on a rape charge before the accuser recanted her testimony

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/loca ... t/1924647/