DT help?

orca

Reaction score
The 2020 Draft is almost over and surprisingly the Seahawks didn't take a DT, despite the glaring lack of depth at this position. I guess they'll be looking for a veteran to fill that void, as they did before.

The only available guy with decent experience and age seems to be Damon "Snacks" Harrison. He had some very good years in New York but was obviously not happy in Detroit. I can't blame him there...

Would he fit here? Or which DT would you like to come in and help?

Basis4day

Reaction score
They've done fine with JAG DTs and your not finding a Aaron Donald/ JJ Watt menace outside of a top 15 overall pick.

Im hoping for a return to Reed's 2018 production and i still really like Poona Ford. After that you're just talking depth and not game breakers.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have a knack of finding DT's in cutdowns before the season, we are not void of them, plus we can still sign UDFA guys, Poona Ford was one of those guys.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
It seems unlikely that we land a quality inside pass rusher in UDFA, those guys usually go early on day one and two. And, we have a few ends who can move inside to rush the passer on passing downs. There may be a handful of solid interior run defenders available.

Three DT's I like as UDFA signings:
Benito Jones projects as a 1-tech in a 4-3, and I think he fits Pete's defense (other than the arm length). We need depth and competition at the 1-tech. The short arms could be an issue for gap control. I think he is a mid day 3 pick if his arms were a 1/2 inch longer.
Daririon Daniels is another guy I think could provide depth at 1-tech. I just watched his film from a couple games, his effort is great and he seems pretty quick off the snap.
Raequan Willams seems like a solid run defender from the 3-tech. I watched a couple minutes of highlights and he looked good, but everyone looks good in a highlight video. I still liked what I saw and think he would have an outside shot to make the back end of the roster.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SEMOfootball/status/1254200903021797382[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TroyTrojansFB/status/1254192792403873793[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Basis4day":mwx6qphv said:
They've done fine with JAG DTs and your not finding a Aaron Donald/ JJ Watt menace outside of a top 15 overall pick.

Im hoping for a return to Reed's 2018 production and i still really like Poona Ford. After that you're just talking depth and not game breakers.

We haven't done find with JAG DT's at all. The only interior pass rush this Pete Carroll team has had since 2015 has been Michael Bennett, plus Jarran Reed for a year with Frank Clark taking pressure off him. The fact that Reed couldn't do the same with Jadaveon Clowney playing has me extremely concerned for the prospects of this defense in 2020, to be honest with you. The team needs interior pass rush.

Own The West

Reaction score
I can't find anything on Avery except a comment that said he had a 34.5" vertical at his pro day. He's 320#...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
With the return of the LEO to Seattle, we don't need that Aaron Donald style QB wrecker, we need a big guy who occupies space, two gaps, and stuffs the run.

The Leo defense needs a 5 tech and a 1 tech that can two gap, demand two blockers, and who presents an immovable wall against the run. Clowney gives us that out of the 5 tech position, plus his pass rushing ability, but I just don't see that big 1 tech on our roster yet.

Hopefully someone steps up.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Keep in mind that our two rookies from last year (Christmas and Mone) are on the roster. Mone is a MASSIVE DT at 360+ pounds. Christmas is a bit lighter but has some abilities as a 1 Tech.

Naz Jones is still on the roster, and has been up and down...but still young and growing into his abilities...but has flashed at the NFL level a couple of years back. We also have Branden Jackson for depth at DT and DE.

Latest posts