6th Round - 214th pick Freddie Swain WR Florida

nwHawk

Reaction score
Solid all around. Seems to have a 2nd gear. Slot guy, good hands, decent blocker, special teams to start but he could develop into a complementary WR piece.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Gators fan, friend of mine, said this about Swain;

“Pretty good, played slot and returner, very safe hands. We had a lot of WRs but he was the one everyone trusted a lot on 3rd down”

Which is handy, given how some of our WRs last year seemed to go missing on 3rd downs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ursua replacement I am sure :)

Good to have someone to take Locketts return job, it's needed given how important Tyler is to the offense and the hits you take on returns. He is a pure slot guy It looks like also and has no fear over the middle based on the reports.

jeremiah

Reaction score
This guy looks a lot like a certain Stanford player that became much better than average. Could he be the next Doug Baldwin? I like what I see.

I never figured out why he retired, figured he was taking time off so he could choose a team to play for, like SF. 30 years old is not old in this league, especially when it is BIG payday time. It will be great if this guy is as solid and half as productive.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
jeremiah":2bat82jp said:
This guy looks a lot like a certain Stanford player that became much better than average. Could he be the next Doug Baldwin? I like what I see.

I never figured out why he retired, figured he was taking time off so he could choose a team to play for, like SF. 30 years old is not old in this league, especially when it is BIG payday time. It will be great if this guy is as solid and half as productive.
Baldwin had an insanely fast 3 cone time and it showed on the field in the way he was able to create separation early in a route. I don't think Swain is on Doug's quickness level. I like the pick, I just don't think we're looking at a Doug Baldwin type of player.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
As a Gator fan I love this pick because I know the player.

Great slot WR, could be the next Doug Baldwin. Has insane leadership tangibles as well. Often led the Gators onto the field and gave the pep talks.

Self-motivated much like Doug.

For as poorly as Seattle drafts early on they make up tor it late.

jmahon316

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1olgi15l said:

Great slot WR, could be the next Doug Baldwin. Has insane leadership tangibles as well. Often led the Gators onto the field and gave the pep talks.

I held back because I thought it was too much of a hot take, but I see Baldwin in this guy.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jmahon316":ikwzhcdy said:
NFSeahawks628":ikwzhcdy said:

I held back because I thought it was too much of a hot take, but I see Baldwin in this guy.
I don't think he looks like Baldwin. Baldwin was a player that played much bigger than his size, and a player that was really quick in space. This guy while quick in space is not at Baldwins level. I think he's a different beast altogether. I think he's more of a Bobby Engram sort of character, which is absolutely not a knock on him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Check out his highlights, they are fairly nondescript but there is one catch which is deflected directly in front of him and he catches it with one hand anyway. Great adjustment and talent. Be interested to see if he got lucky or that this is testament to his talent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We needed a slot guy w/some speed. Plus, very good chance they use him in ST. No more risking Lockett imo.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Looks like he has good RAC ability, and good hands though I can see the body catching knock, and seems to reliably find open spots to get to in helping his QB. Adequate speed to be hard to easily run down but he catches the ball. He will up the talent level with the depth.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He certainly uses blockers well in the open field. That isn't something that often pops off the screen.

lukerguy

Reaction score
He looks both quick and fast with good hands. I really like this pick.